All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Effexor weaning update new
      #311641 - 07/20/07 09:34 AM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

Thanks Ulrika! That's very kind of you! I am a lawyer now, have been practicing law since November. It's a lot of stress which doesn't help the IBS! But, I am learning to cope better with stress.

I hope I will stabilize off the meds, too. I can't stand the Effexor and just want to be off it! Talk to you soon!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Effexor weaning update new
      #311648 - 07/20/07 10:17 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I can't tell you how much better (and more stable) I am since getting off the Effexor!! I mean, it helped tremendously with my depression issues, but sucked for my IBS.

Good luck! I suspect everything will go fine until you take that last dose of Effexor, no matter how small......

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Effexor = ew new
      #311655 - 07/20/07 11:51 AM
AmandaM

Thanks for the encouragement!

After your last dose, how long before all the brain zaps, mental fog and overall sense of malaise disappear?

I am being taken off it currently. new
      #311672 - 07/20/07 02:38 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

They decided after nine days i don't need it, which is awesome. I kinda knew that though.
Anyhow, it's not THAt bad, just like, heavy head feeling today. but I haven't been on it long. I'm back to 37.5.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Effexor = ew new
      #311805 - 07/23/07 04:04 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

ten days!! but that also includes a few days at the end of wellbutrin withdrawal. it was a fun time.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

I feel after taking it and being off it a day new
      #311905 - 07/24/07 06:46 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

that i was NOT meant to be on ADs because i have never in my life been so tired.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Ten days???!! new
      #311966 - 07/25/07 12:57 PM
AmandaM

Oh man! At least I have told my boss about my situation and when the time comes, if I have to work from home cuz I'm going batty, he'll probably be sympathetic.

Overall, my energy level has spiked back up since reducing my dose, my libido is returning, I have dropped about 5 pounds and I feel more even keel. However, my IBS is still not as stable as I was prior to weaning. I notice when I take the Effexor, it often causes a loose BM shortly thereafter even when I take it with meals.

I know certain ADs are good for D and others for C. I wonder if Effexor is better suited for C? Or I am just unstable b/c of the medication leaving my system?

Ack! I don't know! I upped my calcium dosage and am drinking herbal teas and Teecino. I am hanging in there!

Re: Ten days???!! new
      #311971 - 07/25/07 02:07 PM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

I thought SSRI drugs in general were more suitable for C:ers and the older tricyclic type better for D:ers.

/Ulrika, IBS-D

#312025 - 07/26/07 11:32 AM
AmandaM

I did some quick and dirty searches on it and I think that's a pretty accurate statement from what I can find on medical websites. I was put on Effexor primarily for anxiety, not for IBS, so my doctor probably didn't think of the IBS consequences...probably doesn't know of them either, come to think of it. Most doctors don't know all the stuff we come to learn about our bodies!

#312033 - 07/26/07 12:09 PM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

Sometimes I am amazed how doctors can be doctors given that it seems 90% of what I ask them I know more about than them. Sad but true...

What type of lawyer are you? Do you do court work too? How is your IBS in general, I mean when you're not going through what you're going through now? How often would you get "attacks"? Is you IBS mainly anxiety/stress or diet related? I just think it's so cool that you can have a stressful job in spite of the IBS. That gives me energy and more courage to continue to do my work and get my PhD.

Hugs!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 265 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7593

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review