All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Flipada and others with experience with AD and pregnancy
      #316287 - 10/08/07 05:01 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

So, my doctors want to take me off Wellbutrin and start me on Zoloft because it's more compatible with breastfeeding. Mind you I'm 34 weeks (35 tomorrow) pregnant.

Anyone have any experiences with switching ADs during pregnancy or with BFing with either Wellbutrin or Zoloft?

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Flipada and others with experience with AD and pregnancy new
      #316290 - 10/08/07 05:05 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

With my 2nd, I started Zoloft (1st time ever) a few weeks before delivery and continued through breastfeeding with no problems. I later switched to Wellbutrin...fewer sexual side effects. For #3 I continued to take Wellbutrin throughout the pregnancy but only at 1/2 dose which I'd been taking for a few years. I also continued through breastfeeding with no problems.

I wish you well. I can't believe you're so far along already. It sure goes fast when you're not the one who's pregnant!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#316308 - 10/09/07 05:26 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Hey Lauren I'd like to ask you a question about the Wellbutrin but don't want to post it here. Can you e-mail me at my address in my profile???

#316309 - 10/09/07 05:42 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I didn't take ADs during pregnancy, but I did start zoloft 3 weeks after Mia was born. I breastfed, and incidentally still do about 2x a day. No side effects in me or Mia. I went off of them at 10 months old, and the first time I did it cold turkey cause I ran out---MISTAKE!! Got a refill and went off slowly...much better. I've been fine ever since.

Flipada mentioned sexual side effects...it's possible that I experienced this, but honestly I was so tired sex wasn't really an issue for either one of us for a long time.

--------------------

Just did. nt ;) new
      #316310 - 10/09/07 06:51 AM
Flipada

--------------------
**Lauren**

#316333 - 10/09/07 01:39 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

yeah, I'm worried about two things:

1. Sexual side effects. Wellbutrin didn't have any; I'm hoping to get lucky with the Zoloft, but we'll see.

2. Effect on IBS. I'm a D-er, and I've read that Zoloft can cause "D." Again, we'll see. At least I won't be working!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#316628 - 10/14/07 11:29 AM
rox53

Reged: 02/23/04

I'm 15 weeks pregnant right now. I was taking klonopin when I would get anxiety attacks but OB said that I can no longer take that while pregnant. I'm starting to get very, very anxious about the pregnancy. And the stomach pains are causing me to get depressed thinking that I have 6 more months of this. So my OB said that I could take Zoloft if needed. Was there any side effects on Zoloft, besides the sexual side effects? Does it work for you?

#316639 - 10/14/07 05:17 PM
Flipada

I only took it the last two weeks of my second pregnancy and it was fine. I took Wellbutrin through this last pregnancy start to finish and I had no side effects whatsoever.

Hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
**Lauren**

#317547 - 10/27/07 08:37 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I didn't take eithe ro fthose when breastfeeding, but one thing I wanted to say is that if you are on AD's, especially after birth (depending on what you're on them for) you could be very susceptible to postpartum depression. PLEEEEASE read up on this and speak up if you have ANY symptoms at all. I suffered at the hands of postpartum depression, and I don't want anyone else to do the same. I stayed on an AD while BF for my second, and although it didn't help enough because my DR was an idiot, I'm probably alive today because of it.
Not trying to scare you, hon, but just be aware and don't be afraid to talk about it.
Hugs, A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 268 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2668

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review