All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: I haven't been here in FOREVER.....I need some support....going through a rough time.... new
      #306915 - 05/09/07 03:44 PM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

I'm kinda just a lurker right now but I too did the hypno and I have been through some seriously stressful situations over the past three months (Including dealing with an unhappy/bitchy fiance constantly for about four months) and stress that would usually make me violently ill for weeks had no effect on me.. The food triggers don't seem to be as much of a problem (not going to over dose but it's still a start) AND the only thing that did cause me to get ill was when Ben and I were fighting and just about called off the wedding (which is June 2nd of this year) The tapes are amazing.. I also find that being a chronic planner seems to help with my anxiety.. If I have a plan then I feel much better..

I'm an IBS D and I got into the habit of constantly having wet wipes in my purse incase I ever had an attack in public and now.. I don't even feel like I need that around me all the time like I used to.. the tapes really do help and I can't stress that enough.. (or at least they really turned my life around)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I haven't been here in FOREVER.....I need some support....going through a rough time.... new
      #306921 - 05/09/07 05:40 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

wow...that's great that you are doing so well. Congratulations, too, on your upcoming wedding. I hope all goes well and you have a wonderful day and happy marriage.

Re: Supplements? new
      #306922 - 05/09/07 05:40 PM
Nugget

thanks....i think i'll order some....how much do you take?

Re: Weclome back! new
      #306923 - 05/09/07 05:45 PM
Nugget

i do try to do deep breathing when I'm feeling nervous and it does help a bit. I bought the hypno CD set from this web site a long time ago and got quite aways through them, but never finished. I just couldn't find the time to fit them in without making myself feel guilty for taking some "me" time. Ya know? Nobody ever made me feel guilty...my husband was totally supportive....it was just me putting pressure on me. Tonight I'm real down in the dumps for some reason....I think it's because of mothers day. I don't know what anyone's plans are. Both my mother and my mother in law live here in the same town and they aren't worried about it....so I don't know why I am...Guess I'll just wait and see what everyone wants to do. I've done all the worrying about it in the past and I'm not going to do it this year. Let someone else decide how we are going to fit everyone in for time together.

#306939 - 05/09/07 07:36 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I take 1.5 teaspoons a day but that is a pretty low dose. Most people need more. There's a link on the diet forum posted to the top of the page with info on acacia and how to increase your dosage.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#306944 - 05/09/07 08:19 PM
Nugget

thanks for the info....I just ordered some tonight. Will post tomorrow after I go see my gastroenterologist. Went for a long bike ride tonight and am not so nervous now, but who knows what tomorrow morning will bring....I also have a health day blood screening tomorrow at work in the morning, so have to fast for 12 hours and then my Dr. appt. is just after lunch....

#306965 - 05/10/07 08:28 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Nugget, you (and everyone else) deserves at least 30 minutes of doing whatever the heck pleases them every single day. No wonder you're feeling down in the dumps if you don't give yourself even that much slack.

--AC (who does whatever the heck she pleases at least an hour a day, darn it!)

#306967 - 05/10/07 08:57 AM
Nugget

thanks for the kick in the butt. I do go to Curves for 30 minute workout three times a day and my hubby and I went for 3 mile bicycle ride last evening, but to just lay down and do nothing...I don't do that enough.

Pre-appointment jitters..... new
      #306968 - 05/10/07 09:50 AM
Nugget

my appointment with my gastroenterologist is in two hours. I'm nervous. Trying to calm myself down. I know everything will go well....and it's just a visit...no extensive tests or anything like that. I had my blood drawn this morning for a health day screening here at work...so if the doc wants any blood tests that's already done...don't know why I get so nervous about these things....I wish I was normal and didn't let things get to me...then my gut would be just fine.

#306974 - 05/10/07 10:59 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Hey, I'll dole out kicks in the behind as needed. I get very blue when I don't take time for myself - not for self-improvement, but for pure enjoyment. Now hypno is not as fun as sitting down with a good book and a bowl of baked potato chips, but it ain't bad!

I don't know anyone who doesn't get nervous going to the doctor, especially a GI doc! As a wise woman once told me, "don't compare your insides to other people's outsides". There's very few people out there who enjoy talking about their guts with doctors with probes.....

--AC

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 585 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8224

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review