All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Need AD advice: Effexor, Wellbutrin and side effects
      #305731 - 04/23/07 02:01 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I posted this on the diet board, but thought I would post here, too:

I had been taking 150 mg/day of Effexor, but depression symptoms started coming back. My doctor upped my dose to 225 mg/day, which caused two things to happen: my C got noticeably worse (the 150 mg/day dose of Effexor also increased my C), and I began having sexual side effects. I've been at this increased dose for 6.5 weeks, and the side effects have not gone away. My doctor has suggested two options:

1. Add Wellbutrin to lessen the sexual side effects. But this means adding another med - I'd rather go in the opposite direction!

2. Wean off the Effexor and onto Wellbutrin. She warned, however, that the Wellbutrin might not be as effective in treating my depression. The Effexor has done a great job of that.

What do you guys think? Has anyone tried Wellbutrin, and does it cause C? Any input on sexual side effects (or other side effects) with Wellbutrin?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need AD advice: Effexor, Wellbutrin and side effects new
      #305755 - 04/23/07 07:40 PM
Carlye

Reged: 04/17/07

I think I can help...
I have been taking Wellbutrin XL for many months now. I was on Effexor last year, which caused a rash and weight gain. Wellbutrin has been working great for me! It, along with other things, has helped with depression, and it has not had any effect on my IBS-C. As for sexual side effects, I have not really been affected too much.
Hope this helps!
Carlye

I've taken both..... new
      #305784 - 04/24/07 06:45 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

i found the effexor took a good 3 months to work. I have had the same problem with well, personal side effects, and Wellbutrin totally took care of that. Wellbutrin is a great med - and there are practically no side effects. It is also known to magnify the effect of anti-depressants. I would say - absolutely, go fo it. The effexor is a great AD - and I found my IBS went away completely when I was on it. I would at least TRY the wellbutrin for a few months and then reassess. I hate taking meds, too. I'm on an AD, a mood stabilizer, Wellbutrin and something to help me sleep. But, if it's necessary, and it helps you feel better, then I figure, well, OK.
Hope this helps.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

I replied on the eating board new
      #305786 - 04/24/07 06:52 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

It has made my constipation much worse. I am ready to stop it.

My anxiety is off the charts too with this med...more than usual.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Edited by Jordy (04/24/07 10:17 AM)

Re: Yoda... new
      #305789 - 04/24/07 07:08 AM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

I always wanted to try Wellbutrin but was afraid it might upset my ibs-d. Any ideas on how it reacts with the gut?

Does this mean you suggest.... new
      #305810 - 04/24/07 10:15 AM
Lisa Marie

... taking the Welbutrin WITH Effexor rather than stopping the Effexor, since you said Welbutrin can magnify the effects of ADs? I would definitely like to give the Welbutrin a try, I'm just not sure if I should stop the Effexor or not. Arrgggh.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#305829 - 04/24/07 04:48 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I started on Zoloft but got off....switching to Wellbutrin and it was amazing how I hadn't noticed the effect that Zoloft had on my libido until I got on Wellbutrin. Definitely a good switch for me. I've been on Wellbutrin for years now and I've had good results. I'm a C'er but I was before the I started taking AD's and I have not found that it has made my condition any worse.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#305844 - 04/24/07 07:20 PM
L8yVicki

Reged: 03/23/07

Hi
tried Welbutrin and did not do well on it...

I have been on Lexapro during the last 4 weeks (my daughter in law is in hospice for an aggressive cancer) and my IBS has almost cleared up...that was my side effect...

have you talked to your doctor about Lexapro..works very differently than Welbutrin...

#305848 - 04/25/07 02:58 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

isn't that because Wellbutrin is an AD and Lexapro is an anti-anxiety med? Don't quote me on that. I've never been on Lexapro but I think that's what I remember hearing about it.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

What did Wellbutrin do to you? new
      #305851 - 04/25/07 06:50 AM
Jordy

Did it increase your anxiety and/or cause Constipation? That's my problem with it. How long were you on it? I keep waiting for the side effects to go away but they haven't yet.

