All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Does this mean you suggest.... new
      #305887 - 04/25/07 05:15 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I would say if the effexor is working for you, there's no real reason to go off it. The wellbutrin just compliments it nicely, and works in a DIFFERENT way than the effexor. All I'm saying is that it was a good combination for me, so if your Doc is encouraging you to try it, then consider it.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

No idea, honey. new
      #305888 - 04/25/07 05:18 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Sorry, I would check with your Doc. I do know that for me, if I'm depressed/anxious, my D is worse. If the Wellbutrin can help you feel less depressed or anxious, than it may just even HELP ease your D, if depression/anxiety/stress are triggers for you.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Need AD advice: Effexor, Wellbutrin and side effects new
      #305926 - 04/26/07 09:23 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Wow... I hope I see the same results on Wellbutrin! I mean, my libido has been somewhat MIA for quite awhile now, but certain things have become more "difficult" if you know what I mean! And the Effexor definitely made my C worse.

I think you are right; I think Lexapro is an anti-anxiety med whereas Effexor is an AD.

My doc has me on 75 mg each of Effexor and Wellbutrin twice daily for a week. I seem to be tolerating the Wellbutrin okay, so it's just a matter of waiting for it to work now!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: Does this mean you suggest.... new
      #305927 - 04/26/07 09:25 AM
Lisa Marie

Yes, the Effexor works for my depression, but I just can't handle the side effects anymore (neither can DH!). I'm now in the process of stepping down the Effexor and stepping up the Wellbutrin, but my doc did say I can stay on the minimum Effexor dose for awhile if I want to once I get up to the proper dose of Wellbutrin. I might do that for awhile and see how it goes...

Thanks!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Lisa Marie..... new
      #306260 - 05/01/07 07:11 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

How are you tolerating the Wellbutrin?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Jordy... new
      #306325 - 05/01/07 01:04 PM
Lisa Marie

Ugh... funny you should ask. I started taking it last Friday (I'm taking it and Effexor at the same time; weaning off the Effexor) and my C has already been worse (Go ahead, say "I told you so!"). I'm hoping it's just because I'm taking two ADs at the same time, and that it will get better when I change my dosage tomorrow. Yesterday, I was so bloated and "backed up" that my pants barely fit. This morning, I looked pregnant. I finaly caved this morning and used one of my Fleet suppositories, and that helped.

I'm not giving up! But today is a very depressing, frustrating day. I just want to be NORMAL and FEEL GOOD!! Why is that so difficult??

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Lisa Marie... new
      #306387 - 05/02/07 07:28 AM
Jordy

Taking both those drugs is most likely making things worse for you! Wait until you are on just the Wellbutrin to get a better sense of how things will be.

I still take Wellbutrin. I saw my doctor Monday, and voiced my concern about the C. He told to me try to not link the C to the drug and just take it and not "psych myself up" expecting C. Hard for me to do since I obsess about most things.

So, I told him I would try it for another month. I have been so bad the last 2 days (and so far today). Maybe it is all in my mind. Maybe I would be C anyhow. I don't know. We can be each others cheerleader...well, if I don't bail out!

Quote:

I'm not giving up! But today is a very depressing, frustrating day. I just want to be NORMAL and FEEL GOOD!! Why is that so difficult??

I totally am right there with you, sweetie. Isn't pooping suppose to be a natural thing, like breathing? Where it just happens without thinking about it? Remember when we were kids....did you ever worry about having a BM?

--------------------

BTW new
      #306388 - 05/02/07 07:33 AM
Jordy

Do you have success with Calcium? If so, HOW??????? I HAVE to take it.

--------------------

Re: Lisa Marie... new
      #306392 - 05/02/07 08:15 AM
Lisa Marie

Thanks, hon! I'm hoping that once I'm just on the Wellbutrin things will calm down. But I might also agree with your doctor; I was paranoid about C going into it... I managed to have a pretty good BM this morning (thanks to an extra large dose of NC last night), so I'm happy about that!! Yay! I feel skinny again today, and my pants fit.

Today I changed my dose to 150 mg of Wellbutrin in the morning, and in the evening I'll take 75 mg each of Wellbutrin and Effexor. After another five days, I'll eliminate the Effexor and take 150 mg of Wellbutrin twice daily. How much are you taking?

Yeah, I'm kinda wondering what my bowels would be like if I wasn't on any ADs! They help my depression, but now I can't wait to be done with them. I'll hang in there if you do!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Re: BTW new
      #306393 - 05/02/07 08:16 AM
Lisa Marie

Nope, I gave up on it long ago. Even a small amount of the citrate form made my C worse. I make sure I get enough from rice and soy milk, and my multi-vitamin.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 383 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19068

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review