All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Sleep deprived, IBS not good and other things......
      #305284 - 04/18/07 06:50 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I can not wait for summer break. Ever since Easter we have all been sick at our house. Ava is not sleeping through the night anymore either. She wakes up @ 10:45pm right when I am ready to go to bed and will cry. There is nothing wrong with her because every time I pick her up she stops. I have tried letting her cry it out but some nights it takes up to 45 minutes and it is torture listening to her. I am having such a hard time falling back to sleep and am only averaging 5 hours a night. Working full time right now is killing me. Plus my stomach is just in a tizzy. I am so C right now I can't stand it. I went to a new doc over spring break and he gave me miralax to try. Michele I know you have used it before did it work? Also does it make you crampy? I am debating on when to take it because I don't want to get an attack while working!

The daycare the kids are at is bugging me a bit. They have changed people in Ava's room twice now since she has been there. It makes it hard to get into a routine when they keep changing people. One woman gave Ava 14ounces of formula at one feeding. She said "Well most babied stop when they are full!" My kids never have. Anyways sorry to rant but just needed to get some things off my chest.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sleep deprived, IBS not good and other things...... new
      #305290 - 04/18/07 08:36 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Hey Angela! Sorry you are dealing with C. I still really haven't had TOO much trouble since Mia was born, occasionally bloated, but no C, thank goodness. Possibly my increased caffeine intake helps with that. I totally hear you on the sleep deprivation, although Mia is a great sleeper now. Down by 8, up around 6. Naps are erratic, but she takes them. On weekends if my husband and I stay up later, we take turns getting up early. I'll get up for a few hours, let him sleep in and then I nap while he takes care of the baby. It works. How old is Ava? Could she be going through a growth spurt, or teething? Mia has no teeth yet! And she is getting over her first cold as well, I use this vicks vapo-night light thing in her room and it helps, and since I got her cold, at night I've been spending more time rocking her before bed just so I can get some of the benefits too.

Well, take care of yourself. And hope Daycare gets better! We are lucky that my brother's girlfriend (who adores Mia, and vice versa) comes to our house for the 2 days I'm gone. 14 oz!! That's insane!!

--------------------

#305293 - 04/18/07 09:16 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Sorry to hear things are going so poorly. I don't know anything about children, but I do have experience with miralax. I take two doses a day. I take one first thing in the morning. And one around 5 pm - about an hour before dinner. Miralax is very gentle. It has never given me any kind of gas or cramps. It did take 4 or 5 days to start working for me, though. So I would start it asap if I were you. And it doesn't make things really urgent/explosive. It's not like over the counter laxitives. It's not a stimulant. It just helps your colon absorb more water. So be sure you drink LOTS of water when you're taking it. That will really help. I usually get around 100 oz. a day. But then again I take 2 doses...and everyone is different. I would start it right away. Try taking it first thing in the morning. I think that is what most people do. It should help make things softer and easier to pass. HTH.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#305297 - 04/18/07 10:08 AM
Angela E.

Thanks Ginger! I know that my C is a direct result of too much stress right now. Ava is almost five months old. I was wondering about the teething since Noah got his first 2 when he was six months old. However her cries aren't ones that sound like she is in pain. I am hoping it's just a phase and it will pass. The kids are only at daycare 3 days a week and then my mom keeps them one day and my hubby stays home with them on Fridays. I know that they say some babies have trouble sleeping when they hit a milestone like rolling over. Well she is trying to do that right now. In fact I took the wedge out of her crib because she was moving so much she would get herself caught in the side of the crib. I am wondering if when she learnd to roll over that she will like sleeping on her tummy instead of her back. Oh well anyways the joys of mommyhood!! They are so worth it though!

#305298 - 04/18/07 10:11 AM
Angela E.

Thanks Mary! I think I am going to start it tonight because the stress right now is doing such a number on me. I have read about your struggle with getting pregnant and I really hope that things work out for you. All the sleep deprivation new moms experience is really worth it!

#305301 - 04/18/07 10:15 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Thanks. I am ready to fully embrace every ache, pain, and bit of sleepyness that comes with being a mother Hopefully our first round of IVF will be successful. I'm sure I'll post more about it when that starts (end of June). Until then I just wait :P

Good luck with the miralax. Like I said, it can take a few days to work, so be patient. And be sure to mix it in with something that is flavored (like koolaid). Just miralax and water tastes really gross...at least in my opinion. And it takes a couple minutes for it to dissolve. I actually dissolve some in water in the am. And then mix my citrucel into the same glass and drink them together. For my afternoon dose I use koolaid.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#305316 - 04/18/07 11:43 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Mia started rolling at 5.5 months, but still no sleeping on the stomach, and I had wondered the same thing. I can tell she wants to crawl, but hasn't made the move to lift her legs yet. Now she just rolls to get around, and turns while on her stomach, it's funny. Right now when I go to get her in the morning or after a nap, she's usually way up in the corner, she does this scooting then when she's on her back and scoots until she can't scoot anymore!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2786 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1416

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review