All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
question for all- need feedback
      #313196 - 08/14/07 10:38 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

hey everyone!

As you may have read, I've been having some trouble with the humidity in my area. I brought it up to my Hubby that I'm getting tired of these summers & though it might be a HUGE change, maybe we could consider moving somewhere with less humidity. He didn't object, though he was shocked...
We agreed to do some research & then if we come up with something, maybe we could take a vacation there & see what it's like....

So, I was wondering what's the weather like in your area all year?
I'm lookin for low humidity & there needs to be some snow also for my hubby.
Appreciate any responses!!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: question for all- need feedback new
      #313208 - 08/14/07 02:28 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I live in the L.A. area which is too crowded, but if you can afford it (and who can these days) the San Diego area is beautiful and mild all year long. I'd move there in a heartbeat if we were looking to move.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#313211 - 08/14/07 03:13 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

San Diego! That would be my dream place..same temp all year round! We leave in Pennsylvania. Our summers are sometimes humid some days and some days not. It's very unpredictable. This summer the humidity has been pretty bearable. Some summers it's not. We do get snow and lately the last few years not too, too much of it. PA is kinda boring though if you are used to a city in California. All in all the East Coast can offer you a variety of seasons!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Southwest Wyoming - new
      #313213 - 08/14/07 03:22 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Temperatures during the warm months range from 45-50 degrees at night up to the 80's during the day. Winter temperatures range from the high 40's to minus 50 degrees chill factor. Here we are high, dry, and windy. We get less than 7 inches of rain during the year, and the average wind speed is 18 mph which blows the snow to Nebraska.

Sage brush grows well, horses run free, and city folks stay indoors. At 7000 feet you can be snowed on in May and June. If you like sun, wind, and stars, and being alone with your family, and riding 3 days on open range and seeing not one other person then sw Wyoming is the place to be.

Now saying all at that ... Salt Lake City, Jackson Hole, Steamboat are only 3 hours away once you get to the highway.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#313249 - 08/14/07 08:57 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Forget about New York. It's the concrete jungle and concrete really absorbs heat, as well as the buildings so Summers are tortorous! If it were legal to walk around with a machete, you would be able to slice into the humidity from hell to make yourself a pathway. Argh!

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#313250 - 08/14/07 11:04 PM
ColbySD

Reged: 06/09/03
Loc: San Diego, Ca

As a San Diegan I can attest to the mild tempertures....but this summer has been very humid. From August through October when the Santa Ana winds blow it get so dry you can barely breathe at times.

If you live near the beach or downtown most of the days are cool and cloudy.....but if you live inland like me, the sun shines most of the day....in the summer it's brutal, temps usually in the 90's-100's.

I grew up in Pa and am used to the humidity... when people say "it's a dry heat" here in San Diego, I dont really know the difference....heat is heat and it's hot!

Have you tried a dehumidifier in your home? That may be worth looking into. I had to get a humidifier when the humidity dropped below 15 here.

Good luck and I hope you find an answer

--------------------
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
--Bern Williams

#313271 - 08/15/07 08:44 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I live in Rockford, Illinois. We have all four seasons here. I'd say summer is the most unpredictable. It's been hot & humid this year, and very wet in the last week, too. However, it's not as hot & humid as I remember Virginia.

We definitely get snow in the winter. Amounts of course vary.

I live about 90 minutes west of Chicago and 90 minutes south of Madison, WI, so I'm close enough to more metropolitan areas than Rockford. The weather's not my favorite (favorite would be either Michigan or Wisconsin), but it's tolerable and doesn't wreak too much havoc on my IBS.

#313273 - 08/15/07 09:11 AM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I do NOT recommend Maryland if your looking for someplace not hot and humid. This summer has been extremely muggy and high temperatures. And wacky weather too -- a week ago it was 100 degrees, ridiculously humid, and tons of wind. It felt like hair dryers blowing in your face! However, I'm originally from New England, and I would recommend that over MD because its not nearly as hot or humid. Plus, there's tons of snow up there, particularly in New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine. Boy, do I miss winter sports sometimes Thank goodness for AC here because otherwise I'm sure my IBS would be completely unbearable!

Julie
IBS-D, GERD, lactose intolerant

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

#313282 - 08/15/07 11:22 AM
Shibby

Reged: 06/21/07
Loc: Clifton Park, NY

Hi. Well I live in Albany, NY. It's humid in the summer sometimes but it's not constant. The rest of the year- not so bad. We have all 4 seasons- Yaa!
We have snow in the winter (skiing not too far - Vt. 2 hrs.& 1-2 hrs. for NY mts.) It doesn't get too cold here either, below zero days are few & far between. The fall is beautiful. Just when you get tired of 1 season it's time for the next. If you have any questions let me know!

#313287 - 08/15/07 12:39 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I live in Grand Have (West) Michigan near Lake Michigan. We have all 4 seasons here. Winters are cold with snow and a little too long for my liking. Spring is usually cool and sometimes rainy. Summer is beautiful and not too hot although we did have a hot and humid summer this year...but then again, who didn't this year!? Summer is never long enough. Fall is cool and the trees are absolutely beautiful. I love it here but the economy isn't great in Michigan right now. The housing market sucks if you're trying to sell but if you're gonna buy, nows the time!! Hope that helps.

Where do you live?

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#313288 - 08/15/07 12:48 PM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

Ahhh, Rockford. I was born in Rochelle. Miss it there. I agree about Viriginia. It has been horrible this summer. I'm staying inside. I've also lived in Vegas and Arizona. No humidity but the heat is just horrible. Your best bet is somewhere way up North.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#314599 - 09/05/07 12:09 PM
Shelley Elaine

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Carson, Ia USA

You should consider central Washington! My mom and dad live there and the weather is wonderful most of the time! It gets hot in the summer, but with very low humidity. It snows in the winter, but doesn't get extremely below zero. It is sunny alot unlike Seattle. You are only a couple hours from Seattle and the Oregon coasts beaches. There is alot of hiking, fishing, camping available. I would love to live there! There are alot of beautiful orchards and lots of things to do.
We live in Southwest Iowa and it would not meet your qualifications!! It is hot and humid for several months of the summer. Be sure to let us know what you decided!

--------------------
IBS D

#314601 - 09/05/07 12:34 PM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

I live in one of the worst places for humidty and hot temps.. We are practacally living in the desert so I do not suggest Medicine Hat Alberta (canada) However.. My brother lives out in northern British Columbia (about 1.5 hours north of Prince George http://www.city.pg.bc.ca/) and it is gorgeous out there... Not too humid, lots of trees, mountains, four seasons, and summers there while they can get semi hot, it's not extremly hot and humid for weeks at a time...

Only thing you need to worry about is forest fires but the area he is in, there aren't any usually.. and if you are in the city, then you really don't usually have to worry at all..

#314620 - 09/05/07 06:56 PM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

I've noticed more problems w/my IBS when the humidity is high, mostly when it rains. I live in NC and our summers are always hot & humid, the highs this summer topped out in the low 100's. But it's been averaging in the mid-upper 90's the past couple weeks & not so humid, pretty comfortable now. My BF and I have been talking about moving to Nevada or Arizona, desert areas. We can handle the heat, but not the allergies & humidity!

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

#314623 - 09/05/07 07:39 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

Seattle, Washington. It rains here 9 months a year.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

#314651 - 09/06/07 11:18 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

New Jersey has four seasons. Spring and Fall are gorgeous and Winter is usually snowy but not brutal. A lot of our Summer is very nice but usually for about 2 months we suffer off and on from the three H's: hazy, hot, and humid.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 499 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4262

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review