--------------------

Re: Does this mean you suggest.... new
      #305887 - 04/25/07 05:15 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

I would say if the effexor is working for you, there's no real reason to go off it. The wellbutrin just compliments it nicely, and works in a DIFFERENT way than the effexor. All I'm saying is that it was a good combination for me, so if your Doc is encouraging you to try it, then consider it.

--------------------

No idea, honey. new
      #305888 - 04/25/07 05:18 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Sorry, I would check with your Doc. I do know that for me, if I'm depressed/anxious, my D is worse. If the Wellbutrin can help you feel less depressed or anxious, than it may just even HELP ease your D, if depression/anxiety/stress are triggers for you.

--------------------

#305926 - 04/26/07 09:23 AM
Lisa Marie

Wow... I hope I see the same results on Wellbutrin! I mean, my libido has been somewhat MIA for quite awhile now, but certain things have become more "difficult" if you know what I mean! And the Effexor definitely made my C worse.

I think you are right; I think Lexapro is an anti-anxiety med whereas Effexor is an AD.

My doc has me on 75 mg each of Effexor and Wellbutrin twice daily for a week. I seem to be tolerating the Wellbutrin okay, so it's just a matter of waiting for it to work now!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Re: Does this mean you suggest.... new
      #305927 - 04/26/07 09:25 AM
Lisa Marie

Yes, the Effexor works for my depression, but I just can't handle the side effects anymore (neither can DH!). I'm now in the process of stepping down the Effexor and stepping up the Wellbutrin, but my doc did say I can stay on the minimum Effexor dose for awhile if I want to once I get up to the proper dose of Wellbutrin. I might do that for awhile and see how it goes...

Thanks!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Lisa Marie..... new
      #306260 - 05/01/07 07:11 AM
Jordy

How are you tolerating the Wellbutrin?

--------------------

Jordy... new
      #306325 - 05/01/07 01:04 PM
Lisa Marie

Ugh... funny you should ask. I started taking it last Friday (I'm taking it and Effexor at the same time; weaning off the Effexor) and my C has already been worse (Go ahead, say "I told you so!"). I'm hoping it's just because I'm taking two ADs at the same time, and that it will get better when I change my dosage tomorrow. Yesterday, I was so bloated and "backed up" that my pants barely fit. This morning, I looked pregnant. I finaly caved this morning and used one of my Fleet suppositories, and that helped.

I'm not giving up! But today is a very depressing, frustrating day. I just want to be NORMAL and FEEL GOOD!! Why is that so difficult??

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Lisa Marie... new
      #306387 - 05/02/07 07:28 AM
Jordy

Taking both those drugs is most likely making things worse for you! Wait until you are on just the Wellbutrin to get a better sense of how things will be.

I still take Wellbutrin. I saw my doctor Monday, and voiced my concern about the C. He told to me try to not link the C to the drug and just take it and not "psych myself up" expecting C. Hard for me to do since I obsess about most things.

So, I told him I would try it for another month. I have been so bad the last 2 days (and so far today). Maybe it is all in my mind. Maybe I would be C anyhow. I don't know. We can be each others cheerleader...well, if I don't bail out!

Quote:

I'm not giving up! But today is a very depressing, frustrating day. I just want to be NORMAL and FEEL GOOD!! Why is that so difficult??

I totally am right there with you, sweetie. Isn't pooping suppose to be a natural thing, like breathing? Where it just happens without thinking about it? Remember when we were kids....did you ever worry about having a BM?

--------------------

BTW new
      #306388 - 05/02/07 07:33 AM
Jordy

Do you have success with Calcium? If so, HOW??????? I HAVE to take it.

