All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Relationships huh? Another one bites the dust... new
      #305313 - 04/18/07 11:22 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Wow! I'm really sorry to hear this. I remember when he came on the boards looking for a way to support you and help you. It's scary to think how someone can change so much. I think you've really impressed us all with the way you're handling this and how far you've come in managing your IBS.

Big hugs and best wishes.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Update new
      #305320 - 04/18/07 11:56 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Ach, poor you! I think you'd get a bit of comfort and solidarity by reading http://www.breakupgirl.net - she really captures that swirl of feelings that come with a breakup. I remember when I broke up with my abusive live-in: even though I instigated it and he was a real sh*t, I still spent the summer in tears!

It's crappy, but you'll get through it. And even though I did spend that summer in tears, I also had a lot of fun in between the weepy times.

--AC

Update #2 new
      #305323 - 04/18/07 12:25 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Sent him a text, asking him straight out, if he'd met someone else.

Sent it 5 hours ago I think. Heard nothing.

I wasn't believing what I was told at all, I just can't imagine it of him, I truly believed when I looked in his eyes I would've known if he'd so much as looked at someone else. I still trust that what we had was what we said it was, I trust it was very deep love and I trust what we shared. But if it isn't true, why on earth would he not text back? Why would he not want to put my mind at rest, and stop any risk of me hurting unneccessarily?

Don't know what to think, but disappointed in him as a person again.

Why am I so very surprised?

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Re: Relationships huh? Another one bites the dust... new
      #305347 - 04/18/07 03:41 PM
Lumiere

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: New England

I am soooooo sorry you are going through this.
Your story sounds eeerily familiar to a relationship I had that ended when I was 23. I dated him for 6 years, and I too felt an absence of emotion when it did end. It ultimately didn't work because I was constantly fighting opposong values. Do you know what your values are? (not trying to sound condescending)
I dealt with it by making myself busy with work, taking up interests I postponed because of him, got my old self back, spent time with girlfriends, cut my hair because he only liked long, held my head high and kept a journal and dissected everything....I looked at it a couple of years later and could not believe the change in myself.(for the better)I asked myself: What did I learn from this? I did alot of reflecting.
You are intelligent, funny, gorgeous, kind....you won't be alone for long. I firmly believe you attract what YOU ARE, and something that reflects who you are as a person will be more suited to you. It sounds like you deserve and want more of a connection with someone.
Hugs....Wish I could take you out for a pint or two....

"When you change the way you look at things,
The things you look at change." (Dr Dyer)

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

Blondie new
      #305359 - 04/18/07 05:23 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

You have my email, and I'm online here lots too, anytime you need my friendship. I've been through the terrible relationship before and made it back to where I am today, happily married. I don't always have good advice, but I'm happy to listen and offer support.

Hope your afternoon went better and you were able to distract yourself a little.

Take care of you, if I don't get online while I'm away, talk to you April 30th.

(((((HUGS))))))

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

If I'm not too late... new
      #305382 - 04/18/07 08:49 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Don't seek the answer. It won't fix anything and can only hurt you more if it isn't what you want to hear.

You're going to wonder and question and probably demand for quite some time. It's normal and needs to be done. It's just part of the process.

People move in and out of our lives and there is nothing we can do about it. We don't have the power to make them want the things we want. We just have to accept that some things are the way they are. And make the best of the things we can change.

If you have heard back from him, I hope you heard what you needed to. If you didn't, as always, we're here for you.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 864 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6341

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review