Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anyone know anything about CFS?
      #315470 - 09/23/07 06:36 PM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hi,

Lately I have been experiencing a ton of fatigue and tiredness. It seems that no matter how much sleep I get, I still get tired during the day. Besides the fact that it is affecting my job a bit, its also becoming somewhat scary because I often feel tired while driving and have to fight nodding off. So I went online to research what could possibly be causing it and stumbled upon chronic fatigue syndrome. Many of the symptoms I seem to have, particularly the one of experiencing a lot of fatigue after exercising. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here had any information about this condition? Any help at all would be great, thanks!

Julie
IBS-D, GERD, lactose intolerant

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anyone know anything about CFS? new
      #315494 - 09/24/07 10:15 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I have CFS. If you're IBS-D, look up fibromyalgia on the Internet and see if you have the other symptoms. I have that too, and never would have caught it unless someone on these boards hadn't told me about it.

Do you have cold hands and feet?

Do you kick in bed when you're trying to go to sleep/when you're dreaming?

Do you have IBS-D?

Fibro and CFS suck. I once thought that if I only had enough rest, if I only got enough sleep or stayed in bed enough, I would "catch up" on my rest and not feel so tired. That was 2 years ago and I've been resting ever since. Hasn't worked.

~nelly~

#315501 - 09/24/07 11:47 AM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hi Nelly,

Thanks for responding! I do often have cold hands and feet, though I always attributed that to my mother's genetics because she is never warm enough. My foot often kicks in my sleep, especially when I nap, and it startles me so that I wake up! And yes, I am IBS-D. I'll research more on fibro and CFS and see if I can find more specific information. I had heard that it is one of those diseases that is diagnosed mainly by exclusion (ala IBS) -- lovely Thanks again for the info!!!

Julie

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

#315512 - 09/24/07 03:16 PM
Livs

Reged: 09/23/07

Hi - I had Chronic Fatique Syndrome many years ago. I was taken off all yeast products. including certain fruits and fruit juices for 1 year. I walked and drank lots of water, and teas. I ate protein in the form of lentils, avocados and some animal protein. Buy this book called "The Yeast Connection" it will answer some of your questions. Since we're all different, you can individualize your diet, but sugar is a no no.
Good luck

#315532 - 09/25/07 10:28 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I would first schedule an appointment with your doctor and discuss your symptoms with them. If this happens after exercising, it could be a drop in blood sugar which could indicate diabetes, or hypoglaucemia(sp?) Once I had weeks where I could hardly keep my eyes open sitting at my desk at work. I eventually was diagnosed with an infection caused by having a kidney stone that had caused the infection. After the kidney stone passed and I got over the infection I wasn't tired any more. So your symptoms could be a number of things. Please see your doctor. Don't just assume it's CFS. {{{HUG}}}

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 562 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1666

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review