--------------------

Re: Lisa Marie... new
      #306392 - 05/02/07 08:15 AM
Lisa Marie

Thanks, hon! I'm hoping that once I'm just on the Wellbutrin things will calm down. But I might also agree with your doctor; I was paranoid about C going into it... I managed to have a pretty good BM this morning (thanks to an extra large dose of NC last night), so I'm happy about that!! Yay! I feel skinny again today, and my pants fit.

Today I changed my dose to 150 mg of Wellbutrin in the morning, and in the evening I'll take 75 mg each of Wellbutrin and Effexor. After another five days, I'll eliminate the Effexor and take 150 mg of Wellbutrin twice daily. How much are you taking?

Yeah, I'm kinda wondering what my bowels would be like if I wasn't on any ADs! They help my depression, but now I can't wait to be done with them. I'll hang in there if you do!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Re: BTW new
      #306393 - 05/02/07 08:16 AM
Lisa Marie

Nope, I gave up on it long ago. Even a small amount of the citrate form made my C worse. I make sure I get enough from rice and soy milk, and my multi-vitamin.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#306451 - 05/03/07 07:03 AM
Jordy

I only take 150 mg in the morning. But, I also take Prozac. I was hoping the tendency of Prozac to help constipation would off set the Wellbutrin.

I do wonder how much of this is me psyching myself out....actually influencing my constipation by worrying about it with the Wellbutrin.

I think you will get more C relief when you are off the Effexor. My doctor thinks Effexor is one of the more Constipating ADs.

--------------------

#306468 - 05/03/07 11:56 AM
Lisa Marie

I am now noticing a difference; I'm only taking 75 mg of Effexor a day, and things are getting much better. However, I've also had to increase my NC! I don't think I noticed any C when I was on Prozac, so I think you are right; it also didn't help my depression, though.

Have you done the hypno yet?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#306484 - 05/03/07 03:44 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Wellbutrin caused me to have terrible C!!!!

#306485 - 05/03/07 03:59 PM
LanieLynn

Reged: 05/02/07

I took Welbutrin to block the effects of sexual side effects from Prozac, but the Welbutrin made me very anxious. I already have Panic Disorder so this was a very undesireable side effect to me!

#306504 - 05/03/07 08:58 PM
Lisa Marie

I'm about a week into this, and so far, not too great. I started off with HORRIBLE C. But this has gotten a little better. I'm going daily now, but my BMs are a lot more incomplete than they were. I'm taking 225 mg of Wellbutrin per day and 75 mg of Effexor per day. I should be completely off the Effexor by Monday.

Not sure about the sexual side effects yet. I'm trying not to think about it!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

LanieLynn new
      #306541 - 05/04/07 12:24 PM
Jordy

How long did you take the Wellbutrin? I'm wondering because I had horrible anxiety too in the beginning, but I think it is passing after 2 months now.

--------------------

#306542 - 05/04/07 12:26 PM
Jordy

Prozac alone wasn't cutting it for me either. That's why he added the Wellbutrin. I guess they each hit 2 different kinds of neurotransmitters....so I get them all working!

I feel like I have a defective body...nothing is working right!

--------------------

Keep going, Lisa Marie new
      #306543 - 05/04/07 12:29 PM
Jordy

Make it to Monday, then we see what the wellbutrin does on it's own!

Have you had to increase Acacia and/or NC?

Are you having anxiety issues with it?

--------------------

Re: LanieLynn new
      #306550 - 05/04/07 12:49 PM
LanieLynn

Hi Jordy,
I don't know how long I took the Welbutrin for, but it wasn't for long! If you have been on it for 2 months and the side effects are passing- I think your good! When I first started Prozac I had side effects and was told they would pass- and eventually they did.
Lori
Lori

Re: Keep going, Lisa Marie new
      #306559 - 05/04/07 02:42 PM
Lisa Marie

Ugh; C again today. It never ends!!

