All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Non-IBS Travel Question
      #314752 - 09/09/07 11:27 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Next year, my husband and I are planning to travel to the UK. Originally, we were planning to go in the spring but now, we are thinking of going in summer or fall to catch a Royal Shakespeare Company show. (I'd rather go in fall than summer.) We're okay with it if that doesn't work out, but we'd really like to take the opportunity.

Anyway, what season is best overall to travel in the UK?
Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Non-IBS Travel Question new
      #314768 - 09/10/07 11:56 AM
clairews6

Reged: 09/08/07
Loc: Staffordshire, UK

Hi there, i live in the UK. the best season to come over is Late spring early summer as our weather is at its best then, but British weather is so unpredictable be prepared for anything.
Where are you planning on visiting?
Claire

--------------------
Aged 31, 1 Husband 2 Cats and maybe (hopefully) a baby soon

#314771 - 09/10/07 01:02 PM
Snorkie

We're planning on Cardiff, Wales and what in England is still up for grabs. We were thinking of going in the fall in order to catch a show with the Royal Shakespeare Company next year.

#314772 - 09/10/07 01:14 PM
clairews6

Quote:

We're planning on Cardiff, Wales and what in England is still up for grabs. We were thinking of going in the fall in order to catch a show with the Royal Shakespeare Company next year.

forgive me for sounding dumb, fall = autumn yes? as in september october? weather is awful, lots of rain and wind usually be sure to bring an umberella :-)

--------------------

Edited by clairews6 (09/10/07 01:15 PM)

#314804 - 09/11/07 04:40 AM
Snorkie

Fall=autumn, yep.

Rainy, huh? Hrm. The reason we were thinking of switching to fall was to see a Royal Shakespeare Company show. Hamlet, specifically. It's DH's favorite Shakespeare play and I'll just stare at the lead and be happy. We could go in the summer instead, but I imagine the crowds would be bigger everywhere.

#314903 - 09/12/07 12:46 PM
clairews6

I dont know about you but i'd prefer to visit places wih crowds and sunshine rather than space and an umbrella tee hee.
If you dont mind the dismal British weather then go for it, personally i hate British weather :-(

--------------------

#314905 - 09/12/07 01:59 PM
Snorkie

See, I'm the opposite. So long as I have the umbrella in the first place, I don't mind if it's raining and sorta empty. It must be the "goth" that's still in me.

We've decided to go whenever we can get tickets...probably fall. How is it about now or early October?

#314906 - 09/12/07 02:13 PM
clairews6

today has been quite nice actually, quite sunny. Its just starting to get a bit colder now, time for long sleeve tops rather than t shirts and i've had the heating on a couple of times this week for the fist time since about april. Its generally starts to get a bit colder by the day now and with it comes the rain. although the uk has had the worst ever rain fall this summer so doubt there is much left too fall tee hee. UK weather is so unpredictable so if you dont mind then dont let the weather put you off visiting, just come whenever it suits you best.

--------------------

#315466 - 09/23/07 04:38 PM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

Hey - I hope that I'm not too late (that you haven't left yet), but you should know that it is definitely getting cooler here in Wales - expect highs in the mid-50s for the most part, and definitely bring rain gear. The wind can be quite something, so umbrella's are generally a little useless. Don't let any bad weather ruin your trip though - there's still lots to do and see around here!

- Vincent

#315469 - 09/23/07 06:18 PM
Snorkie

Thanks, Vincent. We're not going until next year, so you're not too late at all. We are already looking forward to the trip!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 842 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3511

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review