Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IVF round 1!! new
      #310363 - 07/03/07 10:07 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Had my last u/s this morning. As of right now egg retrieval is on Thurs. There are 45 follicles growing! I feel really crappy - pressure, pain, bloating, constipation. Not fun. There is still a chance this cycle could be cancelled b/c of immature eggs. But the Dr. hasn't called yet, so I'm hoping we're good to go. Egg transfer will probably be next Tuesday. For now I'm just trying to manage with all of the physical stuff I'm going through. It is getting very difficult to eat b/c things are so full. I'll be glad to get all of these eggs out in a couple days!

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#310364 - 07/03/07 10:10 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Wow! How exciting! You're so fortunate to be responding to the drugs so well!

Good luck! Keep us posted!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#310692 - 07/07/07 04:35 PM
Mary_V

Latest update:

I had egg retrieval (ER) on Thurs. They got 38 eggs! Out of the 20 they tried to fertilize 15 made it! We found that out on Friday. They were going to freeze most of them today or tomorrow. And then hopefully egg transfer will be this Tues. It still depends how my body is doing. If I have hyperstimulation then they'll freeze the couple left for transfer and wait until next month.

Right now I'm in the recovery process from ER. I look like I'm about 6 months pg b/c of the bloating and fluid from the popped follicles. Yesterday was pretty rough, but today I'm starting to feel a little better. I think I'm past the worst of it! Now I just keep drinking lots of water and hope that I don't get OHSS. And I wait for the Dr.'s report and assessment on Mon. to find out if this week is ET or not. I hope so!

I started my progesterone injections tonight. DH has to give them to me. I was very nervous, but it wasn't too bad. I better get used to them b/c I have to do them 2x a day for a bit. And it could be up to 9 weeks if I get pg. But that would definitely be worth it.

I'll update more after I have some status about ET.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#310697 - 07/07/07 07:33 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I'm glad to hear the egg retrieval went so well! That's fantastic news!

Good luck!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#310756 - 07/09/07 07:41 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

That's wonderful news!! Glad to hear things are going well this time around. Good luck to you and your hubby!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#310763 - 07/09/07 09:19 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Good Luck to you!!

Re: IVF round 1...or should I say 2... new
      #310811 - 07/09/07 04:39 PM
Mary_V

So, it looks like I'll have to wait another month to transfer my embryos Because I was so over-stimulated (44 follicles...way more than normal) I developed OHSS (ovarian hyperstimulation). And that can be dangerous...and it can get worse if you get pg. I had retrieval on Thurs. and I still look like I'm 6 months pregnant (kind of a tease). And the Dr. said my OHSS will continue to get worse for a few days yet! The sypmtoms haven't peaked yet. My left ovary has left my pelvis b/c it is so enlarged (didn't know that could happen). And there is some fluid that has leaked into my abdominal cavity. Not very pleasant. I have gained several pounds b/c of all of the extra fluid. The popped follicles refill after retrieval...that's where it comes from. I haven't been to work since last Tues. And I probably won't be going all week. I just don't feel strong enough. And I can't even fit into my clothes b/c of my belly. I have nausea on and off. The Dr. was actually surprised that I don't have more nausea than I do b/c of the swelling. So I guess I'm lucky. Needless to say I'm not a very happy camper. I would have been doing transfer tomorrow and finding out next week if I was pg. But now I'll just have to wait for AF and then get part way through another cycle to transfer the embryos. Probably the beginning of August. So, more waiting. And not feeling good on top of it. But waiting a month is better for both me and a potential baby. And the Dr. thinks I have a better chance of getting pg if I wait a month and let things settle. I'll talk to the Dr. tomorrow morning for one final check/final decision about waiting. But I'm pretty sure this is the way it will be. So I probably won't have any updates for a while. I'll just be waiting for my body to get back to normal (the OHSS clears up when AF arrives) and then try next month. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts.

--------------------
~Mary

#310859 - 07/10/07 10:58 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hi Mary, I pooped in just to see how you were doing. Sorry to hear about the ohss. I had that one cycle as well and yes, it is very painful! At least you won't have to go through the whole lot of drugs next cycle! Good luck and feel better soon!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Edited by michele (07/10/07 10:59 AM)

#310870 - 07/10/07 01:15 PM
Mary_V

Thanks Michele!! You're right, not fun at all. But I'm sure it's nothing compared to what you go through. I hope you're doing better and that some of the new treatments are working.

--------------------
~Mary

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 253 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9640

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review