Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New girl
      #306168 - 04/30/07 03:45 AM
Sarah UK

Reged: 04/27/07
Loc: UK, England

Hi everyone!
I am new to all this but feel at thome already. As i have had problems with my stomach constipation ect.... for years.
I have not been to the doctors to confirm i have IBS, but feel with out a doubt i have! Is it worth me going to the doctors to be told its all in my head. I have changed my diet and am waiting for Heathers fibre to arrive but already feel better. Any advise would be great! Also whats the difference in Get together or living room and am i posting to the right one??? I have not done this chat room posting before so again any help would be great!
Thanks Guys

--------------------
Happy Days

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New girl new
      #306169 - 04/30/07 03:59 AM
monam

Reged: 05/14/06

Hello, new girl. I am new also. I hope you will try the doc for a diagnosis. It is possible there are other problems. I understand your hesitancy. I had a sort of "relapse" and tried to go back to my gastroenterologist. (I have seen him once, for a routine colonscopy). They told me there is nothing they can do for me. No questions about what I eat, what I experience. Just...."nothing we can do for you". Thankfully we have this website, they tell me we aren't alone> good luck to you.

#306171 - 04/30/07 04:18 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Welcome to the boards. This is a great place to be.

You MUST get tested and rule out any other serious conditions. Don't just assume it's IBS. Have you read through all the basic info on this site? Heather explains all of the conditions that must be ruled out. Yes, the tests are a pain, but they are worth it. There are a lot of serious conditions that have the same sypmtoms as IBS.

"Get Together" is for people that live close to each other and want to get together...for real, not just on the boards. The Living Room is where we talk mostly about non-IBS stuff. If you have questions about the diet, etc. the Eating for IBS board is the best place to post. HTH.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#306189 - 04/30/07 09:42 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hello and welcome!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#306201 - 04/30/07 11:34 AM
Sarah UK

Reged: 04/27/07
Loc: UK, England

Thanks for that Mary. Where do i find the eating for ibs page?

--------------------
Happy Days

#306202 - 04/30/07 11:38 AM
JTC

Reged: 04/30/07

I would suggest you go back to your doctor to verify there is nothing else wrong. He/She will most likely suggest a colenoscopy (?) and its a good idea. If your colen checks out as normal then your probably on the right track.

#306206 - 04/30/07 01:25 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Welcome Sarah!

As great as this site is, and as comfortable as you will feel hear talking and hearing about similar symptoms to your own, you absolutely MUST see the doctor and go through the diagnostic testing to rule out other, more 'serious' illnesses - we, and Heather, cannot stress enough the importance of this.

In the meantime, however, it is a great idea to start using the acacia fibre - as, even if it turns out you have something other than IBS, the odds are that it will still help you. Personally I would advise buying Heathers 'First Year IBS' book - on diagnosis it was the first thing I bought, and has literally turned out to be a lifesaver.

But, the Living Room is where we all hang out, and talk about anything non IBS diet related, so if you have specific questions on the diet post them in the 'Eating for IBS' board - which you get to by clicking on the 'IBS diet' link above.

For now, welcome again! There are some fab (and stable!) people on here full of wonderful advice. Personally I could never thank them enough for how they've supported and helped me...

PS - where bouts in the UK are you from? There's a handful of us on here - I'm from Sheffield, Nat (who isn't on here much at the moment) is a Liverpudlian, Sinead is from Dublin, and there's a couple more of us hanging around somewhere...

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

#306209 - 04/30/07 03:39 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

The "IBS Diet" board is the very first one listed. There should be a horizontal list of all the boards near the top of the webpage. There is also a board for recipes ("IBS Recipes") - definitely check out this one for yummy IBS-safe recipes!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 186 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1856

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review