All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Michele?
      #312110 - 07/27/07 11:54 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I'm still wondering how the U of Mich appointment went...

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Bump for Michele - How are you doing? -nt- new
      #312260 - 07/30/07 11:39 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Update new
      #312372 - 08/01/07 10:17 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sorry it took me so long, been really busy at work and not feeling well.

The U of M was a joke. Long story short, the rheumatologist said he really didn't know what was wrong with me other than I am over weight. He did draw 22 vials of blood, all of which were for tests I have already had, he did take x-rays of my hands and feet but nothing else. Told me not to bother making a return visit and he would call my pain doctor if he found anything.

I left in tears, feeling more discouraged than ever. The guy spent like less than 10 minutes with me, didn't even check tender points for the fibro or to check how many swollen joints I have. My blood pressure was STILL high, it was down from the week before but was still at 158 over 110, he didn't even comment on that. He did listen to my chest but got angry when I told him I could not take a deeper breath because the inflammation in my chest we so tight.

I tried asking questions but he just keep saying he didn't know and that I need to lose weight. He did not refer me to the fibro clinic they have there or the pain clinic. Nothing. Nadda. Zip.

Its been a week now and I have not heard anything. I will give it 2 weeks and call as I want written copies of all my tests results. I have no idea what I am going to do at this point. I am still going to my pain clinic twice a week and have an appt with my old rheumy in a week or two but she has already said there isn't anything else she can do.

There is a person on my RA support board that lives relatively close and has a rheumy she likes, so I will probably call her doc after I get my results and see what they say.

Otherwise, I have just been utterly and totally exhausted. We had Wills bil's wedding two weekends ago and we had made arrangements to go out of town with another couple last weekend. I hurt and I am swollen and I am depressed. My house is a disaster but I just can not muster the energy or strength to clean it. Will is having some issues with some sort of back tax thing so money is a HUGE issue at the moment or I would hire someone to clean my house. Did I mention its my birthday and not even my mom has called.

Will is working all weekend so I will try to get done what I can and plan on resting as much as possible.

Sorry I haven't been around much, will try to get caught up today on some posts but my hands are really swollen so my replies will probably be short!

Love and hugs to everyone.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#312379 - 08/01/07 11:49 AM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

Hope you get some answers soon. How discourging it must be. Happy birthday!

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#312386 - 08/01/07 12:32 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I still haven't got that magic wand!! Darn it!!

But Happy Birthday Sweetie!!!

I hope the upcoming year brings you more answers!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#312394 - 08/01/07 01:29 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Oh, that is so NOT the news that I was hoping for! What an a$$! It's not like you're morbidly obsese and putting all that strain on your body! I'm so, so sorry, Michele. I can only imagine how disappointed you feel.

I know things are hard, but please do keep your chin up and keep looking for answers. They're out there! Maybe that other girl's rheumy is a good place to start.

Have a happy, happy birthday! I'm sure your mom will call and the day will improve! (((((Hugs)))))

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#312404 - 08/01/07 02:56 PM
tc2004

Reged: 05/26/04
Loc: Texas

Michelle,
I wanted to say Happy Happy Birthday to you.

Terry

#312412 - 08/01/07 05:05 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Oh, Michele, I'm so sorry to hear the U of M guy was such a dead loss. I'll keep my fingers crossed that once he sees your test results he'll either be more helpful or refer you to someone who will be. And, if not, maybe your friend's rheumy would be a good person to try.

I'll also keep my fingers crossed that Will gets his IRS problems straightened out - ugh! Don't stress over the house - take care of yourself first.

And try to have as happy a birthday as possible under the circumstances. Take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#312426 - 08/01/07 08:40 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Hi Michele
Its been a long long time since I wrote on these boards, but reading your post compelled me to ask if you've ever tried a super strength anti inflammatory diet (heavy in omega 3 fatty acids, restricted for omega 6 fatty acids, heavy in ginger/tumeric/garlic, low in animal proteins etc etc)...I don't mean to ask a stupid question and I'm sorry if you tried this ages ago, but I care and want to just throw it out there....
I'm sorry you're suffering so much :-(

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#312437 - 08/02/07 04:21 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

So sorry to hear this Michele. I would have thought U of M would have some great doctors. I guess not. I hope your tests show something that they know how to treat. Try to stay strong and take care of yourself. I know this is not a fun struggle, but it's worth it...you're worth it! I hope you ended up having a great birthday. And I hope Will can get his financial stuff figured out.

Have you heard anything about getting disability yet?

Stay strong. You're in my prayers.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 147 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13184

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review