All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New to this.
      #310698 - 07/07/07 08:04 PM
Andrea007

Reged: 07/07/07
Loc: California,Orange

I just found out in April that I have IBS. I'm 28 and have only had tummy aches before this. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I have bought both of Heathers books and have found some comfort in them. I have not seen any changes in fact I'm getting worse. I know it takes time. Right now I'm just feeling lost,scared,alone and like an invalid. I can't leave my house for more then an hour without haveing a problem and thats when I can leave. I feel so helpless. And, it seems like people get mad and think I'm not ill or just don't understand or try to. I've been trying to do everything thats been told to me. Guess I just needed to vent or something.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New to this. new
      #310703 - 07/08/07 03:25 AM
Natalia82

Reged: 03/22/07
Loc: Holland

Hi, welcome! We will try to help you find the problem.

How long have you been on heathers diet? Did you start with just SF and then slowly brought IF in there? Do you exercise a bit (even around the house is ok to start with )

There is more about the diet itself on the Eating for IBS forum.

#310709 - 07/08/07 06:00 AM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

Hi there!

We are many here who recognize your frustration. You can be sure we will all do our best to help you get better. You are most definitely not alone. A lot of people still think IBS is "not a real condition", "only in your head" et.c., but by now there is plenty of proof that this is in fact a physical condition. Another thing that can make people less empathetic is that maybe as many as 20% of the population has IBS of some degree. But most people only have a mild form, getting a bit of a stomach ache or mild bloating or getting an attack of C or D maybe a couple of times a year. That can make people think things like "so you have IBS, but I have that too and I don't let it effect me".

But you don't have to worry about that here. We all know just how disabling this condition can be. So anything you want to ask just go ahead and we're many here who will try to help you.

/Ulrika, IBS-D

#310714 - 07/08/07 01:06 PM
CMBickel

Reged: 04/25/03
Loc: Sandy, UT

Welcome Andrea! You've taken the first step in controlling your IBS by getting both of Heathers books. It does take quite a while to become accustomed to the changes that have to take place in your body and I think the most important one is "know your triggers!" We all who have IBS-A (alternate diarrhea/constipation), -C (constipation) or -D (diarrhea) have had down days - feeling so depressed, don't know which way to turn and misunderstood. I am 75 yrs. old, have had IBS-D for 14 yrs. and I don't know what I would have done without the help of Heather, she truly is an angel! Help is here in the forum for you. Take care...CMB (IBS-D)

Re: Don't worry... new
      #310716 - 07/08/07 03:45 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

WE all say that unless you have IBS you can't understand. It's very hard for someone else to understand what we go through. It takes time for everyone surrounded by you to know what you are going through and that it's not all in your head. More and more articles are out there about IBS and more and more people come up to me and tell me "Hey I read something on IBS the other day". It helps them to understand what people with IBS and I go through from day to day.

As far as leaving the house, you just have to get into a frame of mind that you will be fine until you get to your destination (which usually has a bathroom) I can't tell you how many times I've gone grocery shopping(which is litteraly only 2 miles from my house)and have started shopping and had to use the bathroom. I thank God they have them or else, yes, I probably too would be afraid to leave my house to grocery shop. Try to use this technique every time you leave the house. (Long trips take a little more talking onself into )but you can do it.

Keep reading Heather's book on how to eat and manage this disease and you will become stable someday like some a lot of us.

Good luck and hang in there!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Don't worry... new
      #310723 - 07/08/07 06:58 PM
Andrea007

Thank you so much for your help. I guess just takeing small steps is what will be what I have to do for now and I need to be ok with that. Thank you for the support!!!

#310724 - 07/08/07 07:00 PM
Andrea007

Thank you for takeing time to write to me and let me know that someone or two is listening and that I'm not alone. It means the world to me right now.

#310725 - 07/08/07 07:01 PM
Andrea007

It's such a releaf to know that I can come here and have nice people to talk to that understand. Thank you for your words of hope and care.

#310726 - 07/08/07 07:04 PM
Andrea007

I have started with the SF but, have not moved to bring in anything else yet because I'm not stable on the SF's just yet. I really don't know what I'd do without the books and such careing understanding people to talk to. Thank you!

#310789 - 07/09/07 02:49 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I understand everything your going through! Just rember your not alone!Hang in there! good luck!
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas gas

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 97 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1908

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review