All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Re Acupuncture update new
      #303531 - 03/29/07 01:43 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

your posts sound so down, Michelle, I am so sorry to read that.. I wish there was something I could do.. I can definitely invite you guys over here if you're up to it, but me going ANYWHERE is going to be a bit- I pulled a stitch in my foot overdoing things on Tues, and I am now off my feet until NEXT Thurs.. except for potty runs, etc.. its driving me nuts.. I can't imagine going through what you are I'm having such problems with this.. but then again I have severe ADD and have no patience for sitting still- never have.. I've always done something else while watching tv, etc..

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Have you seen my brain??? new
      #303536 - 03/29/07 02:05 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Is this normal, to feel this totally out of it after acupuncture????? I mean, I see something, I read it, it does not even register, let alone process!!! Can't think in complete sentences or thoughts. Seeing trails and colors. At work, afraid to drive home. Pretty, shiny, oh, nothing is there. I am losing it. Did one of those needles pierce my brain? Furry thing running around, oh, its my dog. Can't drink water, runs down face as if lips are numb. I am at work, am I supposed to be doing something??? How am I going to get home? I am soo wrong.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#303542 - 03/29/07 02:39 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Michele,

(((((Hugs)))))

My heart absolutely breaks for you. I applaud your courage to speak your pain, yet I am so sad that you're experiencing it. Please do not give up!

Re: acupuncture-- The first few sessions might actually aggravate some of your symptoms, but then they should start to improve. In my experience, it took more like eight to ten sessions, but hopefully you'll see improvement within your six session time frame.

I sometimes felt a little spacey or tired afterward, but not quite what you're describing. That's what makes me think it's the initial aggravating of conditions before things improve. At least you can tell it's having an impact, right?

(((((Hugs)))))

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#303544 - 03/29/07 03:27 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Wow, some kind of a reaction!! I don't know if it is good or bad though!! I have heard of people experiencing euphoria after hypnosis and acupuncture, but not spacey, out-of-it. A friend of mine did hypnosis for weight loss and they told her not to make any major decisions or purchases for up to 8 hours after a session. Maybe acu has the same kind of effect.

I sure hope this works. You have no idea how many times I wish for a cure for you everyday! We may only be site-pals, but seeing what you go through is nearly unbearable as a distant friend, you amaze me everyday that you are still toughing it out.

Sorry the physio wasn't more beneficial. I found my pt very helpful, but I don't have 1 - 100th of the pain you experience.

Just reading back - you mom is ill too? Has anyone ever looked at you and your mom's dna or chromosomes to see if they can find a link? Just a thought.

Hope you made it home safely, and have a good night's sleep.

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: PT update new
      #303545 - 03/29/07 03:30 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

You poor darlin', I wish you could run back to Mexico, too, and just soak in that warm water everyday. It seems like all of the poking and prodding and testing just makes things worse for you. What do you think would happen if you just quit doing all of it?

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#303547 - 03/29/07 03:40 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Quote:

A friend of mine did hypnosis for weight loss and they told her not to make any major decisions or purchases for up to 8 hours after a session.

That seems kinda weird to me. I always feel very grounded and clear headed after hypno. I know that's only my reaction to it and everyone's different but it seems strange that they would say that. I can see it being a problem if a person doesn't come entirely out of a hypnotic state, but you can easily pull yourself out of that state, even in the middle of hypno.

Hmmm...interesting.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Acu reaction new
      #303563 - 03/29/07 06:49 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

The needles could have stimulated your sympathetic nerve response, which will make your pain meds work harder. I think you're having a reaction to your pain meds.

I get like this if I've had a particularily painful bout of D. It makes my vicodin kick in harder, which gives me what sounds exactly like what you're going through!! Good luck, and I hope you get a chance to chill tonight..

~nelly~

Re: Re Acupuncture update new
      #303576 - 03/29/07 07:08 PM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

My prayers are with you Michelle!
Debbie IBS-C

Re: PT update new
      #303599 - 03/30/07 07:36 AM
michele

Well, I tried the ignore it, it'll go away approach and well, it doesn't so while the poking and prodding does make me hurt worse I hope its getting me closer to a dx and a fix.

--------------------

Re: Chrisitine new
      #303600 - 03/30/07 07:38 AM
michele

That's how I was thinking of it, at least it is doing SOMETHING. I will admit I was very skeptical so I am happy that I felt something. I will also admit I feel better today than I have the past few days. I also went to bed at 7:30 last night!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 379 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 30726

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review