Yeah, I've been taking about 1.5 tablespoons of NC; I used to take just 1. acacia i'm still trying to increase, but i'm at about 7 teaspoons per day. no anxiety issues, but i still have trouble overeating. i just can't eat enough in one sitting to satisfy my hunger without making myself feel sick later. it's frustrating! i have to teach myself to eat less, and then i can eat more in a few hours.

how are you doing these days?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#306560 - 05/04/07 02:43 PM
Lisa Marie

Quote:

I feel like I have a defective body...nothing is working right!

You're certainly not alone here!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#306570 - 05/04/07 06:18 PM
Jordy

I don't think my anxiety from Wellbutrin is gone. Today is bad.

--------------------

#306575 - 05/04/07 08:16 PM
LanieLynn

The difficult part is knowing if the anxiety is from the Wellbutrin or "life". I would keep communicating with my doctor and keep a journal. It helps tremendously to look back and see how you are doing and where you started from. Todays anxiety won't last forever...I promise.
Lori

#306588 - 05/05/07 07:26 AM
Jordy

Quote:

The difficult part is knowing if the anxiety is from the Wellbutrin or "life".

Good point! I want to start a journal. I used to write in one every day for years but stopped. I tried to write, but it became the same entry every day..."feel horrible, tummy hurts, lots of pain, please make it stop...". It was depressing to write and read!

--------------------

UGH new
      #306748 - 05/07/07 03:47 PM
Lisa Marie

I SO messed up over the weekend.

I'd finally had it with being backed up. So, Saturday night I took a mega-dose of NC. I had D ALL DAY Sunday. It wouldn't stop! I was beginning to wish we had a bidet. At least I felt "cleaned out" by the end of the day...

Skipped my NC dose last night, but I'll take it tonight. I took my last dose of Effexor yesterday, so hopefully things will begin to settle down now.

How are you doing?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Re: UGH new
      #306759 - 05/07/07 06:18 PM
Jordy

Oh, I'm sorry.

I skipped my dose of NC last night and I am in pain today. If I don't go at least a little bit everyday, I bloat and hurt really badly. It's like my body is super sensitive to any pressure in my intestines.

--------------------

Re: UGH new
      #306811 - 05/08/07 01:24 PM
Lisa Marie

I know the feeling; there's only so much room in there!!

Today is better. Not sure if this is a coincidence: yesterday and today, I have been Effexor-free - and I have had multiple BMs each day!! This can't still be from my NC-induced D on Sunday. I'll need a few more days to be sure, but could the Effexor really been giving me C THAT badly?? At any rate, today has been a good day!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

AD withdrawal new
      #306818 - 05/08/07 02:42 PM
Lisa Marie

I spoke too soon; I'm now feeling like I was hit by a truck. This came on very suddenly, a sort of vertigo / nausea thing. Wow do I feel awful. A pharmacist just confirmed my suspicion that it's withdrawal from dropping the Effexor too quickly. So I need to add a small dose back in for awhile. Double Ugh.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Re: AD withdrawal new
      #306844 - 05/08/07 06:24 PM
Jordy

Oh, geez. Not what you needed. This is something I fear for the future. I know Effexor is suppose to be one of the tougher ones to stop taking.

How much longer do you have to take Effexor? How small can you cut the pill? I have a pill cutter that really helps.

