Pages: 1
Ex-friend vent
      #306755 - 05/07/07 05:29 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I need a little vent!!
I'm not using any names here....

My former good friend (was supposed to be my maid of honour when I got married, but she dropped out) has a little boy, 2. I learned from my assistant that he is in the hospital because he was very badly burned when he pulled a pot from the stove while his mom was cooking dinner. My asst. saw them in the hospital 2 weeks ago when her son was admitted. The little guy has 2nd and 3rd degree burns to his face, neck arms and torso. This really upset me because no child should feel pain like that. It is really a tragic accident. My asst. told me she talked to the mom etc and they talked about our former friendship and why we don't speak etc. I told my asst. if she saw the mom and dad to pass on our best wishes for their son's full and speedy recovery. Bygones be bygones.

My asst's son was readmitted on Friday and she said that the son is still in the hospital. I asked if she passed on my wishes, and she didn't get the chance. So I thought, gee, I gotta pass on my best thoughts to him, so I emailed her work email. (They have changed their home one, and I am not going to call there - I don't wanna deal with her DH)

All I said was "We heard via (NAME) about (SON's NAME) accident and wanted to extent our deepest wishes for his speedy and complete recovery.
You are in our thoughts,"

I got a reply that the message was deleted without being read. I'm insulted and a little upset. I never brought her son in between our friendship and all I wanted to do was wish him well. I guess there really is no friendship left there. I guess I shouldn't be hurt. But I still am.

Why when you wanna do something good and decent for someone (even if they may not deserve it) does it turn around on you and make you feel aweful?

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ex-friend vent new
      #306764 - 05/07/07 07:07 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Pat yourself on the back for doing a very kind thing. What they did with it was their loss. Sometimes, you just have to let people go. I know, I feel bad for those that have decided not to continue contact, but friendships go both ways.
Let it go with a free conscience.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

I agree with Yoda and... new
      #306767 - 05/07/07 07:19 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

...don't take this one too personally. I'm sure that they aren't paying attention to anything other than their son right now. I know I wouldn't.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#306776 - 05/08/07 03:15 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I'm sure she's got some serious issues of her own. I'm sorry you have to feel that way but I've been down that road myself. I know how hurtful it can be. I've had to try really hard to let go of it, stop analyzing and just know that sometimes, things just aren't meant to be.

So sorry..

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#306898 - 05/09/07 12:17 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

That's too bad she didn't have the decency to even read your email. Curiousity would have gotten the best of me there even if I was still angry or whatever. Anyway there's not much else you can do as far as reaching out. Sometimes you just have to be the bigger person and it's not easy.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 397 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1100

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review