Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Please, send hugs new
      #305356 - 04/18/07 05:14 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

First request answered:

((((((((((((HHHHHUUUUUGGGGGSSSS)))))))))))))))))))))))

Second, OMG!!!! I had to read your post twice to see if I read it right the first time. I skimmed it at work today while my asst. was away from her desk (trying to set the good example, no surfing at work). I cannot believe what Will is saying!!! Was he hit on the head recently and is suffering from amnesia? OMG!!!! I read what you go through everyday and how strong a person you are that you haven't completely just melted down and given up. Doesn't he see that? I'm just having trouble getting my head around this, I can't imagine how you feel.

Thomas and I often discuss things that happen here on the board, he can't believe this either!! He knows there are limitations on our relationship, but he accepts that, and he understands, even if he doesn't like it. He loves me no matter what. I thought Will loved you the same, how heart wrenching to just read this post!! You poor sweetheart!! I'd love to run right down there and just hug you!!! You have been through so much, physically and emotionally, I just don't get it! You are doing everything humanly possible to get better! I've said it before, if I only had a magic wand I'd wave it over you.

Sorry, I'm just flabberghasted...

Love you Michele and I'm here if you need me. I know it's not the same as being there in person to support you, but I'll do my darndest by email!!

I'm going away tomorrow at noon so I won't be online for 10 days, if there is a computer at the resort I will try and check in.

I can only continue to pray for the best for you...

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#305363 - 04/18/07 06:02 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Michele-
**hugs** I am so sorry that you now have to deal with this. Men can be so insensitive sometimes. Maybe he was just having a bad moment?? Anyways it still doesn't make what he said right. Please hang in there. I know we haven't talked in awhile on the phone but you still have my number right? Call me if you would like to talk. You are a great person who doesn't deserve to go through all of this. There are people who care about you and are here if you need anything so try not to feel alone and reach out to us whenever you need to. And ohh just thinking back to what he said makes me feel like screaming! Does he really think you like not knowing what is going on with your health?? Try to keep the lines of communication open with him. Even if you feel like throwing something at him!!!

#305368 - 04/18/07 06:27 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Wow, he's being a big jerk right now. Since he wants to know what's wrong and how can it be fixed, you need to drag him to the doctor(s) you're seeing right now and have them discuss it with him. If he doesn't want to go, then tell him to either piss in the pot, or get off.

hugs new
      #305385 - 04/18/07 09:11 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I usually try to put myself into everyone's shoes. Find out what they are feeling. Why do they say the things they say? I can think of a hundred reasons why Will is feeling the way he says he feels. HOWEVER, he has no right to say those things to you and HE'S WRONG! He has every right to be frustrated and scared and depressed just like you. But his duty as your husband is to support and love you through whatever may come. We don't promise each other that we'll stay together as long we're healthy and happy and productive. We commit to a lifetime of loyalty, support, and holding the other up when they fall. Love is fun and joyous. Marriage is work. It's worth the work but it doesn't make it any less work. Sometimes it's hard and maybe we think we'd be better off without it. Don't get me wrong. There are instances when people really shouldn't be together. But for most part, I think that when people do things like this it's only because they are frightened and feeling weak.

The only thing you really can do is keep going. I think sometimes we're tested to see how much we can handle before we break. I don't know where you get your strength from but I know you have it. And when it comes to sink or swim, you will ALWAYS swim. You're a strong lady. And for all of us, the only choices are to keep going or lay down and die.

My e-mail is in my profile and, if you ever find yourself on the west coast, your welcome here.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Ahhhh!!! new
      #305402 - 04/19/07 06:42 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

What's with people leaving when you need them the most?!? You're not making yourself sick---but you know that. How on earth can you convince someone else though? I don't know what to say Michele, other than I'm sorry, and I hope Will comes around and realizes his error. We are all imperfect in our own ways, and it's not for us to judge each other for them, only to love each other no matter what.
And forget that fast thing.

Hugs,
Ginger

--------------------

#305408 - 04/19/07 07:46 AM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

((((((HUGS)))))) Michele, you are a wonderfully kind and STRONG woman to have to put up with so much physical and emotional stress. Your husband is probably frustrated because he loves you and hates seeing you sick. I cannot fathom how you put up with so much stuff, but remember that you have friends that are here for you and are ready to open up their doors and hearts to you when you are in need. Stay Strong. Youll Make It.

