All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Making Babies
      #313038 - 08/11/07 06:59 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Next month I am finally going to start trying to get pregnant, after two years of snivelling because I've been too sick to make the attempt. Just wondering if anyone else around here is also going to be trying any time soon??

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Making Babies new
      #313044 - 08/11/07 09:06 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi, Jen:

I know there have been a couple of ladies posting about wanting to try soon, and Mary had her IVF embryoes (sp?) transferred just the other day, so she's in "wait and see" mode. I'm currently six months along and expecting a girl in November.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Christine new
      #313067 - 08/12/07 12:01 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Omigosh...6 months? Already? Sure goes fast when you're not the one pregnant! How are you feeling? Are we gonna get a belly pic?

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#313078 - 08/12/07 04:14 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Nope! No more babies for me....however, if it's any consolation, I was my healthiest being pregnant. My IBS disappeared for 9 months each pregnancy so hopefully when you get preggers yours too will go away!
Good luck!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Christine new
      #313079 - 08/12/07 04:15 PM
LittleLisa

Yes, Yes,....more belly pics!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Actually... new
      #313091 - 08/12/07 09:11 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

we haven't been doing anything to PREVENT pregnancy...but since I'm still nursing and I haven't had my period yet (not since December 2005!!!), I'm not sure how likely it is. But after Mia turns 1 next month, I'm going to start actually trying, as much as I can. and have the energy to.

--------------------

Re:Ginger new
      #313095 - 08/13/07 04:49 AM
LittleLisa

Yikes! Two in diapers, two cribs?!?!??! You are very brave!!!! But as you say, while you still have the energy, why not. Horrible to say but then you have it over with if you were only planning on having two. I guess I started young enough and had both by the time I was 30. My boys are 3 1/2 years apart and I'd do that again if I were childbearing again...which I'm not

How old are you? If you don't mind me asking? I didn't recall you being very old

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#313110 - 08/13/07 10:03 AM
epa_ginger

Well, I feel old! I'm 30...I'll be 31 in October. I always thought I'd start having kids sooner, but it seems my age is pretty much the norm these days. I'm the first of my close friends but I have several in hot pursuit. And a few nearing 30 who aren't even married yet! So I guess the times have changed.
We know we want at least 2, and yeah...in that case, we'd get this tough part over. But I may want 3, and I want to be done having kids by 40, so this way we have our two and maybe a few years later if we want to, I can have a 3rd and not worry about being too old. I feel like I'm still in the baby mode and I'm worried if I wait too long I'll have a harder time going back, you know?

--------------------

#313112 - 08/13/07 10:11 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Well if I can jump in here I would like to say good luck to all that are trying, going to try and are pregnant. I am 32 and I think that Ginger you are right about the age of woman having babies these days. the 29-35 range is about average. I am pretty sure we are done. I have a boy and girl both healthy and i don't want to have to do blood thinner shots again for another pregnancy. I just have to get into the right mood to go tell hubby to get fixed! It's hard because although I am 90% sure we are done there is a small part of me that doesn't want to think we couldn't have kids again if we wanted too. So that is why I am waiting at least until Ava is 1 which will be Novemeber.

Old lady new
      #313134 - 08/13/07 02:57 PM
Flipada

Well, at 38, I guess I'm the old lady here with a 2 1/2 mo. old. My other two are almost 12 and 8 1/2. I want to be done now and count my blessings that we have another healthy baby and that we got a girl this time. And really...I don't know how we'd afford a 4th child but because this was my husband's first, he may have an itch to try for that boy to carry on the name. But then, we're talking REALLY old! Blah...

--------------------
**Lauren**

Re: Old lady new
      #313151 - 08/13/07 05:26 PM
LittleLisa

You aren't an old lady! I'm the old one at 40 and I can surely say that I had MUCH more energy in my early 30's than I do now and that if I had a baby now and 40, I'd be dead tired. You just run out of steam in your late 30's I think. Wouldn't you agree Flipada? Plus, you are on your second marriage right? So that's not uncommon to be a little older having kids at your age when you remarried and want a child with your new hubby I can tell you that my girlfriend remarried and she wanted a child with her new husband. She already had an 9 year old and ended up getting pregnant with TWINS PLUS she got pregnant at 39! I don't know how she isn't having a nervous break down. She quit work and is now staying home. I'll tell ya, I feel for her everytime I see those twins who will be 3 next month. Now could you imagine being your age with twins? No thank you! I feel so bad for her because at our age, yes the norm was to start having kids in our late 20's and she's suffering cause all her friends including myself have kids that are 13 and she can't do anything with us like go shopping, go away for the weekend or just watch a her son's baseball game because having two 3 year olds is exhausting for her. Granted that's double the exhaustion but I know if she even had just one baby at 39, she's still be exhausted. What's gonna happen after the next generation? ARe they gonna want to have 2 or 3 kids by 50????? Weird how things change though.

Ginger, I agree though, if you are in baby mode, keep going. I do have to say though that having my kids 3 1/2 years apart I did cherish just having one by himself for those 3 years. When you have two right after each other it just gets a little more hectic and you kinda lose that special time with the first one. Just my opinion though. Others might disagree.

