All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Brag time!
      #313241 - 08/14/07 07:23 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I think it's time again for us to share kid photos. Me first! (Pics are big again...sorry)

This is the latest of my sweet Serena. I love that smile!

My boys. Tanner will be 12 in October and Logan is 8 1/2.

Well, I'm feeling like a proud momma, if you couldn't tell!

Now it's YOUR turn!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Brag time! new
      #313255 - 08/15/07 04:53 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

OMG LOVE her hair! It's just beautiful. She already has great hair and she's a baby! She's so lucky! Can't forget your boys too who mind you look nothing alike! They are just cutie pies too. Does Tanner have braces? My oldest has them and we thought he was getting them off in Oct. Well they told him it will be March He's so bummed. Now he has to go to the school dances this year(his first dance )with braces. Tradgedy huh I'll try to dig some photo's up and post them. We are leaving for the beach next week so I'm sure I'll get some good pics. Then it's back to school for them on August 27th! CAn you believe it???? When do you and your boys go back?

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Little Lisa new
      #313266 - 08/15/07 06:56 AM
Flipada

Thank you. Amazing with all that hair. Both my boys were bald (just a little peach fuzz) for almost a year! It's been fun playing with it...headbands and barrettes...and just putting my fingers through it. It's sooo soft. I can't imagine her without it now.

Funny how the boys are so different. Tanner looks more like his dad and me while Logan looks like my brother (strange, huh?). Both my ex and I have dark hair and eyes but Logan has blue/green eyes and light brown hair (used to be blond!). Genenetics is a funny thing!

Yes, Tanner has braces. He got them on this Spring. I think he looks cute in them. Makes him look older. That and his "skater hair". He'll have them on for 2 1/2 years. His teeth were a mess. I'm seeing a difference already. Weird having one in braces and one in diapers!

Michigan has a law now that we don't go back to school till after Labor day. So, I have a few more days but it's coming fast. Have a great time at the beach and take lots of pics!

--------------------
**Lauren**

#313270 - 08/15/07 08:35 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Wow, you have a beautiful family!

I love those smiles - all three of them.

#313302 - 08/15/07 04:28 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Your children are just beautiful!! I am getting so impatient about having my own!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Snorkie new
      #313336 - 08/16/07 02:31 AM
Flipada

Thank you. I'm having a lot of fun taking pics with those big ole smiles!

--------------------
**Lauren**

Lisa Marie new
      #313337 - 08/16/07 02:33 AM
Flipada

Thanks. Serena is lots of fun. I think I had forgotten how fun they can be. It's so cool how you can spend hours just sitting and staring at them in amazement! Good luck on your trying next month. Yee haw!

--------------------
**Lauren**

Great pictures, Flipada - and wonderful children! -nt- new
      #313375 - 08/16/07 10:38 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#313626 - 08/21/07 08:49 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Oh, your kids are so cute! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Thanks! :) nt new
      #313675 - 08/21/07 07:05 PM
Flipada

--------------------
**Lauren**

Where's everyone else's brag pix??? new
      #313676 - 08/21/07 07:06 PM
Flipada

This wasn't supposed to just be about me and my kids. I wanted to see everyone else's, too!!

--------------------
**Lauren**

Re: Where's everyone else's brag pix??? new
      #313692 - 08/22/07 06:54 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I've got some new ones just haven't had time to post yet. Was on vacation the past two weeks and have been working on getting my classroom organized this week. Will try to post later today or tomorrow!

Re: Here's mine!! new
      #313973 - 08/26/07 05:59 PM
LittleLisa

Here's my oldest who will be 13 next month(notice I too have the "skater hair" children. He's sitting on my nephew's potty chair

Here's my youngest who is 9. Doing what he does best. Eating!!! He has a powder donut face!

And last but not least...the lifeguard at the beach for our terrible rainy vacation!!! It was freezing. Didn't get past 65 and it rained EVERY day. We were in Long Beach Island, NJ.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#314011 - 08/27/07 01:38 PM
Flipada

Wow, do they look like brothers, or what!? What gorgeous eyes...both of them! Ahhh, the skater hair...it's growing on me. I told Tanner that if he wanted to keep it, he'd have to take care of it. Now he spends more time looking at himself in the mirror than I do. I think I've created a monster!

--------------------
**Lauren**

#314029 - 08/27/07 05:38 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Handsome boys!! You will have your hands full pretty soon if not already! Ah yes the skater hair. My fifth grade boys were into that last year and i am sure it will be the same this year. I couldn't stand some of their hair because I couldn't see their face. At least you can see your boy's face!! I am still trying to get my new pics up but I can't find my cord to hook up my digital camera so you'll have to wait! I am so sorry that your vactation was rained out. That really stinks. We had some rain at the cottage but it always cleared by the afternoon. Vegas was gorgeous of course. I'll post some more about that when I can upload my pics!

Re: Thanks Angela new
      #314030 - 08/27/07 06:33 PM
LittleLisa

Yep that's when it started. About 5th grade. You can kinda still control their hair up to about 5th grade then they get mad at you if you make them cut it I made a deal with them that they could keep their "long" hair until pictures which are Sept. 18. Then they need their hair cut. Like Flipada said, it kinda grows on ya. Kyle the oldest has hair like me, curly. When we were at the beach it flipped up and looked really cute. Now the first day of school today it looked a mess again! Ughhh...

