All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Diagnosed with anxiety and reactive depression
      #311089 - 07/12/07 07:14 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

and I bet that's why the IBS is acting up again! I'm on effexor. Honestly, who'd have guesssed that when my husband left me for a 17 year old, got her pregnant and had a baby he named the name I chose if our daughter was a girl, moving twice and changing jobs five times...in a year....would bother me?

LOL I'm still standing, baby.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Diagnosed with anxiety and reactive depression new
      #311096 - 07/13/07 04:45 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

It is a wonder you are still standing - but it only shows how strong you are! Sorry to hear about the diagnosis, but you're strong!! You'll be alright - take care of you and that darling daughter!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#311135 - 07/13/07 12:25 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Ya know.....we should all have your attitude It certainly helps to know why you have anxiety and with all that you've been through, it's no wonder like you said I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety about 19 years ago and I'll tell ya if I didn't have that diagnosis I'd sometimes wonder what was wrong with me Having the classification of having anxiety helps me to understand myself better. So it's certainly not a bad thing that you have anxiety and reactive depression(I'm assuming that means you only have the depression when something bad is happening in your life?) Heck we all have some form of anxiety and depression
Keep staying strong girl! It will help you in the end!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#311176 - 07/14/07 11:48 AM
_Willow

I'm guessing the depression will be short lived, but I'm assuming the anxietry is with me forever. i've had it since I was about nine, if I look back. My sister and I were talking about "bubble vision" where you feel zapped out of your body and are seeing everything ans really bright...

Lucky for me I am pretty sure my anxiety is totally connected to fear of abandonment,(so maybe it's social anxiety in only relationship situations..) so maybe I can actually work on it a bit....

Anyhow, to me this is a huge breakthrough and I'm excited about it. lucky me having self awareness.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#311177 - 07/14/07 11:49 AM
_Willow

Grr, I know. Check out my muscles.....

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Are we twins???? new
      #311182 - 07/14/07 01:55 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Both husbands left.... and I have OCD (anxietydisorder) and bipolar (mostly depression.) E-mail me anytime. yoda7219@hotmail.com

I'm here for you anytime, babe. Keep it tough! You're wonder woman to me! Remember, the greatness of a warrior depends not only on their strength, but simply by staying the path. Don't let anything stop you girl!!!!!

Effexor is a great med. Tough out any side effects you have in the beginning, if you can. My IBS totally disappeared when I was on it.

Love and smooches, A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#311195 - 07/14/07 02:34 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Well, thank goodness you got a diagnosis! That's a lot to happen to a person IN A YEAR! I hope you're feeling better soon. You're a strong woman and a great example.

Re: Are we twins???? new
      #311200 - 07/14/07 03:08 PM
_Willow

Thank you, Yoda! I'm going to use the Force! LOL!
i have the O of the OCD down pat, to be honest. Just not the C.Thank G.O.D!
Yep, when my last relationship sorta upturned on me I was just a mess and thought, now's time to get help. I'd had anxiety attacks but never thoutght i had the disorder per se...but I know when I'm ramping up to one etc so maybe I'll be able to control them. I can talk myself THROUGH one at least, which is good.
I'll email you.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#311201 - 07/14/07 03:15 PM
_Willow

Thank you. i appreciate it. I haven't had a tear over this yet....which is weird. I think I'm pretty numb, but breaking up with Chris, I cried like he'd died. We only dated 4 months, but I think I found something healthy for once and it ended. It might work out yet...he did this for us to gt healthier....so wish me luck. LOL I fall in love so easily.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#311206 - 07/14/07 04:36 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Glad to hear you got a diagnosis. Hopefully that'll put you on the path to feeling better. One way to look at this all is that really if you think about it, the worst has GOT to be out of the way! Wishing you the best.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#311219 - 07/14/07 11:41 PM
_Willow

You are absolutely right- the worst IS over. i DID hit my rock bottom and it wasn't as bad as I thought it could be, so that's good, right? I mean, work is looking UP, my finances are looking UP, relationships are looking UP and my friendship situation is better than ever. it's like finally I had the chance to deal with the reality of ME, with everyone else aside. Me? serisouly? I'm suppposed to take care of ME? Oh crap.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 290 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4533

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review