All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Accupressure/Accupuncture
      #306174 - 04/30/07 07:15 AM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

Hey I was wondering if anybody has any good/bad experiences with accu pressure/puncture. I was interested in accupressure myself and was just interested in any experiences.

-Lyn
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Accupressure/Accupuncture new
      #306188 - 04/30/07 09:41 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I do both for my auto immune illnesses. I have been doing it about 5 weeks now. I get massage therapy followed by a phyiscal therapist doing sts-its an electical stimulus machine that is supposed to help regulate the sympathetic nervous system. He than also does pressure points to help release the multiple nerve entrapment's and muscle con strictures that I have, that is very painful when he does it. I than do acupuncture the next day. I am also getting iv infusion of vitamins and minerals once a month and going for trigger point injections in my back next week. I have also been taking dhea and adrenal supplements, in addition to my long list of prescription meds.

I do believe the treatments are helping. You really have not got a lot to lose other than your cash. As long as you go to a reputable person who uses sterile needles, the risks are minimal.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 283 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 468

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review