All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
still alive
      #302602 - 03/19/07 07:37 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

no time to post but since nobody's asked i'd better just say hi if you're interested.
moving out from this house in a few weeks because it's been torture, finances are a nightmare, almost divorced, dating a sweet new guy and got a job from spring break to the end of the year. lots on the go.

there's plenty more if anyone's interested.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hi! new
      #302603 - 03/19/07 07:45 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I wondered how you were doing. Sounds like you have a ton of stuff going on!

Yep new
      #302604 - 03/19/07 07:48 PM
_Willow

and I'm 99% miserable right now because it's so tough getting by, financially, emotionally, and moving in with my MOTHER ina month is brutal. There's been allegations of child abuse by my ex's parents, so much awful going on that I can barely stand it. I can't wait for life to bloody settle doen, for it to get nice outside, and for things to just be the way they are supposed t be.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Yep new
      #302606 - 03/19/07 08:23 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

It's nice to hear from you. Sorry things aren't going so great. How could your ex's parents even suggest abuse on your part after all that their loser, derelict son has done? Shame on them. You stay tough, and things will get better for you.

#302611 - 03/19/07 10:08 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Quote:

There's been allegations of child abuse by my ex's parents

Where's they get that from?! It never fails to amaze me how low people go when they're mad. I'm sorry that you have to deal with this. Hang in there.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: still alive new
      #302616 - 03/20/07 04:58 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

It's good to see you, sorry you are going through sooo much!! And I remember moving back in with my mother - Good Luck.

Your ex-in-laws must be crazy, drugged, angry, or all of the above!! I hope that settles soon too!! You definately don't need this nonsense!!

Take care!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

good to see you! new
      #302633 - 03/20/07 09:56 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

glad things are going well...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: still alive new
      #302634 - 03/20/07 10:15 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

hi... sorry life is so crazy for you.... things will get better...just try to think of the positive, I know it's hard... but there are good things about your life... your child and you still family to turn to when things get hard. {{hugs}}

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Here's the horror story(stories) in graphic detail. new
      #302673 - 03/20/07 05:34 PM
_Willow

So Kayleigh had a couple bladder infections. i had the doctor check her out to make sure there was no possible reason that she might be abused. Nope, she came out fine. the reason I did this was because the ex inlaws had suggested maybe I might choose child molesters to date.

Yes, of course. that was back in the fall.

Now fast forward to a month ago where I tell the ex inlaws this, to ease her INSANE mind. My daughter doesn't go NEAR anyone I date, let alone would I allow them to be alone with her before a ton of trust was established.

So they assume I mean that my ex is molesting his kid. Get real. Or that her grandfather is. OMG.

Then I blow up, apologize, then a BUNCh of stuff that'd been held in for a year came out of her mouth(mother out law) that were warped interpretations of what I'd said. Also there's worries that because my daughter has met two of the people I've dated this year(one of them not my fault if you recall, my ex basically BROKE in my house with Kayleigh...) that I must be allowing my daughter to watch me have sex or something...??

So anyhow, she has this other bladder infection, meds aren't finished because the ex forgot to send them home... and then it appears to recur when the MIL is watching her, and suggesting that maybe it hurts at the end? Anyhow, there were two doctor visits-one where no test was done but meds were prescribed, and one where test was done and meds prescribed, but test came back negative.

In the meantime, at the last instance, I was too busy and got home too late to fill the last scroipt the day OF the last diagnosis...and the day after it was pure madness and I ran out of time. Dropped K off at the ex's with the girlfriend who proceeded to rag me out about the script nmot being filled....then i said it was hectic, if you need it anytime, and you notice her in pain, tell me, and I'll bring it over.
THEN the next day as I came back from dropping the meds at my daughter's dads, Igot an email saying how dare I make that choice to possibly abuse, sterilize or kill my daughter by denying her meds?

Might I add her father and I agreed on which course to take and we were fine. His GIRLFRIEND meddled, his MOTHER meddled. HE got incredibly mad.At them.

Turns out she had no infection so mom's instincts were correct. it's an emotional reaction to all the change in her life, as I had tried to explain. it has since all but disappeared(the crying, the wetting, everything) since it's not been given ATTENTION.