Oh and Angela, we waited till our second one was about 1 too before hubby got a vasectomy. I did have the same attitude as you. We only ever really wanted two children and when we were blessed with two healthy boys, I looked at it as, yeah I could try for a girl but #1 I'm sure it would be another boy since hubby comes from 4 boys and #2 I didn't want to just try for another one to just try for the girl. I was happy with my boys

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Little Lisa new
      #313164 - 08/13/07 07:59 PM
Flipada

You're not an old lady. I just meant I was the old lady with a baby! Ya know what's funny? I have more energy now then I did then. BUT, I think that's because I have help this time around. I finally married a man that gets it. He is so great with the kids and the baby. He's up with her at night. He feeds her, diapers her, holds her, talks to her, takes her for walks...everything. Because of that, I'm not walking around like a zombie. I truly think that's the only reason I feel this way right now. And while I'm not looking forward to going back to school...this time it'll be part-time so that'll help as well.

My first two were 3 1/2 apart as well and I thought that was perfect. Plenty of time with the first and not both in diapers. I have friends that had them close together and were pooped. More power to them. I couldn't do it. My boys (even with the age difference) are pretty tight. I think everyone has their own ideal of perfect family. By the way, I have friends that have older kids and ones with younger ones so....I guess that's good.

--------------------
**Lauren**

Re: children new
      #313172 - 08/14/07 04:38 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Just thought I'd chime in here and tell all of you ladies that you are truly blessed to have the children you do. Not everyone gets to "plan" their family like that...exactly how far apart you want them, how many you want, etc. Don't get caught up on too old, too young, too far apart, etc. Be thankful for what you have.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Re: children new
      #313174 - 08/14/07 04:52 AM
LittleLisa

Mary, yes we are truely blessed to have the children that we have and yes sometimes it seems we are taking it for granted that we had our children when we wanted to and planned for them. I'm sorry if it made you feel like we are complaining but the topic of this conversation between Flipada, Epiginger and Angela was having children, spacing them out,all of which were giving advice just as people are giving you advice on fertility.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#313178 - 08/14/07 05:46 AM
epa_ginger

Oh, just about once a day I think to myself that I should wait until Mia is 2 to try and get pregnant again, just so we can enjoy our time together with her. And who knows---maybe it won't be as easy this time around and it will be a while before I do get pregnant. But with the way our life has changed having her, and with my age, and the fact that I think it's possible we'll have a third...I think sooner would be better. Like I'd rather have 2 close together, wait 3 or 4 years and then have another. Instead of one now, wait 2 years, another one, wait 2 years...does that make sense?? I know it will be hard, but I feel like I'm up to the challenge now, so I should go for it. I have a friend who just had a baby that isn't sleeping well, so it's really reminding me of all that a newborn entails, and it hasn't scared me off yet! Plus, Mia isn't in daycare---the babysitter comes to our house, and we don't really hang out with other kids and babies, maybe once every few months, so having a baby would sort of be for her too---she LOVES other kids, and the whole socializing thing would be good for her. When we're out shopping, when a little kid goes by, whether they are a baby or a 10 year old, she just lights up! I also get a lot of help from my parents...and they aren't getting any younger.

Incidentally, I am much closer to my brother who is 5 years younger, than my brother who is 1.5 years older. So the whole close-in-age thing doesn't always guarantee anything, I know that from experience.
After saying all this, I'm sure when the time comes that I do get pregnant again, I'll have a panic or two. But heck, I did the first time around too!

And you ladies aren't old!! I can totally see myself having another baby at 38, that's kind of why I'm having 2 close together, because I want that as a possibility. I'm scared of having kids after 40 because of the increase in problems. And the fact that I will probably be pooped!

On hard days though, I totally find myself looking forward to the days when my kids, however many I have, are old enough to entertain and feed themselves!

--------------------

#313199 - 08/14/07 11:05 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Nobody here is an old lady! We might feel it sometimes but 30's and 40's are the new 20's as far as I am concerned! And Mary I hope you do realize that we are all very grateful for our children. I am especially since I had 3 miscarriages and had to be on blood thinner shots with Ava. I have many friends and a sister-in-law right now that have had miscarriages or are doing in vitro. Children are a special gift and I know that all of us view it that way! I really hope things work out for you this month!

Speaking of being exhausted I thought i might tease all of you mommys out there and say that Hubby and I are leaving Thursday morning for Las Vegas without our kids!! We will be back on Sunday. All I can say is WHOPPEEEEEEE!! We really need some alone time. Although we need to be careful since I don't really think I want a Vegas baby on the way!! So I won't be online for a few days. I am not a gambler but plan on trying a little bit. Hopefully I hit is big!! LOL!

Old lady's belly pic over here new
      #313204 - 08/14/07 01:39 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi, girls:

I don't have too much time right now as we're leaving for a (trailer) camping trip first thing in the morning and I have yet to go shopping!

