All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Can someone please advise me???
      #310740 - 07/09/07 04:04 AM
Monicalee

Reged: 07/09/07

Hi there. I am 30 years old and I think I suffer from ibs. My dr told me the only way I can be diagnosed is by having a colonoscopy to rule out other things that mimic IBS. I am thinking of seeking a naturapath dr though instead as recommended by a friend.
So yesterday I went to a diner and had a veggie burger with mozzarella cheese(cheese in moderation doesnt upset my tummy) instead of french fries I had a green salad with a little bit of italian dressing. Well I think the dressing did it because 30 min after the meal I was in excrutiating pain! I felt as though I couldnt sit because I had a pins and needles fireworks sensation going on throughout my body. I had to pi but it wasnt flowing easily and with a lot of pain also. About an hour afterwards I had a bm but it was normal although I had gone several times it wasnt like diarehha. Shortly afterwards I had some flaxseed oil and some oatmeal, I felt better later in the day.
I am not certain on what foods I can and cannot consume.
Thanks in advance!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Can someone please advise me??? new
      #310751 - 07/09/07 07:14 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Welcome to the boards. You should read through all of Heather's advice first. She lists foods you can and can't have. I think what you ate would be horrible for most people with IBS just starting out trying to get stable. Some veggie burgers have dairy (a trigger). And some have soy (which bothers some people). Cheese is a no-no. And a salad is insoluble fiber which can be very difficult to tolerate at first. Also, at a diner the burger could be cooked in a lot of grease/oil. Anything high in fat can be a trigger.

I would read through all of Heather's info and look at the Eating for IBS board. Also you MUST have all the necessary tests run to get an IBS diagnosis. You should have the colonoscopy and get a diagnosis from a GI.

Good luck.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Re: Can someone please advise me??? new
      #310803 - 07/09/07 04:18 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

You need to get all tests done including a colonoscopy. Dairy is also a trigger and should be avoided.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 363 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 602

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review