All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Update-warning depressing
      #317726 - 10/31/07 02:11 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well, its been a while since I posted. For those of you who remember, I have been struggling with illness for several years and infertility and miscarriages before that. I don't feel the need to rehash all the old stuff but suffice it to say, the last three years or so have been hell for me.

Just over a month ago, I tried to off myself. Yes, it was a serious attempt, swallowed close to three hundred pills before I passes out. Was found several hours later by waking hubby, who called 911. I didn't regain conscious until three days later, in the ICU. I woke up alone and in the dark because my eyes were swollen shut from exposure keratitis. Needless to say, I was afraid. My chest and throat hurt like heck from being intubated.

The next two days or so are also a bit fuzzy, I was highly medicated. In total, I stayed in the ICU for 5 days than was moved to cardiac care for another 5 days. Apparently, if I had not tried to commit suicide, I would have been dead in a few days anyway because they discovered that I have two pulmonary embolisms (PE's) and three deep vein thrombosis (dvts). The PE are blood clots in the lungs and the dvts are blood clots in the calves or legs. They also discovered that I have a heart condition called prolonged QT. It has to do with the electrical system of the heart. It can be life threatening.

However, the dr's do not necessarily believe any of these other conditions are causing me all my issues. So, they are just bonus medical condition to add to my ever growing list.

I did see a whole parade of different dr's, most of which I do not even remember. They are changing my RA dx to UCTD, which is undifferentiated connective tissue disease. This means that they believe I have an autoimmune disease of unknown origin, meaning they are not smart enough to figure it out!

Oh, on top of all of this, I was wondering why my hubby was not visiting me very much. I think it was day 6 or 7, when he asked me, via a typed letter, where I would like my car and stuff delivered to because he wanted a separation. Hey, the wife is in the hospital for some serious crap, lets deliver her a dear john letter!

He does decide out of the kindness of his heart to pick me up fro hospital. I agree to a two week partial patient psych program. Now, he says he wants to try and make the marriage work. Not sure how I feel about it all. I am not in any condition to be making life altering decisions, hell, I can't even decide what to wear in the morning right now!

He is going to his own shrink as I am. My plan is to wait until after the holidays and the make a decision. I am not strong enough mentally or physically to do it now.

So, its now been 4.5 weeks, I am just back to work and trying to figure my life out. I have to give myself shots twice a day in the stomach to keep new blood clots from forming and its likely that since I have so many blood clots now, that it was likely the cause of my 5 miscarriages. The heart thing will be monitored. A pace maker is the only real fix and at 37, not an option as far as I am concerned.

The one good thing is that I detoxed, oh so fun, NOT, from the many drugs I was on. I am currently on a host of new meds, mostly psych meds, high blood pressure meds and blood thinners.

I will try to catch up o posts tomorrow, its time for me to head home!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Update-warning depressing new
      #317730 - 10/31/07 02:54 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Oh, Michele!

I don't know what to say except that you are in my thought and I wish you all the best. Please, please, please take care of yourself. ((HUGS))

#317732 - 10/31/07 03:41 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Michele,

I don't know what to say except that I am glad that you are alive. I'm so sorry for the horrible hand you have been dealt in recent years, but I continue to hope and pray for a better future for you.

I'm here to listen any time. I wish you hope and strength in the months ahead as you grapple with some major decisions. My heart aches for you.

Love and hugs,

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#317734 - 10/31/07 03:50 PM
ms.mindful

Reged: 10/17/06

Sending love from me to you, Michele. From what I remember, (I'm not on here all that much) you have always been such a wonderful source of support here for so many.
Please, please connect with the light your life brings to our world. YOU HAVE PURPOSE!

I will hold you in love and good intentions.

~Alicia

#317735 - 10/31/07 03:50 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Michele, words can't even express how I feel after reading all of that. I'm so SO sorry for all that you have been through; I wish I could make it all go away for you. If I lived near you, I'd be visiting you every day, cooking you an IBS-safe dinner. I hope that you are getting all the help you need, and that you can heal and be HAPPY again. You know that we all love you and are VERY happy that you are alive!!

Please take care, Michele! Vent to us anytime, and please continue to let us know how you are doing.

HUGS!!!!!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#317739 - 10/31/07 04:35 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Oh Michele. I'm so sorry about everything you've had to endure. You are much loved by people on this board and I'm sure there are many others in your "real" life that do, too. I cannot imagine what you're going through. Please know that there are lots of ears here that are ready to listen or help if we can.

The biggest of big hugs to you.
Love,
Lauren

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#317740 - 10/31/07 04:48 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Just checked in to the boards and saw your message. I have always been so impressed with your strength and am even more now. You've sent me several helpful messages when I was in a panic attack or having some other issue which seemed at the time to be too much for me to handle. Now, I'm sending much love your way and wishing you the strength to endure and overcome the very difficult time you are going through....
Dan

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

To Michele new
      #317741 - 10/31/07 04:52 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

You're here for a reason, sweetie. I don't know what it is, and likely, neither do you. But there is one. Anyone else that goes through what you have been through...let's just say you're the only one I've heard stories from personally. There is some weird, unknown plan for everything. My mom spent almost two decades as a drunk, she should have died from the quantity of alcohol she put in herself. She has heart problems, high blood pressure, depression. She died, twice, and was resuscitated, twice. Twelve years ago her doctors told her that she had 7 years, max. For some reason she is still holding on here. She wanted to go many times. I know this, but she doesn't tell me. She'd rather be with her father, her childhood dog, her first, true love who died when they were very young and in love. But for some reason she is still here, like you. Something is waiting for you both. And sometime in the future, you'll both discover what it is that you are supposed to be doing. Until then, please don't give up hope. You are loved and appreciated. You are beautiful, smart, strong and wonderful. You have a place here. I say all this as my opinion. But I believe every word of it. To me it is true. And I hope that you will keep trying.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#317745 - 10/31/07 06:07 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Oh Michele!

I have tears in my eyes. You have gone through far too much in your lifetime!! I'm so sorry to hear about this last month. Please, please, please take care of yourself. Know that you are loved and important and you are missed when you're not on the board. You are beautiful, smart, talented and a fighter. It's the reason you're still here, you keep fighting. Keep fighting Michele, please, keep fighting.

We all love you, and you deserve a far better hand in life than you have been dealt.

Love you!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#317748 - 10/31/07 08:11 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Michele! I'm so sorry about all this. I can't imagine how you feel. I just want to send you my love and prayers.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 171 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11354

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review