Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hi All
      #309360 - 06/19/07 09:51 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Everyone,

It has been a looooong time since I posted, but I wanted to pop in and say Hi to all my old friends on here! I check every now and again and read everyone's little updates so I am kinda in the loop.
I guess the good news is that one of the reasons I wasn't around as much is that my stomach was doing really great for a while. I didn't have any problems, went on a holiday, did lots of driving.. all sorts, and was just great. It was amazing. Over the past few weeks, I've been feeling pretty poorly though so trying to get back on track with that.
Actually, I don't even know if it's IBS flaring up or not.. I went off my BCP as I wasn't getting regular periods anymore and think maybe my hormones are doing some strange things. So maybe tummy will be ok afterall! We'll see!
Otherwise, things are truckin' along. Adrian and I are still together (in counselling at the moment though!) and he has been doing really well at work and is hospital management now, which is great (and means we get really good benefits, thank goodness). I am at the same banking job, have gone for a promotion three times and been turned down so that has been pretty frustrating. Am thinking of looking for a new job if I can't advance any further in this one.
Thats about it, just wanted to say Hi and let you all know I hadn't forgotten about you!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hey Stephie! new
      #309367 - 06/19/07 11:38 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Nice to hear from you! I'm in only a little lately too. Been lurking mostly. I'm glad to hear your tum's doing well! Keep in touch, and have a great summer!

~nelly~

Re: Hi All new
      #309369 - 06/19/07 12:47 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hi Stephie,
I read posts all the time too but don't post much. I went off birth control pills a little while ago myself for reasons other than IBS. I noticed a huge difference at first but have had some bad stomach days this week. Glad you are still hanging in there.
Take Care,
Bethany

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#309374 - 06/19/07 03:09 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi, Steph:

It's nice to hear from you! I'm glad you're doing well! Sorry the tum hasn't been 100% cooperative of late.

Don't be a stranger!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#309390 - 06/19/07 06:43 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Hey Stephie! Good to hear most things are going your way these days Sounds like BF has a great job and you SOOOO needed a good health insurance plan.

Sorry things aren't going well in your job.I'd probably be looking for a new job too if I were turned down 3 times for a promotion. Are they giving you any reasons why?

Hope tummy gets back on track for ya. Great hearing from you too!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#309531 - 06/21/07 01:52 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hi, Stephie! So good to hear from you. Sounds like things are going pretty well for you. My IBS flares up when I go off the pill! Maybe it's the heat? Is it warm where you are? That tends to make me feel sick too.

#309554 - 06/21/07 06:37 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Hey Steph!! Good to see you!

Hope things work out with Adrian, and yes, start looking for a new job if they keep passing you up for promotion - I'm doing the same right now!! Although I'm at the top of my ladder, there is nowhere to go but elsewhere!

Take care!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#309559 - 06/21/07 06:41 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hey Stephie,

I am glad to hear from you! I am glad that Adrian has a good job now... and that you all are taking care of yourselves and trying to make things work. I know life has been difficult, so here's hoping things continue looking up! And yay about your stomach!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2779 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1207

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review