All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Job interview tomorrow
      #311507 - 07/18/07 12:52 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I have a job interview tomorrow and my belly's doing wild flip flops...! I can't tell if it's going to be a good job or not, but at least I'm meeting with a couple of people so maybe they're serious about hiring me. Wish me luck!

Now to find some thing to wear in 100 degree heat w/80% humidity... Gonna be a loooong day tomorrow!

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Job interview tomorrow new
      #311513 - 07/18/07 01:53 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Good luck, Nelly, with both the job interview and surviving that disgusting heat!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Good luck! (Been trying to post this 2 times but it wouldn't stick - let's hope it does this time.) -nt- new
      #311523 - 07/18/07 03:33 PM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

#311536 - 07/18/07 05:43 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Good luck, good luck, good luck!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Interview suit, non suffocating new
      #311541 - 07/18/07 06:34 PM
Nelly

I went to spend my last $200 on an interview suit at Chicos... DBF pitched in too. My bank account is now in the single digits. Yikes!

I've loaded up on the fibro and IBS meds tonihght. I want to stop all possible bowel movement until 6pm tomorrow (take that, stomach!) as I'll be on the Metro all day w/no access to bathrooms. Yikes again.

I have not worked in a year and a half. I NEEED this job. I don't want to get my hopes up. I'm so lucky I have you guys to talk to about this or else I'd be climbing my walls right now. I even took the dog for an impromptu hour's walk to try to Calm the Hell Down. BF thought I was losing it when he pulled up from work to find us outside in the heat...

He's been so good about supporting my sorry ass. I'm so miserable that my illness has held all of us hostage for the last year. My mother starts every conversation on the phone with "Do you need anything from me today??" It's wearing on my nerves... She's in a panic when I call.

I hope a positive move is just what I need to snap my life into order!

Love to you all-- I'm sorry for the ramble. I know you guys understand. I really wish I could get a lucky break in this direction.

~nelly~

Stuck and received! new
      #311544 - 07/18/07 06:38 PM
Nelly

Thank you so much for the well wishes! Cross your collective fingers for me at 1pm US EDT!!!!!!

~nelly~

Thank you, T!! new
      #311545 - 07/18/07 06:42 PM
Nelly

For all of us who need good jobs, want stability, want to be appreciated, crave lost autonomy and want to shine again, I brave the interview for all of us. If we all think really hard, maybe my pain will go aaway from 12 noon to 4pm, just in time to meet with everyone and make it home on the subway OK...

*holding breath!!*

~nelly~

Re: Oh Good luck Nelly!!! new
      #311551 - 07/18/07 07:05 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

It is supposed to be hot tomorrow. Just wear something navy blue or black and you'll be fine.

I'll say an extra prayer to whatever Saint(in the catholic religion)helps the unemployed. Yes there actually is one!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#311561 - 07/18/07 08:25 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Good luck! I'm sending you good thoughts and praying that all goes well tomorrow!

#311567 - 07/19/07 05:53 AM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Good luck today!! And I hear you about the heat -- I live in MD and the humidity is off the charts lately. Think cool thoughts and focus on the present and you'll do fine

Julie
IBS-D, GERD, lactose intolerant

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

#311570 - 07/19/07 06:49 AM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

Good Luck

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

Re: Interview suit, non suffocating new
      #311575 - 07/19/07 08:14 AM
Ulrika

Thinking of you sweetie! I really hope you get the break you want and need. This whole being dependent on other people thing isn't fun at all. And although life is a lot more than work having a job is such a confidence boost plus it's a big part of your identity whether you want it to be or not. I really hope everything goes just great!

Hugs,

Ulrika

SO - how did it go???? -nt- new
      #311600 - 07/19/07 03:22 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: Oh Good luck Nelly!!! new
      #311623 - 07/20/07 05:37 AM
Nelly

Saint Nelly! Or probably not...

UPDATE on the job interview new
      #311624 - 07/20/07 05:42 AM
Nelly

Bring on the weekend! I just went on a loooong job interview yday (3 hours), and wouldn't you know it? The skies opened up and started pouring as soon as I left (in my swish interview clothes, gaah!) so I ducked into a bar to get a seared mahi salad. (the IBS version, nothing that goes *crunch*)

But then the bartender just started bringing over one drink after another and doing them with me... And I had a fake old wedding ring on (Hey, if that adds $10K to my asking salary, I will pretend to GO THERE, sorry!) So I was plastered by the time I went back to the Metro... He only charged me for the salad, too. Niice.

I get the call soon if I got it. It's in Dupont Circle, no clue to what the title is. I have my cell not 6 inches away from me at all times in case it should ring... v excited. Hope, hope, hope it comes through. Then I can plunk a new sea kayak on the top of my new Pathfinder. And be in DC all the time again.

WISH ME LUCK!

Love to all!

~nelly~

Re: UPDATE on the job interview new
      #311636 - 07/20/07 07:35 AM
Ulrika

I hope you get it. I'm just impressed you get through these things successfully and that your IBS doesn't stop you from going after what you want.

Hugs,

Ulrika

Re: UPDATE on the job interview new
      #311650 - 07/20/07 10:20 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Good luck, Nelly!! Maybe you won't have to resort to selling your internal organs after all! Though if you do, I've still got dibs on that kidney.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Kidney, comin' right up! new
      #311662 - 07/20/07 12:40 PM
Nelly

This office is in the dingy part of Dupont, 2 blocks from the strip clubs (yes we have those in DC, within view of the Washington Monument!). But if they can meet my salary rate AND cough up health insurance (dare I dream?), I'm there!

