All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Weclome back! new
      #306975 - 05/10/07 11:14 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

thanks for making me laugh before I go to my appointment. I leave in 10 minutes. I needed that! {{{hugs}}}

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

back from my appointment.....nothing to worry about.... new
      #306981 - 05/10/07 01:17 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I'm back from my appointment....all went well....I didn't get to see my gastroenterologist himself...saw his assistant, but she is real nice, too. She suggested increasing fiber. And since it has been 11 years since my colonoscopy, she suggested getting that done again, too because colon cancer runs in my family. The last scope I had showed diverticulosis, and she thinks it might be acting up and the increased fiber will help it. I asked her about Acacia but she wasn't familiar with it. She is more familiar with Metimucil, but she said I could give the Acacia a try. I ordered some last night. I told her I don't want to do the colonoscopy right now because we have a 2 week vacation coming up in July and I'm 8 months since my hysterectomy and I don't want that extra expense right now. She said that was fine...to schedule in the Fall. As for the anxiety...she said to keep doing what I'm doing with the HRT to get the hormones balanced and keep exercising and eating right. She also gave me a prescription for Lomotil....

thanks for all your support! I always get worried for nothing....

Edited by Nugget (05/10/07 01:32 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1031 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8241

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review