All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS with constipation and Align
      #313671 - 08/21/07 06:39 PM

Unregistered

My doctor started me on Align and miralaz. I have IBS with constipation. has anyone tried these products? I have been absolutely miserable since Zelnorm went off the market. fiber doesnt seem to help. just makes me miserable. i think I could save "it" forever. help and Im new to the site. thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS with constipation and Align new
      #313685 - 08/22/07 04:28 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Miralax works great for me. I take 2 doses a day (one in am, one around dinner time). I took Zelnorm at one point. That stuff is so harsh on your system. Miralax is very gentle. It just helps your body absorb water properly. It can take 4 or 5 days to kick in. But it works.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Keep us updated on the Align new
      #313696 - 08/22/07 07:13 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I am also very seriously thinking of trying that. Where did you purchase it from? Please keep us posted on how you do.

I also take Miralax...maybe 3/4 dose a day. I don't do so well with fiber either. What kind of fiber did you try?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Keep us updated on the Align new
      #313744 - 08/22/07 05:45 PM

Unregistered

I've taken 15 doses of the align so far and not much luck. some days I was so miserable that I also used Colon Cleanse. Dr. told me to use miralax once a day and the align once a day. neither have made much difference. The nurse practitioner added a colace capsule on day 8 since I wasnt having luck. I by the align at Walmart. Giant Eagle carries it but both places order it.

Re: Keep us updated on the Align new
      #313745 - 08/22/07 05:52 PM

Unregistered

I've tried a lot of different fibers over the years. the first was metamucial, citracel, fibercon. just about everything on the market. I've eaten prunes, corn, cabbage...until they come out of my ears and nothing. so uncomfortable and frustrating. the zelnorm was the first thing that had allowed me a life not centered around digestion. then that was taken away. life should not be revolving around the gut, but isnt it the first thing we think of? what can I eat, how will I take care of my needs when away. I hate this.

How's the align coming? new
      #313992 - 08/27/07 08:04 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Are you still on it? Any relief at all yet?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: How's the align coming? new
      #314114 - 08/28/07 06:40 PM

Unregistered

In a newsletter sent from Heather recently she made a point that expecting a new med or routine to just work while stopping the old routine kind of made sense to me. She recommended adding fiber and other new things slowly while using the old stuff until the bowel accepts the fiber. I guess Ive taken that to heart. I overdid the fiber not understanding how it works and really made a mess of myself. I think the align will eventually bring the digestive bacteria back up to parr but will have to be faithful for a long time. Ive added fibercon to the routine. miralax doesnt seem to do anything for me. does it help you? I used the bowel cleanse system last weekend. hopefully it didnt cancel out any good effects. I want to feel better now! the nurse prac recommended taking the align until oct. Zelnorm was easy, one pill. now I have a phamacy of over the counter stuff. I hope it works. how long have you struggled with this? Is there ever a balance? Does it effect mood for you and is depression a factor with ibs-d? Just looking for answers in others experiences

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 709 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6718

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review