All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Working from home...NEED ADVICE
      #304549 - 04/11/07 05:06 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

I was wondering if anyone knows of any work from home jobs that are not scams. I see so many online jobs...filling out surveys, data entry, etc. that sound good, but they also sound too good to be true. I am really sick of my current job and want to find something else. But I need something temporary and very flexible (b/c of health and upcoming IVF). So I figured that doing some kind of work from home job would be ideal. I just don't know which sites to trust, though. There are so many. So I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with one? I don't want to do a home sales type thing. Just something I can do on my computer as much or as little as I want. TIA for any advice/experience you can give!

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Working from home...NEED ADVICE new
      #304672 - 04/12/07 06:19 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Have you heard of LiveOps?

http://www.liveops.com/

Dull work, and probably not very challenging, but you can set your hours. I've heard good things (from reading message boards) about it. But haven't checked into it too much.

Check out www.brainfuse.com. You tutor kids online.

Don't know why I didn't email these to you earlier!

Have you checked into medical transcripting? Do you think one of the career tech centers around here would have courses?

--------------------
~jules

#304675 - 04/12/07 06:29 AM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

If you were interested in maintaining a career working from home, may I suggest Health Information Management. Graduates from the program have the opportunity to code for hospitals and Physican Offices from home, plus transcriptionsts often work from home. A lot of the HIM career schools are offered online. Im a graduate from a Registered Health Information Managment Program and took all my classes online. Its very hard for me to work outside of home because the ibs. Regarding scams, I do not trust half the work at home websites that come up in search engines. A lot of them require your credit card number and I would be weary of these. Maybe you could check with a job agency and find legitamate ones. HTH

HIM new
      #304679 - 04/12/07 06:35 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Does it allow a liveable income?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#304704 - 04/12/07 08:40 AM
Mary_V

Thanks. That sounds like a possibility. I think after doing a decent amount of searching I've realized that working from home is not very easy to do. I'll probably look for a regular job that has flexibility. I got some decent leads from a friend today. We'll see.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#304705 - 04/12/07 08:40 AM
Mary_V

I think I'm going to give up on the work from home job for now. Maybe down the road. I'll tell you about it tonight

--------------------
~Mary

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 434 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2182

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review