All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I think I'm going on a date!!!!
      #308048 - 05/27/07 05:39 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Working towards legal separation. I've met someone (online), and I think we're going to get together for a casual lunch next weekend! How cool is that!
Don't worry, mother hens. I will be extremely careful. Public place, I will drive myself separately, have someone call me during the date on my cell, and will call someone as soon as I am on my way safely home.
So, I haven't met him in person yet, but he seems really nice. No expectations whatsoever. Just a casual lunch.
Wish me luck!!!!

The kids and I are doing pretty well. They still cry, and it breaks my heart. Still, they're doing OK. I am still loving Karate and am getting into shape. I've lost weight, and inches, and I truly believe there's light at the end of this terrible dark tunnel.

Idiot has moved into the gutter with the @@@@. They are going to live happily ever after. Right.

Just wanted to stick my head in and tell you all that I'm still here, and checking in a lot, but not posting much.
I'm taking it a day at a time, and putting faith in God that He will take care of me and my children on this new path in life.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I think I'm going on a date!!!! new
      #308051 - 05/27/07 08:27 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Whee! A date! Awesome! Good luck and have fun!!

I'm so glad you poked your head in... I've been wondering how you were doing. I'm *really* glad to hear you're hanging in there and getting through it. There IS a light at the end of the tunnel, for sure.

#308060 - 05/28/07 06:41 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Thanks, Casweet. Promise me it's going to be OK? I go from one minute smiling to the next bawling. One step at a time, right? I didn't know it was possible to hurt this much. I also wonder, am I ever going to find someone again? I mean I'm going on a date, but it's strictly a "friend" thing because he knows I'm not ready for anything else, and I'm scared. Will I spend the rest of my life alone?
What did you tell yourself? I keep asking what I did wrong.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#308061 - 05/28/07 06:49 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

So glad for you that you're moving on. Also glad to hear you're prepared for extgra "checks". Smart thinking. Just gotta make sure you and the kids are always safe.

You have to stop asking yourself what you've done wrong. There are three sides to every story. As much as I know my ex did wrong, I did some wrong, too....just less wrong. Anyway, it won't make a difference thinking about what coulda, shoulda, or woulda. Right now, it's done. Your ex has moved on, good or bad. You just have to take care of yourself and your kids. Get to work on healing yourself and the kids will be able to follow.

I'm sending huge hugs your way.
Lauren

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Hey, HS! Nice to see you! new
      #308075 - 05/29/07 07:56 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Good for you, going out and putting yourself out there. Remember to order whatever you like on the menu and to smile secretly to yourself in any slow moments (a def turn on, a happy woman!).

Reprot back quick and give us a slimeball-slash-prince report!!

~nelly~

#308099 - 05/29/07 05:22 PM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

I'm not familiar with you all's situations, but there are happy endings out there. I spilt with my ex 5 years ago and it was the best thing that could have ever happened. The first year was pure hell (what he was doing) but I did meet someone who makes my heart smile everytime I think of him. My girls absolutely adore him and he loves them to pieces. He takes such good care of me and has put up with me being sick so much. I promise you, there are good men out there. Just know you will get through this time.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

Oh wow! new
      #308172 - 05/30/07 06:48 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I know that queasy tummy-scared but excited-first date after the separation feeling. Have fun and tell us how it goes. Good luck, and keep your HEART out of it a while, if I can advise anything.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#308183 - 05/30/07 08:06 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

First of all, congratulations on moving on with your life and taking care of YOU! Second Woo-hoo! I hope you have lots of fun on your date. Keep us updated!

#308197 - 05/31/07 05:41 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Have fun, be careful and good for you moving on with your life! I knew you were a strong wonderful woman! You go girl!!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 583 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3101

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review