All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Don't hate me...
      #316826 - 10/17/07 12:56 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

...but oh, how I am enjoying this pregnancy hiatus from IBS!

You know what I had for dinner last night? Chicken enchiladas and a big salad. You know what I had for breakfast this morning? Life cereal with REAL MILK. For some reason, I can't usually even eat Life cereal dry, let alone in milk! I love it so much right now, though! YUMMY!

Anyway, four more weeks until she's due, so all bets might be off after that! Just thought I'd share my gut joy while I still have it!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Milk it!! (No pun intended) -nt new
      #316828 - 10/17/07 01:23 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

Re: Don't hate me... new
      #316845 - 10/17/07 05:44 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

You are a perfect example of why I think IBS could be linked to hormones! I had a total abdominal hysterectomy last year and, although I still have IBS-D attacks, my attacks are less frequent and less severe. I think it's because I'm not producing an over abundance of hormones any more. I was on hormone therapy, but didn't feel good on it. So I quit. I've been doing better since quitting hormone therapy. Enjoy it while you can. Hey, maybe your pregnancy will cure your IBS forever! Congratulations, by the way, on your upcoming new arrival!

#316884 - 10/18/07 07:13 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Isn't that great!!! I loved that with pregnancy. I was eating apple pie,pork chops, chocolate and lots of good stuff. I always said they need to take the pregnancy hormone and put it in a pill form for us IBS'ers to take. Unfortunaley mine didn't stay away, but maybe you will have better luck!! I can't believe it is only 4 weeks away. You must be so excited. Good luck with everything. Are you still teaching??

#316955 - 10/18/07 05:49 PM
ChristineM

Yep! This week is my first week off work! I've been really busy, though! I'm enjoying this nice "calm before the storm."

--------------------
Christine

Re: Enjoy it now! new
      #317052 - 10/19/07 06:30 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I was one of those that had a hiatus from IBS TWICE for 8mths and I LOVED every moment of it. You deserve to eat without pain. Just cherish every moment of it cause after you have the baby it will more than likely come back in a few months! But hey, just think about having baby #2 and now nice it will be to be IBS free again for 8mths!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Christine M Just currios? new
      #317057 - 10/19/07 08:38 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hi just curious I was just wondering not including the stuff that isn' ibs safe. What have you found to eat while your pregant? I know that sounds silly but I am really really curious did you worry about the fat? (not getting engouh) and is it safe to have catfish and shrimp while your prego? I would appericate it thanks so much.
emmasmom
ibs-c
lactose interolant and GAS!

Re: Christine M Just currios? new
      #317129 - 10/21/07 09:42 PM
ChristineM

Hi,

Your doctor will give you guidelines on what you should/shouldn't eat. Just follow those. My doctor was fine with occasional shrimp, so I have had it here and there. My doctor was also fine with caffeine in moderation, so I've had some of that, too. I've just stayed away from lunch meats, soft cheeses, and alcohol, though in truth I've cheated at least once with each of those, too.

I've tried to get lots of fruits and veggies and haven't worried too much about fat content either way. I kind of listen to my body and eat what sounds good. I'm up about 28 pounds overall, which at 5'9" with about three weeks until my due date is just fine.

Good luck to you!

--------------------
Christine

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1383 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2605

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review