All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
obstructed bowel/IBS/Scar Tissue
      #309076 - 06/14/07 08:42 PM
DDW2006

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Illinois

I am hoping to find help. I just recently had a very bad attack. First one happended about 2-3 yrs ago. I was out of town helping my daughter move from one location to another location (in California). I was on my last day there and I was scheduled to leave the next day on a Very early AM flight.

The day before I had my attach and the day of my stomach was Very bloated and I was very uncomfortable and was having pains, not real bad (during the day). It was time to go to bed started getting more bloated and in pain. Then I felt like I was going to get sick (throw up) (sorry), then I started to feel like I was going to pass out, I had to yell for my daughter and she came running out of her room and I was on the couch Very sick, my hands started to tingle and get deformed. I told her to call 911, I started throwing up and I was a mess. They take me to the hospital, I'm a nervous wreck because I'm sick and in a place very unfamiliar to me and my doctor is not around. After a CT scan and stomach x-ray, they come out and tell me that I had an obstructed bowel and they were going to put a tube down my nose! I thought I was going to die. That sent my stress level Very high. They told me they were going to admit me to the hospital. Once I got admitted they hooked me up with antibiotics and the potassium. They didn't need to put the tube down my nose. I got out day 1/2 later. I didn't fly home, my husband and I drove all the way home from CA to Ill. (I was worried about getting sick on a plane)

So now my question. Is anyone else dealing with Scar tissue/IBS/ and this stupid obstructed bowel issue?

Any help or advise I would greatly appreciate. I don't even want to eat now. I don't want to go through this ever again.

Help!

Debbie
plmtree8@aol.com

Edited by DDW2006 (06/14/07 08:46 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: obstructed bowel/IBS/Scar Tissue new
      #309159 - 06/15/07 05:22 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

You poor thing. Have you been properly diagnosed with IBS yet? You can start with Heather's Break the Cycle diet and go from there. If C is your problem, there are a lot of other Cs here. I'm a D. You can post specifically asking them for some help and you can use the search engine to see if what your curious about has come up before.

Welcome to the boards.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#309161 - 06/15/07 05:30 PM
DDW2006

Well, I had the lower GI test. They diagnosed me IBS and diverrticulosis

#309184 - 06/16/07 03:11 AM
Natalia82

Reged: 03/22/07
Loc: Holland

Let them do the other tests on you too. Its very important since there are other diseases which symptoms mimic IBS.

Hang it there, it will get better!

#309187 - 06/16/07 06:51 AM
DDW2006

What other tests? I had stomach xray, ct,lower gi. What else is there?

#309203 - 06/16/07 11:01 AM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

See this link. It's got all the info you need to take with you when you see your doc. What needs to be ruled out and how to do it.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#309213 - 06/16/07 05:31 PM
DDW2006

Thank you.

Not stable and hating it!

#360048 - 07/30/10 12:47 PM
creekgirl

Reged: 07/04/06

Hi,
It's been a few years since your post so I hope you're doing well and haven't had any more episodes of intestinal blockage. I had a colectomy in 1999 (most of my large intestines were removed due to chronic constipation) and in 2001 I had a severe blockage caused by scar tissue. I didn't have to have surgery but was in the hospital for three days. That gastro tube down my nose and throat was the most painful thing I've ever had, even compared to the abdominal surgery and two child births. Maybe it was the Fibro that made it so painful. Anyway, I learned that whenever I started with any constipation at all, I would immediately start drinking lots of water and really rest until things started moving again. I've avoided several ER visits this way. I also have to avoid raw veggies and fruits, anthing that doesn't digest easily. Hope this helps!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1456 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6089

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review