BUT NO, the special education (read:psychologically trained)teacher definitely doesn't know as well as the unwed pregnant teenage kid from a Jerrry Springer family, right?

My God.

We had it out and I laid my boundaries HARD on the ex monster in law. All is almost well now but she and the girlfriend got the message LOUD and CLEAR from us-DO NOT INTERFERE.

That's a couple of about 30 examples of this. I think he's getting now that he didn't have it sooooo bad after all. Oh well, I'm loooooong gone.

I will be filing this week as soon as I'm done writing the extra do-overs. it's insanity because my roommate is horrible and sort of abusive to me(and sometimes to kayleigh too) and I hide down here....thankfully I have family and i'm back in touch with some great friends, not to mention that Clancy I dated has turned out to be the best friend i've ever had.

And this boyfriend-it's only been three weeks but i ADORE HIM!!! I soooo hope he goes long term but this time I ahve my head screwed on straight. It's all about right now and I'm loving each moment and not expecting forever, or even for a long time.(that being said, this one has the best potential so far for that.)

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Here's the horror story(stories) in graphic detail. new
      #302687 - 03/20/07 07:03 PM
hohoyumyum

Quote:

my roommate is horrible and sort of abusive to me(and sometimes to kayleigh too) and I hide down here

I've had roommates like that. I know how it feels, and my parents were pretty abusive so I have a good idea of what it's like to live those types.

I'm so sorry you have to deal with all of this crap. And I'm sorry your daughter has to as well. Poor thing. It's hard enough just being a kid. Anything extra just makes it seem impossible. How old is your daughter now? Is she doing okay?

--------------------

#302770 - 03/21/07 04:28 PM
_Willow

She's four. She's managing pretty well. i hate that my life has become this, because I've been nothing but kind to people my whole life, been good to people, never intentionally hurt anyone. Why do I deserve this all?

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

But things are NOT going well....at all! new
      #302771 - 03/21/07 04:29 PM
_Willow

PLease read my posts!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#302778 - 03/21/07 06:22 PM
hohoyumyum

Quote:

i hate that my life has become this, because I've been nothing but kind to people my whole life, been good to people, never intentionally hurt anyone.

I know exactly how you feel. The only thing I could come up with when I asked myself the same thing was that it's hard to do good when there is so much adversity but I continue to do my best anyhow so that I don't become like the people who gave in to that adversity. I don't want to be reduced to be cruel and pessimistic. I don't want to be the one that causes sorrow for another. Certainly, at times, we will all be disappointing to someone, but I don't want that to be because I didn't try my best not to.

--------------------

I didn't see your other posts before I posted.. new
      #302794 - 03/22/07 05:29 AM
khyricat

sorry girl, sorry to hear things are that bad... but they will hopefully get better soon, *HUG* it sounds like you are doing the right things for your daughter, though finding a better living arrangement might help.. and her father is helping and being supportive with that- MUCH better then what my best friend went through after her divorce!

Amie

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

I wasn't meaning to be snippy new
      #302898 - 03/22/07 10:12 PM
_Willow

hopefully I wasn't construed as such. it's just a tough time. yes, her dad is being better but he's still the guy who left me and impregnated a teenager. there's neverending drama over that part!;P

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#302899 - 03/22/07 10:20 PM
_Willow

Yeah, I suppose you're right. i've suffered enough bloody adversity though. i am done with people shoving me around, and i am mad enough to deal with it now, but it's also damn time that life gives me an opportunity to shine, without forcing a raincloud over my head.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#302900 - 03/22/07 10:33 PM
_Willow

Because if her son isn't perfect, that must mean she isn't either, so therefore she has to make others look even less so.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: I wasn't meaning to be snippy new
      #302902 - 03/23/07 02:55 AM
khyricat

yes, and you weren't.. I've been overly sensitive to a lot, surgery in less then 2 hours has me nervous, scared and my tummy all twisted in knots today...

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

I was apologizing new
      #302955 - 03/23/07 10:26 AM
_Willow

for the way I came across....in the mnessage a few back ...your tone wasn't upsetting at all.

