All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
IVF round 1!!
      #309412 - 06/20/07 04:45 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

So, here we go! I had my baseline u/s yesterday. The Dr. says everything looks good. The bc sufficiently suppressed everything. I start the stims on Friday. And my next u/s and b/w appt. is Wed. Hopefully I will respond well to the drugs and produce lots of good eggs. Egg retrieval and transfer should be the first week of July. I just can't believe it's finally here. I could be pg in a few weeks! Say a prayer for me.

Michele, I know you don't post much lately, but I was wondering if your med doses were anything like mine? I am taking 50iu follistim and 75iu menopur on Friday. Then 100iu follistim and 75iu menopur Sat. - Tues. The Dr. will adjust if need be on Wed.

I'm nervous about giving myself shots. But it's worth it. I'm sure after the first one it'll be a piece of cake. But DH will have to help me on the first night

Good luck to anyone else ttc right now.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IVF round 1!! new
      #309444 - 06/20/07 01:54 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Wow! That is very exciting!

I wish you luck, success, and only a brief journey ahead! I hope your side effects are minimal, too!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Good luck. nt new
      #309450 - 06/20/07 02:04 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#309520 - 06/21/07 10:53 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

My dose was about the same but I am not sure what the menopur is? Not worry about the shots, they are pretty easy, its more the thinking about it before hand! Don't over think it, just do it!!!

Good luck, will check in for updates!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

best wishes!!! -nt- new
      #309560 - 06/21/07 06:42 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

#309758 - 06/25/07 05:49 AM
Mary_V

I've made it through 3 days of stims so far. The first night DH did both shots for me. The last 2 nights I did one of them and he did the other. No major side effects so far. I hope they're working!! I have my next u/s and b/w on Wed. Hopefully the Dr. will see lots of little follicles.

On the job front, I have my 2nd meeting with a career counselor today. And I have a job interview on Wed.!! This job search is finally getting going. Hopefully I can find something soon. I'm really sick of my current job.

Maybe things will all be changing at once for me...new job and pregnancy! That would be great! I'll keep you posted.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#309770 - 06/25/07 10:16 AM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hi -
So excited for you Mary! All these new changes coming up for you. Thanks for the updates and I'll be thinking about you.

#310130 - 06/29/07 04:56 AM
Mary_V

I had my 2nd u/s on Wed. The Dr. saw 18 follicles!!! I'm super excited. He said he considers good anywhere between 15 and 20. And my med dose is exactly where it should be. He didn't have to change it. Most of the follicles were about 8mm. They should grow about 2mm each day until they get to maturity - between 18 and 20mm. I go back tomorrow for another u/s and b/w to see if they are still growing at a normal rate. And I'll probably have to go back again Mon. or Tues. At this point it looks like egg retrieval will be July 5. Less than a week! Then egg transfer would be July 8. I'm really starting to feel things now. I'm feeling fuller and bloated. But it's worth it. I know there are lots of little eggs growing in there I hope they are developing well and can eventually produce some good embryos.

On the job front, I had an interview on Wed. It went well. I should hear back in a couple weeks. If I am offered the job then I will have a tough decision to make. I really want a new job, but I want to make sure it's the right one this time. So I don't want to just jump at the first one that comes along. But then again this could be the perfect job. It does sound quite interesting. And very different than what I do now. It would be new and challenging and a very different environment. So, we'll see what happens.

Thanks for the support. I'll keep you posted on how things progress with the IVF.

--------------------
~Mary

#310143 - 06/29/07 07:09 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Good luck Mary, sound like you are right on schedule!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#310244 - 07/02/07 04:36 AM
Mary_V

So, I had another u/s on Sat. Last time I had 18 follicles (10 on one side, 8 on the other). This time I had at least 20 follicles...on each side! I kind of over stimulated. But I'm hoping things still work out ok. I have another u/s and b/w tomorrow morning. Then egg retrieval is Thurs!! And hopefully transfer will be Sun. But that depends on whether or not the Dr. thinks my risk for OHSS is too great. If so I would have to wait another month for transfer.

I'm up to 4 shots a day now. But that should be changing soon. hcg should be tomorrow. Then I'll start PIO and antibiotics on Wed. The PIO I'll have to do for a while. And DH will have to give it to me b/c it's in the butt :P If I get pg I could have to do it for 9 weeks. It's worth it, though if I get pg.

So I'm feeling like a big pin cushion right now. My tummy keeps getting bigger as all these follies keep growing. They were all 10-12mm on Sat. So by now they should be 14-16mm. It's getting crowded. I'll be glad when I get them all out.

I'll post after my u/s on Tues.

--------------------
~Mary

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 63 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9518

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review