All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question for those who are/have been on an AD
      #311448 - 07/18/07 05:57 AM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I was doing fairly well with the diet and my meds, but then Friday the 13th struck, and for some reason I completely forgot to take my medication that night, including my Lexapro which I have been on for over a month now. I didn't double up on the dose the next day, but just took the following dose as usual. Since then, however, I have been having loose bowels every morning. I was wondering if just skipping that one dose might be causing this? I know it was only one, but the way my body is acting is similar to when I first started taking the Lexapro and had the usual side effects that last for 1-2 weeks but then subsided. Any thoughts? I've been following the diet stricting and haven't really changed anything else, so I feel like this could be the only culprit (or stress, which is the never ending enigma )

Julie
IBS-D, GERD, lactose intolerant

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question for those who are/have been on an AD new
      #311473 - 07/18/07 09:39 AM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Hello, First thing I can say is to "stay calm". I would take the AD as usual and try and not give to much thought to the bowel change. I find personally that stress and anxiety are my main culprit and if I start worrying about my change in bowel too much then it actually adds to the cycle. I try and put into place things that help me to destress physcially and mentally and then carry on with the IBS diet and medication. You of course have to do what is right for you but this is the path I try and take. I know it is easier said then done - I have just spent the last four days battling a relapse and yes it can send me into an emotional crisis. Thinking of you, Debbie IBS-bloating, pain, spasms

#311489 - 07/18/07 11:29 AM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

Skipping the dose could be the culprit. I have found when I skipped doses of my Effexor I had some looser stools when I took my next dose. But, with IBS, sometimes you just have to resign yourself to the fact that you may never know sometimes what causes GI upset.

Just keep taking your meds and try not to fixate too much on your tummy. Easier said than done, I know! But, stressing over it is not going to make it better. If you need some added security, try some Immodium to prevent more loose stools and eat very safe until you stabilize.

#311554 - 07/18/07 07:11 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Are you ovulating or ready to get your period soon? That always throws me for a loop when I get D. I have to count my days on the calendar and then I realize "oh I'm ovulating or close to getting my period".

I'm only on 20mg of Elavil every night and twice I skipped it because I got home too late and didn't want the tiredness to go into the morning for work and neither time did it throw my body out of whack. Maybe it's just coincidental with you.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 745 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1061

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review