All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Some days I can eat practically anything....and other days are horrible.....
      #315571 - 09/26/07 11:09 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

OK...I know this issue has been addressed before, but I'm so frustrated. Some days I can eat practically anything I want and be fine for a few days and other days everything triggers my IBS-D. I also alternate now betwee IBS-C and IBS-D...ever since my hysterectomy a year ago. I just read an article about how vitamin supplements can be triggers....well, I've been taking supplements because I need calcium, etc. since my hysterectomy. I've decided not to do hormone replacement because I feel better without it. I'm just getting frustrated again with this whole IBS thing....needed to vent.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Some days I can eat practically anything....and other days are horrible..... new
      #315580 - 09/26/07 12:29 PM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

Right there with you. I get so frustrated that I'm still in pain. Everything else is great... daily bms, no nausea, can eat....just in pain. Just want to scream WHY!!!!! at the top of my lungs.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

Re: Some days I can eat practically anything....and other days are horrible..... new
      #315584 - 09/26/07 01:33 PM
Nugget

Same here...sometimes I just want to scream! Why can't I just be normal! Why can't I have more good days than rough days. Why do I feel that on my rough days I have to act as if nothing is wrong so that I don't seem like I'm complaining all the time. I feel like I'm constantly saying "my stomach is upset again."

#315595 - 09/26/07 03:13 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Oh I hear you!! My problem is I eat something today and tomorrow I can't eat the same thing without an attack! GRRR!!! I'm flip-flopping between good days and bad. Tonight, it's edging on being a bad night, of course, because I have plans! My dinner sits beside me, 1/4 eaten - rice noodles with sweet and sour chicken pieces (homemade, sauteed chicken, homemade sauce, all safe ingredients!) SOOO Frustrating!! I had it for dinner Sunday and I was fine!

Let's all meet on the top of a building somewhere and scream how sick of being sick we are!!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#315600 - 09/26/07 05:37 PM
Nugget

Ok...or at the top of a mountain...since this experience, for me, is like climbing a mountain...how about if we all imagine ourselves tomorrow at 1:00 at the top of a beautiful mountain or building all together screaming at the top of our lungs how frustrated we are and sick of being sick and then joining in one of the biggest group hugs ever!!! Sound like a plan? Who's in?? Anybody?

#315611 - 09/27/07 02:53 AM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

I'm there with you. 1:00 today, top of Pike's peak?

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#315620 - 09/27/07 07:23 AM
Nugget

I'm there, too....I've been wanting to go to the top of Pike's Peak ever since my hubby and I went to a Log Home show in Colorado Springs and visited Garden of the Gods a few years ago. We didn't take the time to drive up the peak....See you there today at 1:00!!! {{{HUGS}}}

#315647 - 09/27/07 12:06 PM
dmspross

Reged: 09/04/07
Loc: North Carolina

I feel the same way but then I try to remind myself that I could have much worse disorders/diseases. But you are entitled to your feelings just don't get too self-absorved.

#315664 - 09/27/07 02:50 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I hear you over the weekend I felt GREAT I didn't need any beano no med. Well i am paying for it I have been sick all week had a attack on tuesday night and felt sick to my stomach off and on all day today. I just want to be normal!! Thats all. I'll be screaming with you all and hugs to everyone!!
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas gas gas
lactose interolant

#315688 - 09/28/07 09:54 AM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

I also understand your frustration. Since the hypnotherapy I do tend to have more good days than bad but how it works for me, is I'll be fine for say.. A month. Eatting anything and everything and I'll be ok then all of a sudden I'll eat something that I have been eatting for the last month be in tons of pain and have to back off any sort of trigger and work it back into my diet carefully...

I have also been taking a vitimin supplement and sometimes I find it makes me feel not nessicarly like i'm having an attack but just not as well as I could be. And I have been drinking alot of V8 to try and at least get some vegetables into my diet and again, for something that is suppose to make me better, I don't react well sometimes..

For example, I didn't get a full attack but I was not feeling all that great last night and here is what I ate, Some roasted skinless chicken breast, white rice (with salt and just a touch of pepper) a couple pieces of bread (nothing on it) and a V8 shot.. So I understand...

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 276 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4167

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review