All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Body changes....
      #311653 - 07/20/07 11:26 AM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

My gyno gave me the ok to stop taking the prozac since I've adjusted so well to the new BC. Of course stop taking it 2 days ago and I got break through bleeding, cramps and all today. First time in 3 months. UGHHHHH!!!

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Body changes.... new
      #311808 - 07/23/07 04:14 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I don't understand the connection between BC and prozac...?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#311823 - 07/23/07 06:49 PM
blackrvn5

She had me try the prozac because my PMS was so intense...horrible mood swings, cramps, etc. I guess prozac is the only one right now that has been approved for PDD. The BC is to stop the periods all together because of the problems I have. Honestly would love to get a hysterectomy at this point but she wants me to try this route first.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#311838 - 07/24/07 10:38 AM
lycosgirl

Reged: 03/24/06
Loc: Texas

I tried BC and it made my IBS worse. I'm hoping to get a hysterectomy, but my then the doctor is afraid of I will still have more IBS with the hormones. I have heard a hysterectomy will help my IBS. I'm really tired of the IBS and I can't find anything that is totally working for me. Thanks for any input.

hysterectomy new
      #311842 - 07/24/07 10:49 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I hear ya about the hysterectomy. I begged for one when I was 19, but no doc would do it. Now I'm 36 and I'm going to treat myself to one when I'm 40 as a bday present!! I stop my periods with depo because of my IBS (and endo, and cysts, and fibroid tumors). No periods means these things have disappeared for me.

Stopping my periods has been the single best thing I've done for my IBS, besides taking loperamide. 5-6 days of unbearable pain and D a month = 60 to 72 days a year I'm now free. Freeee!

~nelly~

#311861 - 07/24/07 01:59 PM
blackrvn5

I've heard it helping and making things worse. I'm thinking I'm already pumping my body full of hormones with the bc and without I'm a complete mess, so could it really be that much worse?

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
Emerson, August 31, 1837

Re: hysterectomy new
      #311863 - 07/24/07 02:00 PM
blackrvn5

I'm right there with you. 36 as well and goodness knows it has only gotten worse as the years have progressed. I like the idea of the b-day present. I just may have to keep that in mind if this doesn't work.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#311878 - 07/24/07 02:50 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

What about trying an IUD? That should not only cease your periods, but it prevents you from taking hormones orally.

I agree, not having a period is AWESOME!! I take my pills continuously too, though I'm going to be stopping them soon to try to get pg. I just can't wait to find out what it will be like to NOT be on BC for the first time in over ten years!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 257 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2146

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review