All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Michele new
      #305486 - 04/20/07 03:48 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I seem to be late coming into this. I am so sorry that on top of everything else you have to go through this too with Will. Men can be such jerks sometimes and mix alcohol on top of the normal day to day men stuff and sometimes there is trouble.

I think it sounds like the two of you have a plan to start making things right again between you. It is a good idea for him to go to your doctor appts. with you. Then he has an active interest in your care and he can hear first hand what the dr is saying or planing.

I'm sure that it is difficult for him to watch someone he loves feeling so sick but there is nothing he can do. I agree that he probably needed an outlet but you are not the right person for that. You have enough to deal with.

I pray that the new treatments will help you. It sounds like the doctors are trying to figure out what is going on and hope they hurry up. I know you are tired of feeling sick and being in pain.

You are an amazing person to be able to deal with all of this every day and still go to work and try to live a normal life. I really do admire you and your courage.

Hugs sweetie,

--------------------
Janey

Edited by Janey (04/20/07 03:49 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thanks Janie new
      #305518 - 04/20/07 10:18 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

He has been really nice since then so I think he knows he really messed up!

I am feeling a little better today. Not great but improved so I am hopeful all these new treatments are starting to work! I also bought a pair of those diabetic type compression stockings, very expensive, but my feet feel a bit better today and they are supposed to help with some of the swelling as well.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: thanks carolynjoy and chrsitine new
      #305519 - 04/20/07 10:21 AM
michele

Our relationship definitely needs some work but I think we are both willing to give it another try! Thanks for the kind words.

--------------------

Re: Please, send hugs new
      #305523 - 04/20/07 10:30 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

oooo that's sooooo ggrrrrr I have no other words. I really do try to be understanding and unjudgemental (try lol) but that is so insensitive! I mean does he think you like being in pain???
ok I'm just totally grumping here cos I'm in that sort of mood not cause it's anything like you and blondie's situations but I went to get a mole checked out at hospital yesterday and was telling my friend about it he was like 'oh it's probably nothing' so yeah that's fine he's trying to reassure me but it's a day since I went and he hasn't even asked me how it went!! ( I've been talking to him on msn for the last 10 mins - NO MENTION from him) it was insignificant the Dr said but still I mean I was referred by my GP and it COULD have been something and it's like well don't you even care?? ggrrrr
sorry I'm just in one of those moods I suppose
I really hope everything is working out for you Michele that totally sucks how he's treating you
xxx

Re: Thank you everyone new
      #305526 - 04/20/07 10:45 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I'm glad he apologized and is willing to compromise. That's a really good sign! I'm not sure about waiting for counseling until you feel better...It just seems that now is the time to get support -- not just for your relationship, but for yourself. I hope it's not out of place for me to suggest that, because I realize I don't know about your day-to-day life and I can't fully understand how much pain you're in. I just don't want you to feel alone or helpless!

Again: MORE HUGS! And I hope these new treatments work for you.

#305543 - 04/20/07 02:02 PM
michele

No worries Maria, I value your judgement and advice and you are right, I know I shouldn't wait. Its just that its a half hour drive from my office, an hour there and by time I get home, its after 8:30. Most days, its all I can do to drive home after work the exhaustion is so bad. However, I am starting to feel better so if this continues into next week, I will definitely call and make an appt!

--------------------

#305550 - 04/20/07 03:23 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Quote:

However, I am starting to feel better

I'm SO glad you're starting to feel better. I hope it continues.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Michelle- new
      #306515 - 05/04/07 06:15 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I've been offline a bit.. I hope that the appt on the 1st held good news.. it sounds like you both need to go to the therapist.. he has some built up anger and frustrations- not neccesarily at you but at the situation and taking it out on you was wrong.. but if he's willing to realize there is a problem and get help and maybe help you work on this more hands on it will not be a bad thing.. I hope it all works out... so sorry to hear you may be losing your job over this, I know you love that job!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Please, send hugs new
      #306530 - 05/04/07 09:53 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I am so sorry you have to go through all of this! Your in my thoughts & prayers. You do what you think is right for you no matter what that may be. Just please rember how much your single quote has help me! Stay strong and rember you can always look up when you need help! God bless lots of hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Emmasmom
ibs-c

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2092 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10451

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review