All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Baby constipation
      #309581 - 06/22/07 06:21 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Poor Serena....just like her mom. I called doc the other day because she hadn't pooped in a day and 1/2. They told me to give her an infant suppository. Well..she finally pooped. But now she's gone another two days without (she's only 3 weeks old today)so we're going to the doctor. I feel so bad. She's got gas. Just no poop. Like mother, like daughter, I guess. Poor baby.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Baby constipation new
      #309584 - 06/22/07 06:26 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I thought breastfed babies could go up to eight days without pooing and it wasn't an issue?

#309586 - 06/22/07 07:08 AM
Flipada

Really? 8 days? I thought that because breastmilk was so digestible that it was in and out. That's the way it was for at least the first 2 weeks. I was wondering if it might be the formula that I'm supplementing with. I called doc because I was wondering and they wanted to see her. Hmmm....well...I go in 1/2 hour. I'll let you know what they say. But thanks for the info. It certainly makes me feel a little better! She doesn't seem to be in pain at all.

--------------------
**Lauren**

#309589 - 06/22/07 08:30 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Good luck! I'm curious what the doctor will say, as I've heard both: that formula can be constipating and that babies can easily go a week without pooping.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Good news new
      #309590 - 06/22/07 09:26 AM
Flipada

Good news. Doc said not to worry. She said that with breastfed babies (even though I'm supplementing with some formula) because it's so easily digested and absorbed that they can go up to a week without pooping. She said to concern myself less with how often she goes and more with how uncomfortable she may be. So...if she goes a couple days without and she's super fussy, we may need to use a suppository.

BTW, she pooped a ton about an hour after we got back from the doctor's. Murphy's Law, I guess!

--------------------
**Lauren**

#309595 - 06/22/07 10:40 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

That's good! Ava did the same thing too me. I was so used to Noah who pooped every time he ate and seems to still do it! He's like his daddy! I am so jealous! LOL! Anyways she had a few days where she wouldn't poop and especially when we switched to formula. However she was super gassy and uncomfortable on my breastmilk. I never consumed dairy and had barely any soy so go figure? As long as she seems happy I wouldn't worry about it either. I remember taking Ava in and she pooped big time in the doctor's office. I guess we are all a little obsessed with the pooping things since it's such a big part of our lives!!

Yay! new
      #309633 - 06/22/07 07:26 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Glad it was no big deal! Yeah, the side effect of that storing it up thing is the GIANT LAKE OF POO that we would get once a week. Oh my lord.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1006 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1123

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review