All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Pregnant with IBS
      #308800 - 06/08/07 09:53 AM
Jassz

Reged: 06/08/07

I am just 7 weeks pregnant and I feel horrible. My IBS pains are sooo bad and I already was hospitalized once for dehydration cause i can barely keep anything down. I'm afraid of miscarrying. Does anyone have any ideas that might help me?

Thanks,
Jassz

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pregnant with IBS new
      #308817 - 06/08/07 04:52 PM
DOODLE1213

Reged: 06/08/07

I feel your pain! I too am pregnant (11 weeks) and have had the week from hell! My IBS is horrible and I too had to go to the emergency room this week for rehydration. Other than Immodium, my doc said there isn't much else for me to do. Sorry I have no advice, but it's nice to know I am not alone. good luck!

Re: Pregnant with IBS - Link to info new
      #308831 - 06/09/07 12:09 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I'm sorry I don't have any advice, but on the IBS Diet board there is a link to information on pregnancy and IBS. It might be helpful. Here it is:

Pregnancy and IBS

#310541 - 07/05/07 06:43 PM
Melanie07

Reged: 07/05/07

With my last pregnancy my doc suggested using nauseze for the nausea. It worked wonders. I told some friends about it, and they have been using it for family receiving chemo and radiation treatment. It is an over the counter sugar mixture that helps keep you blood sugar levels even. It is about $3, and can be found at the drug store or Walmart.

--------------------
IBS-D "spastic colon"

#310549 - 07/05/07 09:21 PM
morning glory

Reged: 04/22/07

i am 29 weeks preg. and i am in a flare up that has lasted almost a year....it got immensely worse as soon as i got pregnant. as far as nausea goes, a little ginger candy should clear you up, or some ginger tea....my midwife recommended boiled eggs, but as eggs tend to be a trigger for most peoples ibs, i wouldn't recommend that unless you know you can handle egg.
i was just writing the other day on here that i was at wits end with everything, cause i couldn't leave my house because of diarrhea. and someone recommended Imodium. i am very skeptical of any meds, but my midwife gave the go ahead for this particual situation. i highly recommend it if that is what you are dealing with. i have also found that spreading your fiber supplement out through the day helps. i take mine after meals, and it seems to help with regularity. if you are dealing with constipation you can take an alfalfa supplement, which is good for you and the baby, and will keep your bowels moving freely....it is not heavy on the system.

#310551 - 07/05/07 09:28 PM
morning glory

Reged: 04/22/07

oh yes, and as far as dehydration goes....drink LOTS AND LOTS!!! i know it probably doesn't help with the nausea, when i cant drink enough water, i will make a sun tea out of peppermint, and fennel. and drink that. i take a large empty clean pickle jar, fill it up with water, then put a few tbls. of herbs in it, close the lid, and leave it outside in the sun for a few hours to steep. once it is steeped, i strain the herbs out, and stick the tea in the fridge to cool. i drink on that when i just cant stomach large amounts of just water. or even if you can put a cucumber in a jar of water in the fridge, that will give it a little flavor so it isn't so hard to stomach. i completely understand though. but your best bets on a healthy pregnancy even with the yuckies of ibs is to keep good and hydrated, eat balanced, and get lots of rest. do you mind me asking if this is your first pregnancy?

and congratulations by the way!!

#310818 - 07/09/07 05:59 PM
DRadtka

Reged: 07/09/07

I have severa Irritable Bowel Syndrome wth constipation. My husband and I are trying to conceive and the DR told me to start taking prenatal vitamins. However, the vitamins contain a lot of Iron which is hard on the stomach and irritates my IBS. Do you know of any way around this, like taking Flintstone vitamins?

Unfortunately, my doctor does not know a lot about IBS and really couldn't help me.

#310829 - 07/10/07 03:40 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

I am ttc as well (see my IVF post). I have issues w/ constipation as well. My Dr. is letting me take a multivitamin (chewable) that doesn't have iron. Plus I take an extra folic acid pill (1000mg). Just an idea.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#310846 - 07/10/07 07:19 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I just saw my OBGYN about soon ttc (haven't started yet). She said I can continue with the multi-vitamin I'm taking, which I tolerate very well. I'll just be adding another miligram of folic acid. You don't really HAVE to take prenatals; take what works for you! My doc said the most important part is really the folic acid, and another important one is calcium.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#310855 - 07/10/07 09:32 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

My doc said to take flintstones take 2 1 of a moring and 1 at night. I order some from the hfs called Rainbow light. I hope they work. Hope this helps!
emmasmom
ibs-c

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 976 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2419

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review