--------------------

Re: AD withdrawal new
      #306868 - 05/09/07 08:00 AM
Lisa Marie

tell me about it! i'm still feeling it today. i doubt i'll last more than half a day at work. yuck. the pharmacist told me to take half of a 75 mg pill once daily for 5-7 days. they're really easy to break in half. he said if the symptoms don't go away in a few days to call back so we can make sure it's not connected to the wellbutrin, though that's very unlikely. Remember, I was taking 225 mg/day of Effexor! I assume that's a fairly large dose.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#306890 - 05/09/07 11:21 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I understand what you are going through with the Effexor. I've been on and off of it two different times. The first time I was on it for about 2 years and was at 300mg per day. It did help my anxiety/depression, but I hated the side effects. The side effects I had were...sexual side effects, shaking, headaches, "brain zaps" (a feeling of electrical shocks), weight gain, constipation. I welcomed the constipation because I have always been IBS-D. I was able to successfully wean off of the Effexor over a 7 month period and continued to have the side effects as well as withdrawal symptoms for a few months after. The second time I was on Effexor was only a short time after getting off it....I was having horrible health issues and needed something to help me with the stress. So I went on a very low dose (75mg) for a short time and found out that I needed a hysterectomy. After surgery I was able to successfully get off Effexor once again and felt great for a while. I'm now having anxiety once again, though, and may need to go back on a med for it. Am hoping never to go back on Effexor, however, because of the side effects I've experienced in the past.

I've never been on Wellbutrin, so I have no information for you on that.

I wish you well. Good luck. Hope you feel better soon...

#306988 - 05/10/07 03:44 PM
Lisa Marie

7 months?? wow! that is a long time of weaning off a medication!! no wonder i've felt so crappy! but i think today is better than yesterday (see my "AD withdrawal" posts)...

now that i'm nearly off of the effexor, i'm realizing just how much it was making my C worse! It's amazing!! Time to re-balance my IF and Natural Calm...

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#306995 - 05/10/07 04:19 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

It took me 7 months because I was on such a high dose and I'm real sensitive to medications. The weaning off time just depends on how high your dose was to start with. And, yes, Effexor made me constipated, too...after years of IBS-D. I'm glad I'm off it. Did you have the shakes, brain zaps, etc?

#307229 - 05/14/07 02:11 PM
Lisa Marie

Luckily, it's only taken me about three weeks to get off of it and onto Wellbutrin. Hopefully this will be the last one - I want to get pregnant, darn it!!!

I did have withdrawal for a few days and I Just felt really out of it; zoned and dizzy and nauseous... Glad that's over!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Wellbutrin update? new
      #307531 - 05/18/07 08:31 AM
Jordy

Are you tolerating it okay? And is it helping?

Did it make your C or anxiety worse? I hope my doctor agrees to stop mine. It's been 3 months and I'm still more C than before. I don't even know what I would try next.

--------------------

Re: Wellbutrin update? new
      #307615 - 05/19/07 09:45 PM
Lisa Marie

I know you probably don't want to hear this, but so far I LOVE Wellbutrin! I'm still weaning off the Effexor, though. Every time I take my "last dose", no matter how small, I end up with withdrawal. Just going from half of a 75 mg pill per day to not taking it made me sick!! So now I'm taking 1/4 of a pill daily. Geez!! Hopefully I only have a few more days of that, then I'll be free of it! So far I haven't noticed any problems with it - and no more sexual side effects! Yippee!! I'm hoping to be off ADs by the end of the year, for good!

As for C, I have drastically reduced my NC. When I was on the Effexor, I took about 2 tablespoons per day, now I only take about 2 teaspoons! Big difference! I can't believe how much the Effexor was making my C worse.

I'm so sorry the W isn't working for you! Amazing how it can work amazingly well for one person, and be awful for another. I wish I could help you!! Which ones have you tried now?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Re: Wellbutrin update? new
      #307725 - 05/21/07 12:12 PM
Jordy

No! I'm happy it's working for you!!! Maybe I'm just blaming the bad C on the Wellbutrin. Although, after doing a search on it, I have seen others have had the same experience.

Is it increasing your anxiety at all? That was another thing I thought it was causing.

I have tried numerous ADs. Either didn't help or couldn't handle the side effects.

--------------------

ANTIDEPRESSANT HELL!! new
      #308243 - 05/31/07 01:07 PM
Lisa Marie

I've been MIA for the last week or so because I've been in AD hell as you can see from my subject. I finally stopped taking the Effexor when I got down to 1/4 of a pill - I couldn't break it up any smaller!! What followed was a week of horrible vertigo and nausea. This started a week ago today. Tuesday the doctor finally said to stop taking the Wellbutrin, too, in case that was part of the problem. So now I'm off of everything, but still not feeling great. I've missed 3.5 days of work and yesterday was my first day out of bed.

