All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Describe Your Christmas Stocking(s)
      #30681 - 12/09/03 08:19 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Just wondering what everyone's stockings are like....

1) At Home: Both hubby & I have a basic red w/white trim....and "Shell" or "Shane" written in red glitter.

2) At My Parents: This one goes back to jr & sr high when I was in the choir & vocal jazz group... it is knit in red, white, & green.... and had music notes incorporated into the design....the only thing about that stocking that bugs me is....all the strings of yarn inside the stocking make it really hard to put things in and out of it...LOL It is always a challenge for everyone and we get a kick out of it. Mom got one for Shane too.... it think it has snowmen on it....(I'll have to double check on the 21st when we do our Christmas with them)

3) At Shane's Parents: we both have a basic red w/white trim and a gift tag that says, "TO: Shell FROM: Santa" or "TO: Shane FROM: Santa"

Come everyone.... share yours with us.... this put a smile on my face and made me think of happy holiday times over the years.

P.S. I used to have one for each of my cats that said "Lebra" & "Caramel" in red glitter.... now they are both gone....but the ashes are in little boxes at my parents so I mail them a Christmas card from Mommy (that would be me) and my Mom displays it with the boxes for me.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Edited by Shell Marr (12/09/03 08:21 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Describe Your Christmas Stocking(s) new
      #30687 - 12/09/03 09:12 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Aw - that's so cute/sad about your cats, Shell! I love the name "Caramel".

My stocking at home is just a basic red one that I bought at Wal-mart. The one at my mom's house was knit by my great grandmother and has my name on it and a picture of Santa with a furry beard. It's the softest stocking!

Not sure about the one at my dad's house. He's never done Christmas before. Will have to find out this year!

At my grandma's house, I have a basic cheap $0.99 stocking she bought at the drugstore and has gift tags attacked to each one saying who is who's. Those things are a pain in the monkey to stuff (I do all my grandma's shopping) as they're very flimsy and narrow!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#30852 - 12/09/03 04:33 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Shell, you have way too many stockings! I'm jealous. I'm trying to convince my fiance that stockings are a good idea. Can you believe he's never had one!!!

#30904 - 12/09/03 08:37 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

At home we have a gazillion stockings! Chris's mom gives us brand new ones ever year, so now we have tons. They are all so pretty though! She gets really nice ones. I use them for decorations going up my stairway now, and I don't have enough room for them all! LOL

Chris gave me a stocking our first year with a snowman on it. I love it! I love snowmen!

I have another one that my grandmother's neighbor knitted for me for my first Christmas. My mom always used that for me when I was growing up.

#30912 - 12/09/03 09:08 PM
paintlady

Reged: 02/10/03
Loc: Columbia, CA

Christmas stockings!
what fun, we have 3 knitted striped red & white and green & white ones we have put up every year for years, the year I went in search of another one, for our new daughter-in-law not one to be found, closest could find was knited red and green one with a cute santa, Genny loved it.
Fun to get the stockings out Ist of Dec. gets me in the mood for christmas.
Paintlady

#31280 - 12/11/03 08:30 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

You guys are all making me smile.... this has been one of the best holiday seasons in my adult life.... and yet, thinking back about when I was little brings a tear to my eye... so many happy times.... and these darn little socks are to blame!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2095 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 842

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review