Nice to have backups, though! One kidney, check. Care to go double on the bone marrow? I've got a bunch of that, too! Priced to go!!!!!

~nelly~

It went really well! new
      #311663 - 07/20/07 12:53 PM
Nelly

I paid the piper today when I forced something that looked strangely like a solid block of choc ice cream from my fiery bowels. I'm popping some Donnatal next time, cos the Imodium I took didn't quite do it for me.

Lousy mysterious alcho-shots, glass of wine and seared mahi tuna yesterday... I like to play pretend that I'm a powerful executive having a lavish, devil-may-care alcholunch when I'm in an interview suit, surrounded by the Big City and various other over-educated barflies with straight teeth moaning about Nietzsche. Had a nice high off of the interview and decided to celebrate/play pretend/do some damage at the same time.

Ah, blending with the common man. I can do it for, well, brief bursts, but today the day after, WOOF. I paid and paid and paid.

But I have to say, it's nice to pretend I'm not an IBS freak of nature every once and again while in nice public society, where my actual life would make everyone's collective heads whirl around and burst into flames.

I am considering installing a permanent epidural anesthesia line through my spinal cord. Urge to push? Sorry, don't know what that is...Please pass the margarhita mix...?

~nelly~

(P.S. No call from the job yet. I talked to my references, who are on high alert in case they get, well, referenced. )

THANKS to all who were thinking of me. Body parts, all around. Basement prices guaranteed. -N.

UPDATE: I JUST remembered new
      #311725 - 07/21/07 03:25 PM
Nelly

I just remembered to email in a thank-you note to my interviewers... D'OH! (!!!!!)

They'll see it came in on Saturday, but oh WELL. Better late than never.

I go from being way upbeat to crushingly low. I seem to be short cycling as a reaction to not knowing if I got this stupid position. Got to CLEAR my HEAD.

Going for a drive and listen to some loud music.

~nelly~

#311840 - 07/24/07 10:46 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Have you heard anything yet??????

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#311851 - 07/24/07 12:24 PM
Nelly

Nothing yet! My references keep emailing me, telling me they haven't heard anything yet. They're so upbeat and supportive I just want to bang my head against the wall.

I've gone from insanely happy to going up and down and now I've resigned myself to self pity and what ifs. BF keeps telling me, "You've done everything right." Arg, so nice to be able to turn on and off emotions like that. Wish I had a switch like that! Where can I get a switch like that??

~nelly~

#311889 - 07/24/07 05:01 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Nel,

I keep keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#311926 - 07/24/07 09:37 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I want a switch too!

Anyway, I'm a little late in wishing you luck for the interview, so I want to wish you luck in getting the job offer.

Thank you!!! new
      #312020 - 07/26/07 10:57 AM
Nelly

Thank you!! I appreciate the support!!! Just checked my email, no word yet.

~nelly~

#312021 - 07/26/07 11:01 AM
Nelly

Hey M!M! Thank you so much, I hope I get an offer too... I told my mother yday I was nervous and she's sooo toxic... She said I should call them an demand why I haven't received a call yet. Hm, think she's missing the point a little.

I think I need a counter offer from the boards to boost my mood a bit. If anyone sees this, make me a CEO or something. Or an heir to some throne or something. That's got to pay well!

~nelly~

#312218 - 07/29/07 07:53 PM
miss_spiked

Reged: 04/28/05
Loc: Currently in Melbourne, Australia

I think you should call or email - its shows that you are really keen about the job. Saying that I just emailed the people I had a interview with last week about a job and still waiting. Although have a gut feeling that I didn't get it. Sometime the gut knows best.

Good Luck!

--------------------
Its not wrong - just different!

Hrmph. Schomb interview. new
      #312249 - 07/30/07 10:00 AM
Nelly

You're right of course. I haven't worked up the nerve yet to email them, except for the thank you email I sent over a week ago. I actually jumped this morning to turn the ringer on my phone on, only to realize my ringer *was* on, and nobody'd called.

They seemed so ENTHUSIASTIC at the interview. Gah!!

I'm sending out more resumes today. No reason not to hedge my bets at this point!

~nelly~ (Gah!!)

UPDATE: I called them back today new
      #312322 - 07/31/07 10:55 AM
Nelly

I called HR today to see if they'd made a decision yet. The girl I talked to did my original interview and was happy to hear from me. She said, "Oh, I remember Nelly!"

She said they'd be making a decision next week and she's still waiting for feedback. That'll be 3 weeks since I interviewed! They must be seeing a ton of people... Arg.

I now remain cautiously optimistic. Again.

~nelly~

Re: UPDATE: I called them back today new
      #312331 - 07/31/07 01:30 PM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

Good news! Wish you luck.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

Thanks! new
      #312674 - 08/06/07 05:42 PM
Nelly

Thank you! No word today yet. I'm catching up on all my laundry and housework. I'm ready to return to the work scene!

Oh, I applied for another position today, ya know. Just in case.

~nelly~

Re: UPDATE: I JUST remembered new
      #341664 - 02/04/09 07:37 PM
gomez

Reged: 02/04/09

Bright career prospects are offered by the medicine/healthcare sectors in Houston for all those who are interested in the field of medicine. There has also been an growth in the number of allied activities that support the medical world.
--------------------
gomez

New Jobs

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1013 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10290

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review