Good luck with surgery.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Any advice on that raincloud??? new
      #303061 - 03/24/07 07:36 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I too am done with being manipulated and insulted. I am trying to do a 180, and not look back. It's so hard when you don't know what's down that new road!!!!!!! How's the new BF? I'm so proud of you for moving on and trying to find happiness again - that must take a ton of courage. I can only imagine it would be so hard to find a good man out there after everything -
E-mail me, OK? I'll give you an update, if you haven't read between the lines here.
XO, A.
PS - DOWN 15 pounds!!!!!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Yoda and Willow new
      #303063 - 03/24/07 08:17 PM
hohoyumyum

Quote:

I too am done with being manipulated and insulted. I am trying to do a 180, and not look back. It's so hard when you don't know what's down that new road!!!!!!!

I've said before that we are, as humans, much stronger and more resilient than we think. I'm going to try to make a long story as short as possible.

My parents were both heavy alcoholics. My father was extremely physically abusive. He quite literally pummeled by brother bloody every day he saw him. And when my brother left home my father started beating on my mom and me. He was always very emotionally abusive with all of us. For some reason, my sister managed to escape the brunt of the physical abuse, maybe because she's the youngest. For years I lived with nothing but fear. Real, paralyzing fear. I can't even begin to describe how that felt. I dreaded days home from school. I was kicked out of the house more times than I can count. I was hit, pushed, slapped, kicked, had stuff thrown at me, constantly reminded that I was a fat, ugly, stupid, selfish b**ch. I stopped eating at 5'7" and 132lbs because I was convinced that I was fat. I didn't eat for a week and at 125lbs my father started giving me a hard time for being too thin. So, I started eating again. I was constantly in fear of the two people who were supposed to protect and love me. I skipped school, stole, vandalized, grew abusive myself towards other people. I started drinking when I was 13.

It goes on and on. I could go through pages of how I grew up.

Now, I have a safe home, a wonderful husband, my mother has sobered up and takes care of herself, I have the best in-laws I could have asked for and certainly I never expected to be so blessed.

Two things happened to help me change myself in to the person I wanted to be and to get me through the darkest time I have yet experienced. And they also taught me that self improvement is endless. We will always be imperfect. But we should all try are darnedest to be the best that we can because the effort counts.

One is a personal, spiritual experience that is mine to keep.

The other was a conscious decision to make myself the person I wanted to be and that no matter how many times my heart was broken I would ALWAYS allow myself to love again. Otherwise, I knew, I would never find real, honest love.

And my point is this: No matter how terrible things seem, no matter how endless, no matter how heavy and burdening they may appear to be, they are NOT forever. And you CAN get through them.

--------------------

Wow! new
      #303227 - 03/26/07 09:04 PM
_Willow

Well babe, if you're going through hell, just keep on going....it's taken me a year to get to this point, and I'm not done rebuilding yet. I am able to say I'm in this onwe with eyes wide open, and not giving my soul and heart to him too early...that being said, I'm full of fidelity to him, won't cheat, but will require a much longer courting period before even CONSIDERING a future, forever.

And he hasn't met Kayleigh yet and it's almost been a month. I let the other two meet her much earlier, and I'm glad I'm holding back, because this one actually feels like a long term one.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Mouth hanging open in awe.... new
      #303228 - 03/26/07 09:10 PM
_Willow

at5 what an amazing spirit you are. I wish I could know what your private thing was...because I've had many momnents over the last year that make that make sense...

I'm still growing and I tell ya, this learning to do it on my own SUCKS but it's so empowering and scary at the same time. I can't wait till I get caught up on bills and thank God my mom(who i never thought would be so compassionate) is helping me with that.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Mouth hanging open in awe.... new
      #303230 - 03/26/07 11:51 PM
hohoyumyum

Quote:

this learning to do it on my own SUCKS but it's so empowering and scary at the same time.

"Empowering"- focus on that one. That will get you through everything. Just remember to balance compassion with empowerment.

--------------------

LOL new
      #303312 - 03/27/07 03:15 PM
_Willow

balance is what i've been preaching lately. Besides that, i'm a compassion junkie so that's no concern!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 331 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10871

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review