Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Michele...
      #307923 - 05/24/07 09:23 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Michele,

How are you doing? You haven't been on here much lately. Are the new treatments helping? How are things going with Will?

Just wanted to say hi and I hope you're doing well.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re Updates new
      #307990 - 05/25/07 11:24 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hey Mary, thanks for asking. I hope you are feeling better today.

I had an ok week last week but feel awful this week. I went in for my second IV infusion and it made me so ill. About 30 minutes after the infusion, I got a migraine and threw up for 8 hours straight. That was Monday. Its now Friday and still feel sick, as in barfy, not my "usual" sick!

My hands and feet look like balloons, I can't even begin to explain the pain in my neck and hips. I can sleep, can't sit, can't lay. I am maxing out on my pain pills and still miserable.

I am still dong the acupuncture, sts stimulation and massage therapy although the massage therapist is off for three weeks to get a boob job! Guess I have been tipping her too well!

I put an application in at the U of M to see their rheumy department and waiting for a call for an appt time.

Will and I have been civil. We are trying to work things out but their are some major issues, my health being one. I can't say I know what the future holds for us.

On a happy note, I got a new car, well, new to me anyways!! I got a Scion XB! I had never even heard of it until I went test driving. I must have drove 12 different cars and most of them I couldn't hardly get in or out of and the ones I could, the seats leaned back to far and hurt my hips more.

We wanted something on the cheap side, I need power windows and air and we wanted great gas mileage. The Scion XB gets 30mpg! The seats sit high and straight, like a desk chair, perfect for me. Its basically a box on wheels but I really like it!

Its almost 2:30 here and my boss is out of town and its the holiday weekend. I am going to try to make it another half hour or so and head home myself. I need to rest.

Love and hugs to all!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Re Updates new
      #307993 - 05/25/07 01:12 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Oh Michele,
I'm so sorry that you're feeling so badly. How frustrating for you. And I'm sorry about Will. You're definitely in my thoughts.
Big hugs.
Lauren

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Re: Updates new
      #308000 - 05/25/07 06:10 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Ugh!! A migraine and throwing up - that's aweful!! I really sympathize! I have to take gravol / dramamine when I get a bad migraine, I hate being sick! I wish I could have sent you a Maxalt to kill the migraine for you!

Sorry things aren't going better with Will, it sucks actually. I hope for the best for you, whatever it may be.

A new car!! Awesome! I'm looking for a new truck myself and I'm in love with the Toyota Tacoma, but not the price tag - here is $30,000 with taxes - too much on my salary!

Hope you have a relaxing weekend and the pain goes down a bit. I know our weather has sucked here which makes me feel aweful, I can't imagine how it affects you.

Take care of you!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: Re Updates new
      #308077 - 05/29/07 08:06 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Nice to see you!!!!! I hope you can take it easy a little with the boss gone. I got a new car too, a Nissan Pathfinder. So much easier to get into it in and out (I've got Tall Girl Syndrome, lol). There's nothing like something new to boost my spirits. I giggle when I get into it. It's nice.

Hey I've been thinking about you a lot lately. I miss gabbing with you about all the crap that's been overwhelming us. I'm going to work on getting an email account (that WORKS) so we can start passing notes again. In the meantime, {{{{{BIG GENTLE HUGS}}}}}}

Enjoy that car!! Crank the windows down and blare "Mexican Radio" in it, or some other song. "Funky Cold Medina" came on the other day and I just let it BLARE. Who cares that my mom was in the passenger seat yelling, "Who's Medina??"

~nelly~

Re: Another update new
      #308235 - 05/31/07 12:06 PM
michele

Still feeling pretty awful. Went to urgent care Saturday morning with extreme inflammation in my neck. Got three shots, steroids, toradol and something to stop the barfing.

I have been on 80mg, thats a pretty high dose, was down to 3.5mg of steroids since than and the inflammation is not going away. I can barely move my neck and the pain is so bad, I throw up constantly.

Ugh, I need to feel better. Thanks for all the well wishes. Just thought I'd pop in and let you guys know I am still living but going home early yet again today.

--------------------

#308239 - 05/31/07 12:31 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Oh Michele,
I'm so sorry for all you're going through. I think about you often. I'm sending well wishes and big hugs to you!
Lauren

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#308279 - 05/31/07 05:58 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Oh Sweetie!! I'm sorry things have not turned around for you.

Your post put a lump in my stomache, I feel just terrible for you. I'll keep sending you happy, healing thoughts!

Take care of you!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#308295 - 05/31/07 11:23 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Michele, I'm sorry to hear things still aren't getting better for you. You're definitely in my thoughts.

Nelly new
      #308297 - 05/31/07 11:24 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hey, we haven't heard from you in while. The new car sounds great! How's life in general?

Re: Thanks girls new
      #308316 - 06/01/07 08:14 AM
michele

I left work early again yesterday but the doctor is in today and we have patients until 6, its going to be a very long day. I have lost a few pounds though as I keep throwing everything up. Talked to the nurse again yesterday and they think the barfing is from the pain. I am so glad its Friday, just going to do what I can to hobble through the day and plan on holding the couch down all weekend. Thanks for all the happy thoughts, keep'em coming!

--------------------

#308328 - 06/01/07 10:07 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Michele-Take it easy this weekend. I wish you strength and endurance to get through this. Lots of hugs coming your way!

#308417 - 06/02/07 06:28 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I hope a weekend of rest leaves you feeling better, Michele.

(((Hugs)))

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#308743 - 06/07/07 12:11 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Thinking of you Michele. Hope you have a better weekend than week.

--------------------
~jules

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 197 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3011

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review