Yeah, I'm pissed. I'm pissed because I had NO idea this would happen when trying to get off these meds. I'm more pissed because I haven't been able to function for the last week - and that's very unfair to DH, too. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Today has been a little better than yesterday. I went to work for a few hours yesterday (had a meeting i HAD to go to) and ended up with one of the worst migraines I've ever had. It took TWO maxalts to make it go away (Toady can appreciate that!!). Today, I've already taken another two maxalts, but it does seem to help. Initially, I tried dramamine and valium and NOTHING helped. I finally just knocked myself out with dramamine and slept all day since I couldn't do anything else.

I guess my advice is this: before you take an AD, make sure you know:

1. What the possible initial side effects are
2. What can happen when you try to get off of them later!

I'm just glad I'm off of everything. IBS-wise, I feel great! Even when I was hardly eating because of the nausea, I had a bm every day. I'm down to less than 1 teaspoon of NC each day. When I was on the effexor, I took TWO TABLESPOONS! i probably don't even need it, but i'm not quite confident enough to give it up.

And through all this, my regular doctor has been on vacation, so I've had to deal with doctors who aren't familiar with my situation. Ugh!!

But I think the worst is over. The fact that I've been sitting up for more than half an hour at a time now is HUGE progress.

Anyway, there's my update. It's almost time for another nap....

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Re: ANTIDEPRESSANT HELL!! new
      #308291 - 05/31/07 08:04 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Sorry to hear that you went through all that (another reason to make me want to stay on my Lexapro forever!). It sounds like it took the same trip down as it did up as far as getting your body to adjust. HOpefully you are on the steady end now. Feel better...I know how you feel about being unproductive and missing work, etc. You'll be back on your feet in no time...and yes, thank goodness for the IBS stability so you don't have one more thing to worry about.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

You're not alone!!! new
      #308405 - 06/02/07 02:38 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

I'm so sorry you've had such a rough time. Remember, even though they list all the side effects, every med and every person is different. One person can have absolutely no side effects, and some dreadful ones, FROM the same MED. Also, AD's also work in different parts of the brain, and in different ways, so there's also no telling which one will work for you. It's terrible to go through. I've been switched from med to med I don't know how many times.

It's the unfortunate result of the trial and error and everyone is different syndrome. Hugs to you! Hopefully the worst is over. Try to eat - whatever you can get down right now. Lots of SF - even saltine crackers and water - try not to let your tum get empty - that only worsens the nausea. Lots of nice hot herbal tea, too.

Hang in there, tons of hugs,
A.

--------------------

Re: You're not alone!!! new
      #308478 - 06/03/07 07:19 PM
Lisa Marie

Thanks, guys . I think the worst is finally over. All weekend my vertigo has been mostly gone, but OH, have I had migraines!!! I've been taking 2-3 of my Maxalts every day, but it's worth it as they seem to help quite a bit. I still have felt "weird" the last few days, a little dizzy and out of it. I tried to do some abs exercises on my fitness ball over the weekend - didn't have much balance! I'm sure I'll get a good butt kicking in abs class tomorrow since I haven't done much in the last two weeks.

Tomorrow will be day 7 of no Wellbutrin. The pharmacist said it could take up to a week to get it all out of my system. They weren't kidding!! But I forced myself to get out and do some gardening and walking over the weekend and the fresh air certainly made me feel better.

I know it's impossible to tell how an AD will affect you; I guess it's just frustrating as I've never taken something that's had such an impact on me like that. Hopefully I'm off them for good now. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel even better - praying for no migraines!! They are just so debilitating. I just wish the last remaining bits of dizziness would go away. At least I haven't had nausea since last week.

Thanks for letting me vent. As always, I appreciate all of your support!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 941 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18925

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review