All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Its been such a bad day!
      #317045 - 10/19/07 04:52 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

It has been such a horrible day! Me and dh has been fighting about food for the last 2 days cause I AM SO SICK OF EVERYTHING and he don't get it! Anyway we decided to go for a walk and that was a huge mistake mind you that this 6:30 and still no super so anyway on one side of town you smell catfish and fries and fried chicken on the other side of town you smell pizza and breadsticks and taco sald!So i just lost it and broke down and cried the whole time on are walk. Whats wrong he ask and I said look around all these people are living there life and going out to eat and not worrying having someone fix there super and I feel like I am inside a jug screaming for someone to let me out! I just can't handle tureky or chicken or pots one more time this week!! Can't do spices so everything taste the same! I am so upset typing this i can't stop crying its not fair and this isn't fair we all don't deserve this!!! just had to vent thanks to anyone who listen!
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas lactose interolant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Its been such a bad day! new
      #317050 - 10/19/07 06:19 PM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I don't have much advice except to hang in there. Sending you a big HUG!

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

Re: I know, I know..... new
      #317051 - 10/19/07 06:26 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I feel the same way! Why can't I be those normal people that can go to a restraunt and order whatever they want! I get so mad because there are so many things that I like and that I could get but I can't because of my IBS and the pains I would suffer from ordering it! It's totally not fair and I get pretty darned tired of it too!!!

I thought I'd be safe tonight ordering a bowl of vegetable barley soup(mind you, eating only the barley & carrots and picking around the other veggies)and the darn onions in it (which I didn't eat either)still upset my stomach! There's my husband eating a french dip sandwich, my kids eating pizza and chicken fingers and there's me eating soup and bread and I still pay for it with my IBS striking! I'm mad too!!!! So vent away! I'm listening and sympathizing!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

I'm back to vent some more............ new
      #317055 - 10/19/07 07:06 PM
emmasmom

I hear ya ahh my husbands said boy to bad you can't have salad and corn and this and that and I'm like is this suppose to help?? He suggested taco salad and i said ya thats easy for you you can have salsa and lettuce and real cheese and beans and spices i get rice and meat and few extra litlle stuff!! it just isn't fair i am so sick of every meal being around past rice and pots and theres only 1 thing i can do with pasta chicken soup cause i can't have tomatoe sauce!!! so that leaves rice and pots and i have fixed pot EVERYWAY POSSIBLE!!!!! do you follow the diet like that? thanks for listening sure helps to have someone there!xxxx ps i had 2 bowls of ceral and a pb&j sandwitch better than nothing i guess.
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas lactose interolant

Re: I'm back to vent some more............ new
      #317074 - 10/20/07 06:48 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I do follow a diet(my own diet)which is just simply eliminating things that I know I shouldn't have. For instance, I haven't officially been diagnosed as being lactose intolerant, but I absolutely can not have milk, cream cheese, sour cream or icecream. If I do, I'm in terrible pain. I don't eat lettuce, corn, string beans, strawberries and most fruit I do stay away from too. I am fortunate, however, that I can eat Pizza, spagehetti sauces, some cheeses and mostly any kind of junk food from candies to chocolate. Thank God too cause I think that's what keeps me at a steady weight. When I'm having a flare up I stick to bland foods for a few days like penne pasta with chicken broth on it or a baked potatoe, peanut butter crackers, plain cereal(no milk).

My biggest complaint is that if I have somewhere to go in the morning, I won't eat anything until I've come back. My kids play baseball and some of the games are in the morning. I usually don't eat until I get home. THAT is what I hate most about iBS. It rules my life and sometimes I get really down about it but I try to tell myself that it could be worse(like cancer or something)and that helps me to put it in perspective.

P.S. My taco salad consists of meat, taco shell and a tiny bit of cheese too. I can use Ortega taco sauce which is not salsa. It's a smooth sauce which you can get in mild form.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

thanks for being a sweetie & listening!! nt- new
      #317076 - 10/20/07 08:08 AM
emmasmom

Re: Its been such a bad day! new
      #317085 - 10/20/07 11:36 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Hang in there. I know how you feel. Life just isn't fair sometimes! I hope today is better for you!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 47 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1684

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review