Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
having a crappy couple of days...
      #317744 - 10/31/07 06:05 PM
caitlineb

Reged: 07/01/07
Loc: bay area, CA

Literally. Crappy.

I just got a promotion at work so I should be thrilled. Instead I feel sick, tired, depressed, and alone. I am not literally alone. I live with my boyfriend. But I don't have anyone to commiserate with! He is so normal it bugs me sometimes!

I get no support at work from the people I am "leaving behind" as I move on to bigger and better things there. I get snide remarks and jealousy-laced whispers. Fake congratulatory handshakes. I worked my butt off for two years and am getting something that I believe (and my bosses believe) I deserve. I feel like I'm back in high school with these people!

And to top things off I have been having D for the past two days. I was doing so well for a while! No complaints! I was ecstatic with the minimal number of BMs I was having, which is something else my boyfriend doesn't understand... I guess lots of people take for granted their daily BM. I jump for joy when I have just one!

Anyway, I have just been sitting here since I got home from work CRYING. Yes, I am feeling sorry for myself and my situation. Crying and writing this baloney have helped a bit, so thanks to anyone out there who reads this and doesn't think: oh, stop your whining! I could probably use you as a real-life friend!

--------------------
"I have no patience for lactose. And I won't stand for it." -Jerry Seinfeld

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: having a crappy couple of days... new
      #317754 - 11/01/07 06:18 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Go ahead and cry! Trust me I understand! Some days just suck and some more days just suck with ibs! I am so jelous of people who live a normal live with out worrying what there going to eat! My husband puts stuff in his stomach that I wouln't dream of and hes just fine the next day!Hang in there and feel free to vent anytime we all need to!
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas lactose interolant

#317769 - 11/01/07 11:21 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Congrats on the BMs! Sorry about the D, it happens like that sometimes. It's all catching up to you, the stress and worry about leaving a job, and all the hard work you put into developing and executing your exit strategy! You're going to make a ton of new friends at your *better* new job! Screw 'em, right?

I hope you can get some time to yourself to de-stress and have some casual alone time. I recommend trash TV. A couple hours of Springer and Maury, maybe a court tv show, and your troubles will melt away. Put something chocolaty in your mouth and give your hormones a recharge. When my stomach is out, sometimes I cheat like hell on my ibs diet. Already sick, right? OK, don't do that.

~nelly~

#317772 - 11/01/07 11:55 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

Somedays are harder than others but that's why you us for hugs..Because we understand the IBS thing. First of all congrats on the promotion!! You go girl!! Forget about your kindergarter's your leaving behind because your moving on up!! I agree with the others and celebrate!! Go home take a bath watch some TV. Eat honeycombs and Soy/rice milk with alittle unsweetened cocoa in bed. Lifetime always has good movies...

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

#317921 - 11/04/07 09:30 AM
caitlineb

Reged: 07/01/07
Loc: bay area, CA

Thank yous! The promotion has been going smoothly thus far... But I still see the people I "left behind" because we are still in the same building. I still feel their awkward glances in my direction and the closed-mouth smiles. Kinda weird! Hopefully I will feel better about all this after I get my first pay check!!
My D has been reducing, but I am still not back to "normal." Whatever THAT is, right? Just been taking it easy with some oatmeal and diced peaches for breakfast, and last night I had this great squash-sauce on pasta! And a Dr. Pepper... yummm.
OK, good luck to everyone else who may be having a tough time with BMs and whatnot! We know that we are NOT alone! ...I don't know what I'd do without this site...

--------------------
"I have no patience for lactose. And I won't stand for it." -Jerry Seinfeld

#317923 - 11/04/07 11:08 AM
sharond

Reged: 10/29/07

What it all boils down to is that they are jealous....just hold your head high, look at them straight on and smile with a "good morning". They're not the important people in your life anyway and within a couple of weeks it will all be a thing of the past.
Sharon

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 208 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1718

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review