Re: Thank you everyone new
      #305410 - 04/19/07 08:31 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Some of your replies made me smile, I am glad to know I am not being unreasonable here. We did not speak at all yesterday. I had to be at the clinic at 2, took almost 2 hours to get the iv in but they got it, I lost track of how many times it took though. I am black and blue and swelled up from all the veins blowing. But, got the "juice." Than had a hour of massage therapy and an hour of something called sms, its an electrical zappy thing, sorta like an overgrown tens unit but is supposed to reset the sympathetic nervous system.

It was after 7pm when I got home and I was dreading walking in the door. However, Will got up right away and greeted me with a hug and an "I'm sorry." He said something to the effect of us having our first fight, we have been together for over 8 years. I looked at him and said you are joking right? That was a bit more than just a typical martial fight!!!!

I told him I had gotten some info on a few apartments and he seemed a bit shocked. I told him he had said some REALLY nasty things and that I do not ever want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with me. He apologized again and said he does love me. I point blank asked him if he wanted out of the relationship and he said no but he was hesitant.

I am not sure how I feel about it all. He isn't perfect (who is though) and there are some other issues. I do love him but I guess I would say that I am not IN love with him at the moment.

He promised to be more sympathetic and I promised to be not so grumpy even when I hurt all the time. I know money isn't a reason to stay together but it would mean financial ruin for both of us.

I think we are just going to take it easy and not make any rash decisions at the moment. He promised there isn't anyone else or anything like that and I do believe him there.

Not to make any excuses for his behavior as there are none hut he was drinking, which he has been doing a lot of lately. Usually he isn't a mean drunk at all, usually he gets all mushy but maybe all this had just pent up and he drank enough to have the courage or lack of discretion and just let it all out. His mother died of breast cancer when he was young, I think he was 10. He does not deal with sickness well at all.

I think I probably could get him to go to counseling with me but first, I have to have the strength. Right now, I am too tired both mentally and physically. I just feel very numb about it all right now.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed that the new treatments I am doing will help. Will did promise to go to my appt with the rheumy May first and the appt at the pain clinic when I get my spinal injections which is May 9th. I am supposed to have the iv infusions every month and I am about 2 weeks into the yeast medication. I am still doing the acupuncture, massage therapy and now this new sms treatment. I am also starting a new medication tonight, forgot what its called I dropped it off at the pharmacy, but its supposed to help reduce the fluid in my body and hopefully reduce some of the swelling. My blood pressure and pulse are very high as well and my chest hurts and the nurse said I have fluid built up in my chest cavity and that this new medication should help. I am also supposed to buy those old lady or diabetic socks. The ones you get at the pharmacy that are super tight to try and push some of the fluid out of my feet as my toes are numb from the swelling and I can not tie my shoes anymore. I recently switched from zoloft to cymbalta and they upped the dose of that. I am still doing my humira shots weekly for the ra and I am down to 4mg of the prednisone. I need to get off the prednisone completely but it sends me into a flare so I have to do it very slowly. I also started an adrenal supplement last week and a dhea supplement this week. SOMETHING has gotta work! Taking the pain pills on a schedule seems to help better than just taking them when it gets super bad.

Ok, thinks thats about it. Luckily my boss isn't in today so it should be pretty calm at work but its going to be a very long day.

Thanks everyone for their support. I hate being such a drama queen. In fact, I would love to have nothing to post about. I guess for now, lets just hope that I can post soon that I am feeling better.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Thank you everyone new
      #305443 - 04/19/07 02:12 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I'm sure that Will is just as frazzled over you being sick as you are. Sometimes it's more difficult to watch someone who is ill rather than be ill yourself.

While he should be supportive and try his best to help you, he also needs an outlet. He chose unwisely to make you the outlet this time.

I think counseling is a good idea if he is willing.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#305461 - 04/19/07 06:01 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

(((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

I'm a little late to enter this conversation, but I am happy to read that Will apologized for the cruel things he said. It seems like it was a highly inappropriate expression of his frustration. Men like to fix things, so I'm sure it hurts him that he can't fix your pain. He likely dealt with those emotions in a really inappropriate way.

I am hoping and praying that you two will see your way through this.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#305479 - 04/19/07 10:01 PM
Carolynjoy1228

Reged: 04/12/07

It's hard to offer advice at a time like this. From your post, it seems like you need to find a new living situation. Someone so unsupportive will only bring you down further. But I understand that it may not be possible currently. Please know that my thoughts are with you. I can relate to having a partner who just doesn't understand and is critical of everything you do. For me, that needed to end. Is there anyone else you can reach out to in your area? You shouldn't be dealing with this hell all alone.

Carolyn

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 138 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10451

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review