On this whole age thing, I just want to chime in that I'm 31 and pregnant with #1. This is also more or less the norm among my friends, though some did start in their late 20s. My thinking right now is that I want three, only because I grew up as one of four and cannot imagine having only one sibling. Unlike you, Ginger, I think I do want to try to space them somewhat evenly--but maybe I'll change my mind at some point. After all, baby #1 isn't even here yet. Maybe I'll decide that one is plenty. Ya never know.

Anyway, here is my belly pic taken last week. I've finally "popped" a bit:

If I don't "talk" to you all again today, I'll see you in a week!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: Old lady's belly pic over here new
      #313212 - 08/14/07 03:17 PM
LittleLisa

OMG you look great! HOnestly I thought you were showing us the same pic you showed us months ago! That's great that you are looking so good. Time will come though that it will be big and huge and heavy to carry but it's all worth it in the end!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

I have to second that! new
      #313230 - 08/14/07 05:47 PM
Flipada

You look fantastic! I'm still here moping around because I still have an extra 20-25 lbs. to lose. I'm not even sure what the heck I'm going to wear to work once school starts!

Really, you look great! How are you feeling?

--------------------
**Lauren**

Have a great trip! nt new
      #313231 - 08/14/07 05:48 PM
Flipada

--------------------
**Lauren**

Re: Brat new
      #313232 - 08/14/07 05:59 PM
LittleLisa

Lucky you! I've never been out of my home state without my kids! No one in our family would EVER offer to watch our kids that long. You are so lucky!!
I've never been to Vegas. It's quite a long plane trip from PA and I'm not a very good traveler but maybe, just maybe, if my family offered to watch our kids for a trip that just hubby and I could take, I might suck it up and fly for 5hrs!
Have a wonderful time!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Having a hard time finding prenatal vitamins new
      #313292 - 08/15/07 02:30 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hello girls me and my husband want to start trying as well my goal is to be pregant by christmas.....But I am having a hard time finding prenatal that will agree with me. Any suggestions would be appericated. Thanks and good luck to you all.
emmasmom
ibs-c

Re: Having a hard time finding prenatal vitamins new
      #313293 - 08/15/07 02:43 PM
Flipada

There's been a lot of discussion on this. You might do a search. I do remember though that several people here just do the Flintstones ones. Good luck!

--------------------
**Lauren**

#313298 - 08/15/07 04:20 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I'm going off BC this weekend, and will start trying in one month!! Yay! We can be TTC buds

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#313339 - 08/16/07 04:26 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Keep in mind that it can take up to 6 months for your cycle to get back on track after stopping bc. Or in my case, it doesn't get back on track at all :P

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

No more birth control pills! new
      #313810 - 08/23/07 04:52 PM
Lisa Marie

First week of being off the pill. UGH!! Now I remember why I stopped having periods two years ago! Hormones suck!!

I took my last BC pill on Saturday, and had AWFUL withdrawal cramps on Tuesday and Wednesday. Nothing would touch them. Today the cramps are mostly gone, I just have a migraine. Hopefully this will pass soon. My IBS has been surprisingly calm the last few days, which is great!! I was really worried I'd have a huge flareup.

Jen, are you still on the pill, or have you stopped?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

what do I do? new
      #313865 - 08/24/07 12:32 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I started taking calcuim but after about 2 weeks it started giving me heartburn so i quit. My doc suggested flintstones but they make me sick so she said take them at differant times well the pharmacey that i go to said don't take them both at the same time or you will get sick.I can't find anything else to take and don't know of anything else to take. I have vitimins in my cabinet thats from the hfs and they said take 6 times a day WOW! What do I do now? PLEASE will some just help me with a few suggestions thanks .
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas & lactose intolerant

Re: what do I do? new
      #313878 - 08/24/07 07:10 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Have you tried those calcium chews? Those had no effect on me. When I was pregnant I had terrible heartburn and reflux, even though I kept taking my Nexium. Some people don't think taking Nexium is a good idea, but my gastro doctor and I talked about it and decided it was absolutely crucial in my case to be able to carry a healthy pregnancy. I was lucky and didn't have too bad a time with the vitamins, but I took them with a big dinner. I took some I got at GNC that didn't have iron. If you can't manage the vitamins, I would say to eat a Luna Bar or something with a bunch of folic acid in it every day, and to make sure to get enough leafy green vegetables to get calcium and iron.

Good luck!

#314594 - 09/05/07 11:14 AM
Shelley Elaine

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Carson, Ia USA

We are trying to get pregnant, too! It was pretty easy with my other children, but we have been trying for several months now. I am older (39) and it is more difficult to get pregnant. We are considering adopting as a possibility,too. Has anyone adopted from the US? Overseas adoptions are too expensive for us! I am looking forward to hearing that you are all pregnant!

--------------------
IBS D

#314624 - 09/05/07 07:41 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

I am thinking about a baby every day. I think I'm going to start trying soon. I've been doing pretty good controlling my IBS+C. I just hope that baby gets enough vitamins and nutrition with my diet.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Re: No more birth control pills! new
      #314664 - 09/06/07 01:27 PM
Lisa Marie

Two and a half weeks, and counting. I've had daily migraines for over two weeks now. THIS SUCKS! I sure hope it doesn't take long to get pg....

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 244 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12896

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review