Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Been a very long time...could use some good ear/nose/throat advice
      #302454 - 03/17/07 09:34 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys and Girls,

Don't know if you all will remember me or not, it's been a long time since I was on here. I've gone back to work and been super busy, so haven't been on the Internet very much but have missed you all and hope you are all doing well. I was just skimming through the LR and noticed some familar faces so it's great to see you are still around!

My tummy seems to be doing pretty well (knock wood) though my endometriosis still gives me loads of fun problems...but lately I've been having some bad ENT problems and I'm not sure who to ask for advice. So if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears (or mostly seeing as I can't 100% hear out of the one).

Here's the story:
I have a lot of fluid build-up in my left ear which I think is connected to my sinuses because prior to the ear being diagnosed my left eye (mostly the lid and surroudning areas) kept periodically swelling (I can post pictures if that would help).

Anyways, the fluid is really bad...they blew air into my ear and the drum can't move at all. I was told to take decongestants and given Nasonex but I've been doing that for a week with no success. After two days of that I developed a fever, went to a walk-in and found out it had gotten infected so I'm on Amoxicillin now. The fever broke late Thursday but is back now and the ear doesn't feel any less congested. I'm dizzy, nauseous and it's very painful.

This is very frustrating and I'm wondering if an x-ray should have been done (especially given the eye situation) or if maybe it's going to need to be surgically drained. If it helps, I was supposed to have tubes inserted and my adenoids removed when I was a child for these types of problems but my parents never went ahead with it. (

Well, that's the story. What do you guys think?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Nice to see you again. new
      #302456 - 03/17/07 11:40 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I don't have any experience with the kind of problems you're having but I'd head straight back to the doc. Is there a clinic or ER you can go to? It sounds like it could get pretty serious. I hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: Nice to see you again. new
      #302457 - 03/17/07 11:43 PM
Vicam

Thanks for the warm welcome I can my doctor on Monday evening but I may go to a clinic tomorrow if it's not any better...right now I think I just want to go to bed!

#302467 - 03/18/07 10:49 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Happy to see you too, but sorry you're having so many ear troubles!! My mom has Meunier's disease so I completely understand what you are going through, but I haven't anything to suggest for you. I hope the dr. has some better remedies for you soon!

Take care!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#302473 - 03/18/07 12:37 PM
Vicam

Thanks for your reply...how does your Mom deal with things? That's actually on the table I think as a possibility because I have a lot of ear problems/vertigo. I take a fairly high dose of Klonopin round the clock for problems with my cortisol levels...I'd hate to think what the vertigo might be like without it. Do you know if she had any eye problems prior to being diagnosed? Maybe I should post a picture...it was truly the most bizarre thing, I would wake up looking like Rocky after a big fight!

#302483 - 03/18/07 02:36 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Hey Vicam! Good to see you!

My doc prescribed me Cortef to boost my cortisol levels. I have this strange bumpy rash on my knees (since age 10, but it's worse now), and he said my blood tests said I had basically only minimal cortisone in my body. I've heard about it being prescribed for ear problems as well and wondered what your experiences were with it?

Nice to see your smiling face here! Glad to know I'm not the only old timer around.

~nelly~

#302486 - 03/18/07 02:46 PM
Vicam

Nice to see you too Actually, I've got the opposite problem, my cortisol levels are insanely high. So I'm not on cortef...that would not be a good thing for me! I have to try and avoid any and all synthetic steroids and the benzos are to try and lower the cortisol levels.

#302488 - 03/18/07 02:49 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Put you and me together and we'd have a pretty stable person then!!!!

~nelly~

That'd be perfect! -nt new
      #302493 - 03/18/07 03:51 PM
Vicam

#302516 - 03/18/07 09:05 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Do you drink coffee? That's notorious for raising your cortisol levels.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 120 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2719

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review