All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
How is everyone?
      #302474 - 03/18/07 12:38 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

THe boards are hopping as usual I see so I probably won't make it back through past posts...so I was wondering how everyone is doing? Anything new and exciting to report? Good or bad? Update me guys!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

LOL - Nothing new here new
      #302499 - 03/18/07 06:04 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

At least I don't think so. I don't remember when you were here last! (Really good to see you, btw!)

My dad passed away in November. That's been about the only major thing to happen in my life in the last 6 months, so if you were around for that, you know it all already. LOL Still IBS-stable. Still not working. Um... not selling on Ebay anymore, but am selling on Etsy instead. That's really about it.

So sorry new
      #302500 - 03/18/07 06:17 PM
Vicam

No, I wasn't around then so I'm very sorry to hear about your father...my condolences to you and your family.

Glad to hear that you are still stable, that's great! And I've never heard of Etsy but I hope you are enjoying yourself! I'm not selling on Ebay anymore because I'm working full-time, but I could see myself doing it again.

Re: How is everyone? new
      #302501 - 03/18/07 06:39 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi, Kelly!

How are YOU? We miss you around here?

My big news is that I'm pregnant! We're still very early in (5.5 weeks) but are feeling the requisite excitement, fear, nerves--you name it!

What's your update?

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

So sorry again about your dad Casey... new
      #302529 - 03/19/07 06:03 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I know what you mean- quick update on me-

we had a scare with Bill's mom 2 weeks ago, I'm having minor foot surgery this Fri... and my sewing business is growing via Suggiebay, word of mouth and a few vendor tables at glider get togethers...

I am going back to school as of the first of May, and have a vendor table coming up in July, so for now, nothing is listed online, its just piling up for that, then I'll list anything that doesn't sell in person online after that!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Congratulations!!! new
      #302577 - 03/19/07 02:58 PM
Vicam

That's wonderful! Big congratulations to you

I'm doing well, still wedding planning...just getting by. I finally got an appointment with an ENT through a good friend of mine who pulled some strings so I'm pretty grateful for that, it'll be next week.

I'm working at a new job, I'm a recruiter in HR for a staffing service that hires primarily for Tier 1 automotive companies. It's neat and different and I'm really enjoying it.

Re: So sorry again about your dad Casey... new
      #302578 - 03/19/07 03:01 PM
Vicam

Good luck with the foot surgery and the going back to school

Casey - Etsy vs. eBay new
      #302590 - 03/19/07 05:24 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Do you have better luck with Etsy? I'm pretty frustrated with eBay with price hikes and constant updates and changes. I can't even use their new forms (don't know why and neither do they). I saw your stuff on Etsy and read all their fine print. Looks good. Oh, and you're stuff - love it. I wish I weren't so tightly budgeted.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: Casey - Etsy vs. eBay new
      #302597 - 03/19/07 06:21 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Aww... thank you!

If it's handmade things you're selling, I think Etsy can't be beat - for now, anyway. Because it's specifically marketed towards people looking for the unique, it seems like people are more willing to spend money than they are on ebay. And the listing prices are great - 20 cents per item, and a listing stays live for 4 months. They do take a percentage commission when an item sells, but for me, such a cheap initial listing fee is a huge draw - I feel like I have a lot less to lose!

On the other hand, ebay is a MUCH bigger site, with MUCH more traffic, and much more highly publicized. By dollar figure, my sales on Etsy aren't even remotely close to what I *used* to make on ebay. But that "used to" is the key... I remember months where I made $2K on ebay, but those days are long gone. At the time I stopped selling on there, I was lucky to have 3 or 4 items a month sell, making me maybe $100. Their market's totally changed.

Anyway, I'm babbling. I think you can tell I'm pretty pleased so far.

Re: Casey - Etsy vs. eBay new
      #302610 - 03/19/07 10:05 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Quote:

If it's handmade things you're selling, I think Etsy can't be beat

Yup - all hand made stuff for me. I'm not much interested in the gizmos and gadgets that seem to sell well on eBay. I feel like everyone just wants electronics and designer stuff. Not really my thing.

I love shell craft, ornaments, building little weird things and sanding down old wooden whatevers and painting scenes on them. Oh yeah, and wind chimes and mobiles, love to make those, too.

Fun stuff.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: How is everyone? new
      #302617 - 03/20/07 05:10 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Hey Kelly!

I'm good - still trying to get stable - doing hypno again.

I'm going on my honeymoon in 29 days!!! A 9 day trip to DisneyWorld, staying at a gorgeous resort, and just longing to RELAX and get away from work.

I've also been looking for a new job, I've done 1 interview with a Naturopath's office, but I'm not sure I could handle the hours there.

Take care of you!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Good points Casey! new
      #302632 - 03/20/07 09:54 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Thats why I sell on Suggiebay (sugar glider specific board) and anything else I was thinking of selling on Etsy (I make handmade purses among other things... )

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 169 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2198

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review