All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
update
      #311487 - 07/18/07 11:24 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Wow, antidepressants feel weird in your system. i've not had some of the side effects I've heard of, but just more like someone turned my energy waaay down. It was good once I adjusted to the 37.5 dose but today I'm on double that, and good GOD i can't possibly need more than that cause wow, it's working,lol....
Anyhow, appointment with a psychiatrist tomorrow is my first of a year of therapy and I'm sooo excited and looking forward to it. healing truly begins here. And it's nobody's job but MINE.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: update new
      #311514 - 07/18/07 01:56 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Interesting. I found they gave me MORE energy, not less.

Good luck with the therapy! I hope you have a great experience with it.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#311537 - 07/18/07 05:46 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Good luck sweetie!!

Yes, certain ADs really throw you for a loop - I was put on remerol (sp?) after my eptopic - I was a zombie on half a dose. I stopped taking it on the advice of the walk-in dr. Hope you AD settles soon and you start feeling better, not more tired!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#311553 - 07/18/07 07:07 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I'm on a very low dose of AD for IBS control only but I know when I first started taking it I was really tired. You'll probably get used to it after a week or so.

Good luck with the session tomorrow. I remember when I was seeing a psychologist I looked forward to each session too. It got me closer to understanding my anxiety and got me wanting to get better all the more!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Yeah.... new
      #311557 - 07/18/07 07:31 PM
_Willow

I actually saw one for six sessions last summer. She was a Christain counsellor but honestly, all that did was make me look to God for the strength that I truly need to find INSIDE me....and it wans't quite enoug and it didn't totally work, but it was the highlight of my week. I'm excited.

Adn I had just come out of the DUH feeling of the initial dose when it was doubled today-the initial dose will be plenty methinks. Whuh...I feel dopey and dizzy...not very much a useful engine today. All I can say is thank God I'm a teacher and I don't have to work this summer.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#311558 - 07/18/07 07:33 PM
_Willow

It will settle down. I did start to feel really good but the "practice dose" was upped to the regular dose. i will need only a very tiny bit, because I'm not suicidal or agoraphobic or ANYTHING like that. Perfectly functional in society, but my brain was just TOO NOISY!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#311559 - 07/18/07 07:39 PM
_Willow

Hey Christine. I think they will give me more energy. god, I know I'm staying up till 3 AM so there's SOMETHING happening, lol....hopefully my circadian rhythms don't get too messed up-I need to be in fine form for September when those eager little fourth graders come my way....

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Yahoo! new
      #311613 - 07/19/07 07:26 PM
_Willow

I got the OK by the shrink to not be on the meds. Phew thank goodness.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 83 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3668

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review