All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Flagyl is metronidazole
      #316127 - 10/05/07 07:39 PM
Cindy L

Reged: 05/17/06

I saw post form Maria!Maria! about Flagyl or mettronidazole. Can you or anyone give me informaton on this med. I had my gallbladder remove in June ( I am65) and active horseback rider with a right side pain nausea etc from my rib cagedown that that got worse after surgery. Riding has been out with pain and anxiety from this After a MRI,CT and a stomach elmination test they say my stomach is elminating slow and I also have IBs sysmtoms Has anyone been helped by Flagl? [list]

Flagyl or metrolodazole

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Flagyl is metronidazole new
      #316152 - 10/06/07 05:00 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I've taken Flagyl for c-diff(which a pretty serious GI problem). It gave me terrible thrush in my mouth and had to then use Nystatin to get rid of it. I think it took about 2 weeks for it to get out of my mouth. It did relieve my c-diff symptoms but only temporarily. I had to then go on one of the "big guns" called Vancomycin. That cleared it up for me.
Both my mom and my friend have used Flagyl for Diverticulitis. I don't believe either of them suffered any thrush issues but I think it does leave a terrible taste in your mouth if I remember correctly.
Hope this helps.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#316172 - 10/07/07 09:09 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

My dog just had a week of Flagyl for diarrhea. The vet made me promise to give him yogurt with active cultures (probiotic treatment) for after, so his system would stabilize correctly.

He's been doing great. No more loose stools or urgency. (Wish it were that easy for me!!!)

~nelly~

#316335 - 10/09/07 01:52 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

Are you taking probiotics to help?

#316338 - 10/09/07 03:00 PM
Cindy L

Hi Kim Yes I am taking what my docotor prscribed Alive and Digestive Advantage along with Heathers Heather's Tummy Fiber.
I was diagosed with a slow empting stomach with a nuculear test just recently. I am having trouble eating and having bowel movements. Anyone that can help or has better probios please write! I have lost 30 punds and wonder if I could have Candida.

#316354 - 10/09/07 05:27 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

Following is a website that speaks about candida symptoms, causes, etc. Do you fit the picture??

http://www.cfs-recovery.org/docdarren2.html#symptoms

#316388 - 10/10/07 09:59 AM
Cindy L

Hi again Kim, Yes I have over half of symstom on that site. I have heard a product Threelac Wll that help and can I take it with lactobacillyus cultures and Heather's tummy fiber? I need help with constipation quick! suppositories? Thanks for your help I feel so alone

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 318 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2135

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review