All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Sorry, haven't been posting much
      #309521 - 06/21/07 10:59 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

but I do read most everything and enjoy all the pictures!! I just have been struggling. I saw the pain doctor last week. She told me basically this is your life, get used to it, deal with it. She is getting me a handicap sticker for my car and wants me to get a scooter and keeps pushing for me to try for disability.

She upped my pain meds and we are trying a few new things but its mostly to make me more comfortable. They just don't know what else to do. I do have an appt with the rheumy department at the University of Michigan the end of July.

I also did go back on the lexapro. I was trying cymbalta but it literally made me suicidal, it was really very scary. The lexapro has taken the edge of my depression. Right now, I am just trying to manage to get through each day.

My hands are really bad so I can't type too much but just wanted to poke my head in and wave!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sorry, haven't been posting much new
      #309523 - 06/21/07 11:36 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

So sorry to hear this Michele. I can't imagine how it must feel to be in so much pain and have every Dr. say they can't help you. I hope UofM can help. Something has to work! Just don't give up!! Hopefully you can get that disability and get some relief from some work. I'm praying for you.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#309528 - 06/21/07 01:47 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I'm sorry to hear that your doctor is just telling you to deal with it. I guess that's what you have to do, but it's still something that's disheartening and depressing to hear! I hope the lexapro helps in some way. I didn't know you were trying cymbalta, but your experience with it sounds terrifying!

Do you have a support group of some kind near where you live? Friends to stop by and help out or something? Anyone or anything to help get through those bad days?

Well, I'm glad you checked in today - I hadn't realized you were struggling so much (still!).

Big, gentle hugs.

#309532 - 06/21/07 01:53 PM
michele

Well, I have my boys, a little shih tzu and a shih poo, don't think I could get through the day without them!! I really only have one local girlfriend left and she lives about 45 minutes away but we get together about once a month and talk every couple of days on the phone or via email.

Yes, the cymbalta turned into a nightmare for me. Looking back, its a wonder I made it through without hurting myself. Scary stuff.

I guess the visit at the dr's just really made me face up to this being a lifetime illness. Up until now, I had some hope that it would magically go away and I would have my life back. I think though the sooner I come to terms with it, the better off will be.

Thanks for the hugs

--------------------

#309534 - 06/21/07 01:56 PM
michele

Thanks Mary. The everyday pain wears you down, both mentally and physically. I think the doctors are realizing that more than ever and thats why they are doing what they can to make me more comfortable. I really wish I could stop working but at my age, 36, it would be a very long battle for disability, even in my condition and we would end up losing the house and not being able to afford our health insurance. Will has been looking to supplement his income from his business but the economy is so bad right now here in Mi.

--------------------

Re: Awww Michelle..... new
      #309544 - 06/21/07 04:56 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I truly hope that things start looking up for you real soon.

You are entirely too young for a scooter Nothing like making you feel worse telling you that they think you should invest in a scooter. For heaven's sake!!! Now the handicap sticker isn't that bad of an idea

I really hope the University of Michigan has some answers for you. How much longer can you suffer???? Hang in there and take care. I'm glad you switched meds! Whewww that must have been scary!!!

BIG HUGE HUGS FOR YOU!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#309546 - 06/21/07 05:18 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi, Michele:

I've been wondering about where you've been. I'm sorry that you're still in so much pain. Chronic illness or not, I do hope that you are able to go into a remission to provide you with some relief.

I'm sending lots of big, gentle hugs your way. I hope the Lexapro has you feeling better.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#309547 - 06/21/07 05:32 PM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

Michele,

I'm not around much in the summer, but I saw this post and just had to tell you that I'm glad you gave an update. I'm so sorry the news has not been good. I think of you often and I'm always hoping there will be some kind of breakthrough and they will find out exactly what it is and what to do. I wish so much that things would get better for you. I probably can't really fathom what you go through, but just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and I was glad to hear some news from you.

Laura

#309553 - 06/21/07 06:34 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Dearest Michele,

I'm still wishing for that magic wand... Darn Tinkerbelle wouldn't give me hers when I was in Disneyworld. As I sit here thinking about you, I want you to know I'm very proud of you. You go through more than anyone I know, yet you are still fighting. You're fighting for answers, to get better, to keep your mobility and sanity. Your strength truly does inspire me when I think I'm having a tough day. (Like today! My neck is out again, but I dragged myself through 9 hrs at work).

I'm really sorry the cymbalta made you feel suicidal. VERY SCARY. I was on anti-ds and they made me have panic attacks - this was back when I was in my late teens, now they know not to give them to teens - too late for me! I sure hope the lexapro continues to help you.

Are you having any relief with the alternative therapy? The acupuncture and vitamin treatment. Although I worry about the vitamin one after your last reaction! I keep thinking of options and looking them up, but haven't found anything more to help you, I'm sorry.

Sending you gentle hugs, lots of love and support, always.

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#309555 - 06/21/07 06:37 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I'm really sorry to hear this. Just telling you to "get used to it" isn't terribly sympathetic or helpful. But it sounds a lot like a typical doctor to me. I am glad you are getting through each day... and I wish for you days without pain soon. If not, I wish you find ways to make the pain easier...

I imagine this must feel terribly frustrating. Especially since you are such a good person who doesn't deserve this at all.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 454 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8044

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review