All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Job interview tomorrow
      #311507 - 07/18/07 12:52 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I have a job interview tomorrow and my belly's doing wild flip flops...! I can't tell if it's going to be a good job or not, but at least I'm meeting with a couple of people so maybe they're serious about hiring me. Wish me luck!

Now to find some thing to wear in 100 degree heat w/80% humidity... Gonna be a loooong day tomorrow!

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Job interview tomorrow new
      #311513 - 07/18/07 01:53 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Good luck, Nelly, with both the job interview and surviving that disgusting heat!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Good luck! (Been trying to post this 2 times but it wouldn't stick - let's hope it does this time.) -nt- new
      #311523 - 07/18/07 03:33 PM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

#311536 - 07/18/07 05:43 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Good luck, good luck, good luck!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Interview suit, non suffocating new
      #311541 - 07/18/07 06:34 PM
Nelly

I went to spend my last $200 on an interview suit at Chicos... DBF pitched in too. My bank account is now in the single digits. Yikes!

I've loaded up on the fibro and IBS meds tonihght. I want to stop all possible bowel movement until 6pm tomorrow (take that, stomach!) as I'll be on the Metro all day w/no access to bathrooms. Yikes again.

I have not worked in a year and a half. I NEEED this job. I don't want to get my hopes up. I'm so lucky I have you guys to talk to about this or else I'd be climbing my walls right now. I even took the dog for an impromptu hour's walk to try to Calm the Hell Down. BF thought I was losing it when he pulled up from work to find us outside in the heat...

He's been so good about supporting my sorry ass. I'm so miserable that my illness has held all of us hostage for the last year. My mother starts every conversation on the phone with "Do you need anything from me today??" It's wearing on my nerves... She's in a panic when I call.

I hope a positive move is just what I need to snap my life into order!

Love to you all-- I'm sorry for the ramble. I know you guys understand. I really wish I could get a lucky break in this direction.

~nelly~

Stuck and received! new
      #311544 - 07/18/07 06:38 PM
Nelly

Thank you so much for the well wishes! Cross your collective fingers for me at 1pm US EDT!!!!!!

~nelly~

Thank you, T!! new
      #311545 - 07/18/07 06:42 PM
Nelly

For all of us who need good jobs, want stability, want to be appreciated, crave lost autonomy and want to shine again, I brave the interview for all of us. If we all think really hard, maybe my pain will go aaway from 12 noon to 4pm, just in time to meet with everyone and make it home on the subway OK...

*holding breath!!*

~nelly~

Re: Oh Good luck Nelly!!! new
      #311551 - 07/18/07 07:05 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

It is supposed to be hot tomorrow. Just wear something navy blue or black and you'll be fine.

I'll say an extra prayer to whatever Saint(in the catholic religion)helps the unemployed. Yes there actually is one!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#311561 - 07/18/07 08:25 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Good luck! I'm sending you good thoughts and praying that all goes well tomorrow!

#311567 - 07/19/07 05:53 AM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Good luck today!! And I hear you about the heat -- I live in MD and the humidity is off the charts lately. Think cool thoughts and focus on the present and you'll do fine

Julie
IBS-D, GERD, lactose intolerant

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 434 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10290

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review