Can't wait to see your Vegas pics. I bet you had a good time. I'd like to see Vegas but I"m not sure I'm up for the long flight. How many hrs was it for you?

Do you guys own a cottage? Where is it? I'm so jealous. I'd love to have a cottage or beach home of our own. We were looking at the prices on the beach and most of them were a half a million to 1 million dollars to buy! Ridiculous!!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Flipada new
      #314031 - 08/27/07 06:42 PM
LittleLisa

Do you think they look alike? Everyone says it but I think they look different. Kyle has green eyes and Ryan has blue like me. Ryan's gotten so many compliments on his eye color. They just look blue to me. Mine are more steel blue whereas his are like baby blue.

I wish Kyle would take care of his mop of a head. It's ok if he wears a hat but they don't allow hats at school so he can't wear one. He's started taking showers now in the morning (thank God). It helps his hair to look better in the mornings HOWEVER< do your boys give you a hard time about taking showers? I'm not sure what it is but I hope they grow out of it soon but they refuse to take one every day. It's gotta be every other day simply because they are too lazy. Now in the summer when they play baseball they know they have to take one every day but as it gets cooler, they say "but mom, I took one yesterday?" I just wish they'd take one every day! I've gotten Kyle to at least start washing his face at night and in the morning and randomly putting on some "Axe" deodorant (can't be any other brand).I tell him that pretty soon the girls will notice if you smell and get acne from not washing your face! Ugghhhhh boy do we have a long road a head of us from 13-18!!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

hygiene! new
      #314036 - 08/27/07 06:54 PM
Flipada

Ha!! Same problem here with both my boys about showers. Do we hafta? Arghh.. drives me crazy. But, I can remember feeling that way myself when I was in jr. high. But as a girl...it's more work so I don't know what THEY'RE complaining about!

I told Tanner that he can keep his hair as is if he takes care of it. Whodathunk that he'd actually do it. We're forcing him tomorrow to get a "trim" just to keep it nice. Told him it grows faster that way! Logan will just need to get it cut.

And Axe...that's funny. Same stuff here! Boys!

--------------------
**Lauren**

Re: hygiene! new
      #314220 - 08/29/07 03:44 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

WOW do I hope my first one's a girl...

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Axe! Scourge of my life! new
      #314234 - 08/29/07 05:12 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Last summer when I was pregnant I was teaching a camp for 8-11th graders. We were all living in one dorm. The boys floor was below us and you'd think the stuff was running like a river through their hall. The smell was so strong it made me gag. Lord I hope that stuff doesn't exist by the time Ollie's a teen.

Re: hygiene! new
      #314241 - 08/29/07 07:16 PM
LittleLisa

Watch what ya wish for! Girls are much more expensive than boys with their hygiene stuff!

I remember growing up and it was me and my sister and my mom and dad. You know the old saying that when one has their period in the house that you all get it at the same time.....well when my dad would grocery shop, his question before he left was "is it pad week?" Cause all of us having it at the same time got mighty expensive
Plus all the perfumes and body sprays and make up and hair accessories and product for the hair....think about all that. Boys need maybe two pair of sneakers a year, a backpack, couple pair of jeans and some shirts and Axe. They are much more low maintanance. I'm glad I have boys!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Axe! Scourge of my life! new
      #314242 - 08/29/07 07:18 PM
LittleLisa

Oh don't worry Jenny, I'm sure a new "fad" will have come around by then!
Scary part about the Axe, now my husband insists on me buying it for him too! HOWEVER, I smell them all first and pick out the one I like best! HA!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

New here... new
      #314259 - 08/29/07 09:38 PM
Merceditas

Reged: 01/25/07
Loc: Kansas

Hi, I'm sitting on down all the way to the right. This is my husband and all my children.

Re: New here... new
      #314289 - 08/30/07 10:39 AM
LittleLisa

Well welcome! How did you do it? Raise 4 boys??? OMG I have my hands full with only 2 boys and they are young yet!!!
Is that your daughter who is a nun? Just curious. I went to Catholic school and we had nuns. Nowadays you hardly see them anymore.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Hi Lisa new
      #314346 - 08/30/07 08:16 PM
Merceditas

Reged: 01/25/07
Loc: Kansas

How did I do it? My gosh......it's not been easy, but it's been rewarding, I just take one day at a time, still. Things got stressful for me when my 2 oldest sons joined the Marines and both of them went to Iraq. (I suspect most of my increase in ibs symptoms with that time) Having a child choose to join the religious life has been one area of mostly comfort, though. She's very happy with her life, so that's been wonderful for all of us.

Thank you so much for the welcome. I've been a lurker on these boards for the past year or so and I'm so happy to sign in with some good news.

Re: New here... new
      #314359 - 08/31/07 05:08 AM
Flipada

What a good looking family. You're very lucky. My daughter is only 3 mo. old and my husband is already thinking about another. I'm not sure if we're on the same page but oddly enough I keep thinking about it. With the age gap though, it would be like I had two little families. Tanner is almost 12, Logan 8 1/2, Serena 3 mo. and if we tried...it would be next summer. OMIGOSH...I can't believe I'm even considering! That would make me 40 when #4 came around! Eeek.

--------------------
**Lauren**

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 239 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8944

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review