All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Why is being a mommy so hard sometimes?
      #311199 - 07/14/07 03:02 PM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

So I just dropped off my 2 girls at the airport with my dad. They are leaving for Florida for 2 weeks to spend time with the grandparents. They do this every summer and for some reason it gets tougher and tougher every year. I don't know if it's because I know there isn't much time left before they won't want to hang out with mom like they do or what. Of course my oldest takes after me....stressed out all day (and wouldn't admit it) and by the time we got to the airport she was doubled over in pain. It made it that much harder to watch them leave. I kept going over relaxation techniques with her. My dad just called and said she's smiling again, but I worry. I guess it's all part of being mommy.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Why is being a mommy so hard sometimes? new
      #311246 - 07/15/07 12:38 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

How old are your children?

I feel your pain and worry in one respect but coming from a mom who's parent's or inlaws NEVER take our kids for more than one day it's hard to imagine what it would be like for my kids to be gone two weeks! I'd imagine I'd miss them but honestly it almost seems like I might enjoy a two week vacation from them I probably wouldn't worry if they were going with my parents. I know they'd be taken care of so in that respect you don't have to worry. But as far as your daughter being in pain from worry about the trip, that definitly would upset me. But as your dad said, she's fine now so you can at least be at ease. Do they fly alone?

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#311253 - 07/15/07 04:14 PM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

My girls are 9 and 11. It's so hard to believe they are that old already. Time goes so fast. No they don't fly alone. I'm nervous enough about them flying, couldn't imagine them doing it alone yet. I probably would welcome the 2 week vacation but they are gone every other weekend already when they go to their dad's. So I love any amount of time I have with them. It's funny. My oldest has called me 3 times already. She's been shopping online and keeps calling to tell me about the clothes she's picking out. Something new for her...she's a tomboy. You have 2 kids, right?

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#311261 - 07/15/07 06:13 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Oh I didn't realize that they go to their dad's every other weekend. That does make a big difference! I have a very good friend who is divorced and he has his kids for a week then she has them the next. So he has them two weeks of the month and she has the other. He is the same way you are. He cherish's every moment with them since he doesn't see them every day of the month like married folks. However, it's funny cause he complains sometimes how he's constantly running them here and there and how he needs a break from the running and I remind him all the time, "hello.......you have two weeks without them a month! That is your "break". I have no breaks. We run all month long without breaks. Have our kids 24/7. It's just always been a pet peeve with me and my parent's. They shipped my sister and I off to Philadelphia A LOT of the weekends and they did whatever...now when I ask my mom/dad to watch our kids for a weekend(which mind you has NEVER happened)they act like we are putting them out and it's so much of an big deal to watch them. NEVER would they come here and stay with them during school time so my hubby and I could take a mini vacation in the winter or something. I just think how could they make their parents watch us but yet they can't now watch their grandchildren. We LOVED being with our grandmother and unfortunately my kids won't ever have that feeling cause they are hardly there overnight! Double standard...but whatever....I've vowed to NEVER be like that when my kids have kids

Yes, my boys are 9 and almost 13. I have an aunt who actually watched my boys several times overnight when they were real little so we at least had some alone time. NOt much, but some. We've just gotten used to this life and really don't know much different. I now kinda look at it and they are growing so fast like you said and we need to cherish these moments being with them because they will be going to college before we know it and then getting married and we all know that boys migrate to the wives house and family so I will probably never see my boys once they get married You at least have girls

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 607 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1109

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review